Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention AC Milan 2 - Liverpool 1

Hey guys, dunno if it's been announced yet, but here goes:

AC Milan 2-1 Liverpool

By Phil McNulty

Pippo Inzaghi with the European Cup after Milan's 2-1 win over Liverpool
    Inzaghi's double was enough to see off Liverpool in Athens
    Pippo Inzaghi struck twice as AC Milan gained revenge for their 2005 Champions League final defeat against Liverpool with victory in Athens.

Inzaghi scored a freak opener in first-half injury time, unwittingly deflecting Andrea Pirlo's free-kick past a wrong-footed Pepe Reina.

Steven Gerrard missed a glorious chance to equalise before Inzaghi slid home a second eight minutes from time.

Dirk Kuyt pulled one back with a header with a minute left, but time ran out.

Liverpool, as expected, used Kuyt as a lone front man with captain Gerrard pushed into an advanced role.

And it was a ploy that worked well until Liverpool conceded unfortunately in the dying seconds of the first half.

Jermaine Pennant was also prominent as Liverpool posed the greater threat, forcing a fine save from Dida after Marek Jankulovski had conceded possession.

The much-touted Brazil star Kaka was a peripheral figure early on, but he brought a comfortable save from Liverpool keeper Reina with a 20-yard drive.

Alonso then came within inches of putting Liverpool ahead after 26 minutes, sending an angled drive just wide after more poor Milan defending.

But after controlling the game, Liverpool conceded needlessly in first-half injury time.

Alonso had committed several careless fouls, and he paid the price for another infringement on Kaka 20 yards out.

Pirlo's free-kick took a crucial deflection off Inzaghi that completely wrong-footed Reina.

Liverpool struggled to exert their superiority in the early stages of the second half and Benitez made a change after 58 minutes, sending on Harry Kewell for Bolo Zenden.

Gerrard had Liverpool's best chance on 62 minutes when he was sent clear by a dreadful pass by Rino Gattuso, but his finish was weak and Dida saved.

Time was running out for Liverpool and Benitez made a second change with 13 minutes left, sending on Peter Crouch for Javier Mascherano.

As Liverpool pushed forward, they were punished by a piece of brilliance by Kaka and a trademark ruthless finish from Inzaghi.

Kaka unlocked Liverpool with a glorious pass and Inzaghi rounded Reina before scoring from an angle.

Crouch then tested Dida with a 25-yard drive as Liverpool tried to mount an unlikely recovery.

Liverpool pulled one back in the dying seconds when Daniel Agger flicked on Pennant's corner and Kuyt headed home.

But this time there was no dramatic comeback and Milan celebrated wildly.

AC Milan: Dida, Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Jankulovski (Kaladze 79), Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf (Favalli 90), Kaka, Inzaghi (Gilardino 88).
    Subs Not Used: Kalac, Cafu, Serginho, Brocchi.

Booked: Gattuso, Jankulovski.

Goals: Inzaghi 45, 82.

Liverpool: Reina, Finnan (Arbeloa 88), Carragher, Agger, Riise, Pennant, Alonso, Mascherano (Crouch 78), Zenden (Kewell 59), Gerrard, Kuyt.
    Subs Not Used: Dudek, Hyypia, Gonzalez, Bellamy.

Booked: Mascherano, Carragher.

Goals: Kuyt 89.

Att: 74,000

Ref: Herbert Fandel (Germany).
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: AC Milan 2 - Liverpool 1

Forgets to mention that if they had played the extra 12 seconds of extra time that all the scousers were crying about then it would have all been different...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Carlsberg don't sponsor champions... but if they did they'd have to find another team.

***BREAKING NEWS***

Liverpool man found dead with a gimp mask on and dildo up his arse....

