Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default can i tell if ive been deleted by someone on msn messenger

if someone deletes me or i delete them on msn messenger can it be detected and if so how?

Regards
    Im off to a place of worship and wont be back till closing time

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: can i tell if ive been deleted by someone on msn messenger

Don't think so. If you delete someone and don't block they can still see if you are online. If you delete them and block them, that's them fucked off and vice versa.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think so.....

In Windows Live Messenger, Tools -> Options. Then click the "Privacy" tab. There is then a bit that says "See who has added you to their contact list" for you to click on "View".

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK well.. heres the scoop. I wondered the same thing one day, so I made another hotmail account, and had both logged in to its own messenger. It doesnt matter if they deleted you as a contact, blocked you, or whatever. You wont know. and as for the "see who has added you" tabunder privacy, well that thing is just a log of who "has" added you "ever". It will not update the list ever. Though in Ubuntu (linux) I used one of the chat programs and although I forget which one I used, I recall seing a status bubble that showed me if I was actually on their list of contacts. still doesnt help to know if you were just deleted or blocked, but its the closest you will get.

Remember, if you type a message in ms messenger, and keep the window open, u know for a fact that they got your message if at the bottom left corner of the window it shows "last message received at xx:xx" Other than that I think u will never know. Im sure their is a way to find out, but has anybody made an application to do that... I dont know..

If anything I said is not correct, please inform me, but I think all my testing found nothing.
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRookie View Post
    Don't think so. If you delete someone and don't block they can still see if you are online. If you delete them and block them, that's them fucked off and vice versa.
    I also observed thart when I blocked one of my accounts, they can still see your status, the person that blocked you just wont receive any of your messages, nudges, etc.. but I was stil able to see whenver they were away, online, etc..

All these tests were done a few months back, so maybe things have changed..

I will do all these tests again, but only if someone requests me to do so, since it is a bit time consuming, and anoying. Let me know, and I will get back to u
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry mate, you need to do more testing. I know I was removed from someone else's list, and this was reflected on the thing that lets you know who had added you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Re: can i tell if ive been deleted by someone on msn messenger

OK Here it is. I am typing the verdicts as I test.

Windows Live Messenger - v8.1(build8.1.0178.00) - User1 who is deleting/blocking
    Windows Messenger - v4.7 (build 4.7.3001) User2 who is checking his "see who added u" list

Both have each other added and online - shows up under "see who added you"

user1 blocks user2
    - user2 has no access to user1 status (user1 is online but user2 has user1 listed as offline. Under user2's "see who added me" user1 is still listed, User1 does not get any of user2's messages

user1 deletes user2 (although given the option, does not block user2 - only deletes)
    - user2 still sees user1 status - under user2's "see who added me" user1 is now erased
    user2 can still send messages to user1, and while user1 can respond, and keep a conversation going aslong as user2 initiates it, user1 can accept chats from user2 without user1 having user2 on list.

So I guess I was wrong. If you are blocked - u will never get a status of your friend being online, but they will show up under the "added" list - but if you are deleted you will see proper online status of contact, but they will not be in your "added" list. Although if you dont check your list you may never know since they can still chat with you as loong as you initiate the session.

I think I covered all grounds... hopefully we all got what we want now.

Let me know if you need me to clear up the conclusion for you. or if I forgot any tests
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gaim shows you whether the other person has you on their contact list.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
    Gaim shows you whether the other person has you on their contact list.
    Ya.. I said that in my other post, but I forgot the name if the program. Though if u are on their contact list, but they have you blocked, I dont beleive gaim tells u that much.
    I also noticed that gaim wasnt always 100% on that feature. sometimes it worked for me sometimes it didnt. Anyone know if they have a gaim for windows?

I also noticed that although u can send someone a message while they are offline with windows live messenger, if the person has you blocked, the chat window says "your offline message could not be delivered because the offline message server is temporarily not working". I guess that is msn's nice way of saying - you are blocked/cut off

While we are on the messenger topic. U know if their is a way to be able to locate the ip address of a contact. I know with yahoo im as long as you are viewing their webcam, or sending them a file, you can type netstat -n in command prompt to find their ip address (as long as you know which port is being used by IM)
    I tried it with live messenger and I had a shared folder open and it worked, but since then I have not been able to figure it out. I have tried everything from looking at my network logs, to messenger's connection loggs, firewall logs, netstat. Maybe I just missed something. I dont think u can find the ip unless you are actually chatting with them, but like I said It is hit and miss. anyone know the proper solution

I have neotrace pro - but I dont think that will help
    Last edited by DiGiT; 5th August 2007 at 04:47 PM.
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes, Pidgin (Gaim) is available for windows.

If I remember correctly, trillian used to show you the IP but that was a long time since I used it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, tried trillian - and nothing about ip addresses anywhere in the program. I have x-netstat, but it seems microsoft does a good job of hiding it or I guess routing it through their servers.
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

MSN block checker lets you see if a certain msn account is online or not.

http://blockchecker.msnfanatic.com/
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -AMO- View Post
    MSN block checker lets you see if a certain msn account is online or not.

h**p://blockchecker.msnfanatic.com/[/URL]

good call. tried it ut... a few too many pop up adds that ie cant even block, but either way, u still have to assume youve been blocked - it wont tell you that much, but I guess use it to check out all your contacts while messenger is loaded, and cross reference the status.

Take note that although my tests showed that u cannot see the proper live status of a contact that has blocked YOU. That was with microsfts messenger programs. Something like trillian or yahoo might still update their status on your screen. Havent gone that far. Ive actually never used anything but msn versions, or ubuntu's
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Careful of some of the online block check sites (not neccessarily the one given by AMO as I've never used it) that ask for your msn login details as they can harvest your contacts and spam them to death.
    Last edited by tef89; 10th August 2007 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ya, good call on that one Teff! I was weery about the msnfanatic blockchecker, so I did it with my hotmail-test account. Funny thing is the only mail up until my first visit to the block checker site was from msn themselves. Ever since that moment I tried the blockstatus checker. I get a bit of mail for v1agra or l3vitra or ci/4lis .

I was debating doing the same to the contact of the site - give him a peice of his own medicine, but who knows if he leased out the website. If I only knew.... Mybe the site needs overloading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good idea having a hotmail test acc DW

Glad I could help.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by destro404 View Post
    I think so.....

In Windows Live Messenger, Tools -> Options. Then click the "Privacy" tab. There is then a bit that says "See who has added you to their contact list" for you to click on "View".

Yup what he said ! least youcan tell who added you, if your being blocked try sending them an invitetoyou again. dp this continually lol it realy lets them know you care
    none needed

Thanks
    Karma Level

yep i agree always good to do a test account

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trixerbell View Post
    if your being blocked try sending them an invitetoyou again. dp this continually lol it realy lets them know you care
    Cool Idea, so I went back to my testing again, because I wanted to see if that can be done. Unfortunatly, the only option it gives you(the person being blocked) is to email them. I also tried adding them again... deleting the contact, and adding again, but all you caN do is email them, that is in windows messenger.
    (it is not set up for offline messages)

in windows live messenger, you have the option to send them offline message, so if you try to do this 3-4 times, it comes back saying that the offline messaging option is not available right now. try again later. Which is just a bullsh*t message in place cause messenger will not allow you to know that u are being blocked.

I guess the only option now is to spam the f*ck out of them, and hope that they are satisfied with the choices they make in life!!!!

I guess you can set up a new account and invite them again. now only if we could keep doing this quickly to annoy them!! To bad msn has made it almost imposible to script it, and it takes a bit of time to set up a new account and stuff!
    -DiGiT

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DiGiToL_WaRRioR View Post
    Ya.. I said that in my other post, but I forgot the name if the program. Though if u are on their contact list, but they have you blocked, I dont beleive gaim tells u that much.
    I also noticed that gaim wasnt always 100% on that feature. sometimes it worked for me sometimes it didnt. Anyone know if they have a gaim for windows?

I also noticed that although u can send someone a message while they are offline with windows live messenger, if the person has you blocked, the chat window says "your offline message could not be delivered because the offline message server is temporarily not working". I guess that is msn's nice way of saying - you are blocked/cut off

While we are on the messenger topic. U know if their is a way to be able to locate the ip address of a contact. I know with yahoo im as long as you are viewing their webcam, or sending them a file, you can type netstat -n in command prompt to find their ip address (as long as you know which port is being used by IM)
    I tried it with live messenger and I had a shared folder open and it worked, but since then I have not been able to figure it out. I have tried everything from looking at my network logs, to messenger's connection loggs, firewall logs, netstat. Maybe I just missed something. I dont think u can find the ip unless you are actually chatting with them, but like I said It is hit and miss. anyone know the proper solution

I have neotrace pro - but I dont think that will help

if you use messenger plus and get the ip addy plugin it tells u in a pop up message from msn their ip addy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast