Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: can i tell if ive been deleted by someone on msn messenger

Quote Originally Posted by bertybastard View Post
    if you use messenger plus and get the ip addy plugin it tells u in a pop up message from msn their ip addy

Great! I was loosing hope for a bit there. Thats some of the best info I've heard in a bit, thanks alot. Now for me to see.. how hard will it be for me to track these programs down. I cant wait to see this thing work. Hopefully I come back with some positive news!

Thanks again.. I knew somebody would come through on this subject. Im sure you didnt make this application, but if this thing works.. you are considered a genius in my books bertybastard!!!

:emot78:... I feel sneeky already!!!!
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trixerbell View Post
    Yup what he said ! least youcan tell who added you, if your being blocked try sending them an invitetoyou again. dp this continually lol it realy lets them know you care
    More like let them know you're a cyber stalker

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bertybastard View Post
    if you use messenger plus and get the ip addy plugin it tells u in a pop up message from msn their ip addy
    OK well Ive found messenger plus.. obviously, but no ip addy plugin.. lots of other plugins... any idea where to find ip addy???
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DiGiToL_WaRRioR View Post
    OK well Ive found messenger plus.. obviously, but no ip addy plugin.. lots of other plugins... any idea where to find ip addy???

There you go mate http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/108-IPGet/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey.. fireman2203.. what happen'd 2u?! Anyways, if it wasn't for your first simple question, we wouldn't be at where we are now in this discussion, and I thank u for that.

So if anyone is wondering, bertybastards 'genius of insight's' aka ip addy works like a charm. Heck I haven't used messenger add ons like messenger+ in some time, that I forgot you dont even need to load a totally different messenger application. It just imbedd's into your original-stock windows live messenger program. I guess thoretically than ip addy would be an add-on's-add-on, but anywayz. It works like the way I described I would attempt at, manualy, with applications like netstat, and such. It does it all automatically for you, and filters out all the non-messenger related address'. And tons more information that netstat did not display. Problem is that u still need to get them to accept, or initiate a file transfer, application sharing, etc. To me it seems like Microsoft is fine with letting us transfer files no problem directly, but they still filter all of our conversations, making it not-so-easy to get a computer-2-computer link to each other. I guess the only thing for me to do now, is someohow get my contact to automatically accept the action, regardless of ig they are listed as online or away, cause you can still get a conversation initiated even if they are away. I know messenger plus helps out with that by giving you-the user the option of having it auto-accept-actions, so I know not to have that feature enabled!!! Just an extra hint to stop people from doing this. Other than that, im interested in seeing if there is a way we could get this success without them activating/enabling this option in messenger plus. Will get back to u though! hopefully with some good news.

Thanks again for all the individual help!!

!^*dw*^!
    Last edited by DiGiT; 13th August 2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: misspelled name? sorry dude!
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Re: can i tell if ive been deleted by someone on msn messenger

Quote Originally Posted by fireman2203 View Post
    if someone deletes me or i delete them on msn messenger can it be detected and if so how?

Regards
    OK well.. after all that testing I do apologize for never giving a direct answer to the original question of the thread.. mostly cause I could only find out everything else that I already posted for my conclusions from my intense tests.

Well finally some good news..

YES YOU CAN TELL IF YOU HAVE BEEN DELETED on msn messenger

OK, now for the next question... how so

This has nothing to do with being blocked or not.
    If you were.. at one point in time on a friends contact list (regardless of them being on yours or not)and you are wondering if you are still on there list (remember being blocked is not included in this) you can go into tools -> options ->privacy.
    From there you will see your Allow List (Left side)

Now check each contact name(some may be a nickname, others may be an email address) right click on each contact on your allow list. Usually you will only get the option "MOVE TO BLOCK LIST".

If You get the option "MOVE TO BLOCK LIST" AND "DELETE" is also highlighted, not only do you now have the optional choice of deleting this contact from your list, but that is the indicator or indication that you are not on their contact list. Whether you ever were in the past or not. If you see the "DELETE" option that means that you are not on there list.

Very simple. Regardless of who has added you to there list or not, if you see the deleted option and you can click on it, than it means you are not on there list.

I'm thinking that sometimes if you were deleted from a friends contact list, but if you check your "SEE WHO HAS ADDED YOU TO THEIR LIST" and they are listed on there it is because although they have deleted you from their list, you still have permission/access to try to chat with them. They will still get the chat window, and/or the option to add you again. So to me the SEE WHO HAS ADDED YOU list is more of a SEE WHO HAS NOT BLOCKED YOU LIST-THOUGH YOU MAY NOT BE ON THERE ACTIVE CONTACT LIST

I went through my list, and could you believe how livid I was to find out that my own sister didn't have me on her list. I verified that with her.. and she didn't know how to respond.. probably wondering how I realized. I'm now curious as to how long it has been like this since me and her have spoken many of times in messenger (Obviously I must have initiated the conversation) Well as a temporary lesson to teach her. She is not deleted from my list, but BLOCKED.. take that sis!!!:emot155:

I thank you all for being patient with the tests, and if anyone feels that this may not be accurate please let me know.
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just wondering if anyone is experienced or heard of Simplite by secway - a msn messenger encryption program.
    http://www.secway.fr/us/products/simplite_msn/

here is what the site says

You are using MSN Messenger to chat with your friends or colleagues. Did you know your messages are sent over the Internet in cleartext form?
    By encrypting messages before they leave your computer to the Internet, SimpLite-MSN prevents eavesdroppers from reading your MSN Messenger conversations. As the original successor of Simp 1.0, SimpLite-MSN benefits from state of the art algorithms to secure your messages, whilst maintaining an intuitive interface.
    Our products can handle both encrypted and unencrypted chats. If your contacts use SimpLite/SimpPro, conversations will be encrypted. Otherwise, they will remain unencrypted.
    SimpLite-MSN is free for personal use at home or at the office. However, only one product from the SimpLite family can be launched at the same time on your computer. For corporate or more demanding home users, we recommend you to check SimpPro, our commercial version. Compatible with SimpLite, it can encrypt multiple IM services simultaneously, produce encrypted logs, encrypt file transfers amongst many other exciting features!
    -DiGiT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12