.....police took off his Liverpool shirt to save the family any embarrassment

Thanks
    Karma Level

what have LFC and olivia newton john got in common???
    They both got fucked in Greece!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by John Keymer View Post
    Forgets to mention that if they had played the extra 12 seconds of extra time that all the scousers were crying about then it would have all been different...
    WHAT???? that makes no sense

ya jokes are shit too!

milan won, end of! well done on their 7th european cup and maldini's 5th

we were the better team but shit happens and thats football

Thanks
    Karma Level

Where the fuck have you popped your head up from John Keymer? Never see fuck all from you all season in the football forum then you pop up with all sorts of anti Liverpool posts.
    Serious troll.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh dear, there goes the banter................

Any Liverpool fans care to comment on the 178 LFC fans detained whilst trying to force their way into the ground with no tickets? You'd seriously think after what happened in 89 this is the last thing Liverpool fans would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Where the fuck have you popped your head up from John Keymer? Never see fuck all from you all season in the football forum then you pop up with all sorts of anti Liverpool posts.
    Serious troll.
    Yours?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Alright alright calm down calm down

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by John Keymer View Post
    Yours?
    Um, no. I will quite happily debate till I am red in the face with people that contribute here. But people that troll are another matter altogether.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty View Post
    Oh dear, there goes the banter................

Any Liverpool fans care to comment on the 178 LFC fans detained whilst trying to force their way into the ground with no tickets? You'd seriously think after what happened in 89 this is the last thing Liverpool fans would do.
    yeah if eufa shared out the tickets properly then you might not get fans trying to get in without tickets,i know this is a hypothetical question but do you not think that if efc were ever to get into a cup final that your fans would not try to gain entry without tickets if they couldnt get any,oh and ticketless fans did not cause what happened in 89 so why do you have to drag that subject up whenever you see an opportunity?

Thanks
    Karma Level

And they fail to mention how people with legit tickets where denied entry....UEFA are quick to pass the buck when it all comes down to attrocious organisation not just for the final but in ticket allocation in general throughout the competition.

The result was probably poetic justice really after 2005.

We played well enough but it showed our need for a striker or 2 in the summer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

In response to jacko I never actually said ticketless fans caused Hillsborough 89

I said, given what happened that day, you'd think Liverpool fans would think twice before breaking into the stadium without tickets

Even if Liverpool would have got a big allocation, 40000 would still have gone over and there'd still be fans without tickets
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Horrific stories there Walter. No fan should have to put up with treatment like that in this day and age. We are a passionate race, and we love our football, and if UEFA can't see that then one day soon there is going to be another tragedy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My story starts with a 4am flight over to Athens from John Lennon. Orderly queing with plenty of security personel. Great flight on a Corsair 747, (the food was good too).

We land in Athens around 12 midday local time. We pass through the passport conrtol and enter the tent to find 1000+ fans trying to board the 2 - 3 coaches. There was no queing system whatsoever. The reps did not have a clue what to do. People were fighting to get onto the coaches.

Then we get dropped off at the main square where we stay until 6.30ish pm. Meet up with all my mates, have a few drinks, singing etc..

Get on the metro at Omonia station to the Olympic station.

Now what i'm about to type is hard to put into words, i cannot describe the situation with such conviction.

There were thousands of reds queing up to get through the 1st check-point. They had metal fences with double gates. At this point there were not letting people through, and the queues behind were growing and getting more impatient. After 20 minutes i was near the front, and was getting crushed against the fence, i've never been so scared in my life. Now im about 15st, 6ft tall so i'm fairly confident of looking after myself, but i could not stop getting crushed against the fence. There was a young lady next to me in tears who was getting crushed.

The time now was about 7.30-8pm and more and more people were arriving, the push was getting stronger and stronger. I seen this lady having an epiletic fit on the floor. I seen a small child with a cut head and blood pouring. There was dad in tears trying to protect his two small children.

I've never in my whole life seen such poor organisation.

They then opened the gates and everyone just surged forwared, hundreds without tickets got through.

Then the whole "crush" thing happend at the next check point. I decided just to step aside and check the situation out, as at this time i was contemplating not going into the ground. This policeman then opened a gate next to where i was stood and ordered me through, where i by-passed the next gathering. I then was able to get into the stadium WITHOUT having my ticket checked.

I found my seat where my mates were stood. about an hour before kick-off we were stood on our seats as the row were our legs should have been were taken my fans. I had to share a seat to stand on with my mate because it was so full.

I just cant believe how bad the organisation was at this event. There were no "proper" turnstlyes, just big gates that were opened to allow fans through.

I heard after we entered the ground that fans were getting tear gassed outside, and people with legit tickets were getting denied entry.

I also seen 3 or 4 scum bag twats robbing families tickets.

To some this up i will never be attending an away game in Europe that is organised by UEFA again.

Where were the British Police? Where were the Anfield stewards?
    I saw 4 muggings in five minutes, fucking disgusting cunts.
    Well done - Red's robbing each other, Fcuk, robbing anyone is just wrong. Scum Bags like that deserve what they got and more.

However, a lot of people are to quick to turn a blind eye to the actions of, all be it a minority, of so called Liverpool Fans, and blame UEFA and the local Police!

The instances of Liverpool 'fans' robbing families of their tickets were quite deplorable. Quite frankly, Liverpool fans do not help themselves. It's all well and good blaming heavy handed policing and ticket allocations but these fake tickets were made here in britain and sold on by Liverpool fans. It was Liverpool fans mugging their own of their tickets, it was Liverpool fans rushing up those steps and into the ground with little thought for the safety of others and it was Liverpool fans who were, by all accounts, involved in a fifty man brawl over one ticket.

My club has a reputation for violence and no set of supporters is whiter than white but there is a very specific stereotype associated with fans of the merseyside giants and it's a stereotype that a great contingent of their support not only simply live up to over and over again but also seem revel in it. The great swathes of Reds that post here can flame me all they want but that, quite simply, is how it is.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WalterPill View Post
    The instances of Liverpool 'fans' robbing families of their tickets were quite deplorable. Quite frankly, Liverpool fans do not help themselves. It's all well and good blaming heavy handed policing and ticket allocations but these fake tickets were made here in britain and sold on by Liverpool fans. It was Liverpool fans mugging their own of their tickets, it was Liverpool fans rushing up those steps and into the ground with little thought for the safety of others and it was Liverpool fans who were, by all accounts, involved in a fifty man brawl over one ticket.

My club has a reputation for violence and no set of supporters is whiter than white but there is a very specific stereotype associated with fans of the merseyside giants and it's a stereotype that a great contingent of their support not only simply live up to over and over again but also seem revel in it. The great swathes of Reds that post here can flame me all they want but that, quite simply, is how it is.
    you seem to think all scousers are like that well let me tell you mate were not you get scumbags in every walk of life,the fact is that every major sporting event always has forged tickets its not just a scouse thing,its also natural that when people have genuine tickets then get told they cant enter the stadium for what may be there only chance to see a european cup final that panic sets in and can cause people to react in an irrational way,yes there was to many people there without tickets but that is down to the inadeqaute allocation of tickets uefa kept approx 30thousand tickets to dish out to any tom dick or harry this is why so many tickets end up on the black market,uefa only had to look at the size of lfcs following in istanbul to realise there could be problems but they dont give a fuck about supporters,the same would have happened if utd had got there without a doubt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    you seem to think all scousers are like that
    a great contingent of their support not only simply live up to over and over again but also seem revel in it.
    I'm not a moron.

Termy

I'm not a moron.
    Thats not quite accurate really.

If you think this is just down to scousers you are not correct. And please dont say anything like "yeah but you would say that coz you support Liverpool" as this doesnt make me a scouser.

There are other places in the UK that have problematic fans, some of them dont have the opportunity to get to a Champions League final as their teams arent good enough to qualify.

Unfortunatly there are bad elements all over the UK.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally Posted by WalterPill
    a great contingent of their support not only simply live up to over and over again but also seem revel in it.

i think that should read small minority mate,why do people like you always look to pull liverpool supporters to pieces iv not read anybody mention the fact that liverpool supporters stayed and applauded ac of the pitch now thats what i call genuine football supporters and real liverpool fans why dont you ever mention the good things instead of looking to criticise our support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast