Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Anyone from Manchester? 5 mins of you’re time please. Planning Objections Needed...

Hiya guys, I could really do with some help...

I’m looking for people from Manchester to help oppose another apartment development that is right on my door step. I’m not some moaning anti development person or anything like that far from it to be honest. However this particular build is totally unrealistic and I get the impression that the planning department are going to green light it regardless.

Its the old Rarry Ramsdens site at the base of the Mancunian Way right on a very busy and dangerous junction. The proposed build is a massive 28 storeys high!

If you take a look at at the illustration it will give you an idea of its scale.

The major problem is the access, there is only one way into our homes, it is a cul-de-sac Road, To have another 300+ cars using this very small stretch of road plus taxis and refuse trucks etc. really is ridiculous.

We are only a very small block of 9 apartments so our voice isn’t being heard by these fookers. I won’t continue to bore you... But if you are in a giving mood all I ask is for 5 mins of you’re time to take a look at the web form that we’ve set up for objections to easily be made to the council. We need to move really quickly on this because judgement day is on the 31st May!

http://www.kr8iv.co.uk/planning

Cheers,

Devs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone from Manchester? 5 mins of you’re time please. Planning Objections Needed.

Harry Ramsdens has shut? when did that happen?

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone from Manchester? 5 mins of you’re time please. Planning Objections Needed.

In reality you have no chance. Looking at the size of the development it will serve to net the council a shitload of regular council tax and if the council are anything like ours and probably every other council it will happen.

Thanks
    Karma Level

used to work round the corner from this place and i know there has been a lot of development around the ordsall area but this!!!! i will miss harry's, is grovenor and the fast food stuff gone as well?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

from what iv'e been told the council can't afford to oppose the building companies so the building companies allways wins something about if the councill refuse they appeal with amendments to the plans to rectify the reason it was refused in the first place
    apperantly it cost the local councills so much money to refuse planning permission to find that it gets granted on appeal anyway so they just basicly give in to the builder
    sad but true

Thanks
    Karma Level

there are so many apartments going up in town. I was in one last night in the green quater near the cis building. There building more next door to that aswell. These people must be making millions.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    Harry Ramsdens has shut? when did that happen?
    They have moved it to White City in OT.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi guys and thanks for the input, yeah I know that I'm probably pissing into the wind. But because I'm going to be living next to this fecking thing I might as well try and make some kind of difference, even if its just to decrease the size slightly. The traffic will be nothing like what it was when it was a 'rank' chippy you could drive straight into the car park, this one will have an entry system so any deliveries taxis etc will just back up the street and block access to the other two blocks of apartments entrances. If anyone knows that junction they will tell you that its a right bastard, really hard work this will just make it even worse at peak times.

If anyone would like to visit the link (http://kr8iv.co.uk/planning/) and raise there objection that would be quality. Even if you live out of town you can always object that’s it’s too big & ugly for a gateway site, if nothing else.

Devs