Pizzabeer?

Thread: Pizzabeer?

  1. BertRoot's Avatar

    BertRoot said:

    Default Pizzabeer?

    (CBS) ST. CHARLES, Ill. Beer and pizza are tastes that, for many of us, just seem to go together. But, beer that tastes like pizza?

    As CBS 2’s Vince Gerasole reports, a suburban brewer has put a new twist on tap.

    Something’s brewing in a garage in St. Charles. Tom Seefurth is mixing up a concoction he'll eventually pour out as beer – pizza beer.

    “It's pizza and beer in a bottle,” Seefurth, a self-proclaimed beer nut, says.

    There are actually real pieces of pizza stirred into the mix.

    The kettles and tubes of Seefurth’s tiniest of breweries all come together beside the hundreds of beer cans in his collection.

    “This is a reflection of my entire life history,” he says.

    Too many garden tomatoes cooked up the idea for pizza beer last year. Seeforth and his wife create a tomato garlic puree and bake up the pizza -- in the back yard they pick their own oregano for flavoring.

    And back in the brewery Seefurth even grinds his own wheat to get the process started. He'll add other spices, but keeps the recipe a secret.

    “The only people who know the recipe are me and my cat, Jethro,” he says.

    Seefurth says the flavors of pizza and beer are a natural pairing, and the hobbyist hopes to take drink coast to coast.

    You can try some 'Mama Mia' beer for yourself in the next few weeks. It is being sold at Walter Payton's Roundhouse in Aurora.

    “The only people who know the recipe are me and my cat, Jethro,” Seefurth says.
    Real pizza gets added in during Seefurth's brewing process for his 'pizza beer.'
    CBS


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    and there is a video of them making it over [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

     
  2. elephantsoup's Avatar

    elephantsoup said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    thats just not right .. its should be beer then pizza/curry/chinese whatever.
     
  3. Sherwood's Avatar

    Sherwood said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    Quote Originally Posted by elephantsoup View Post
    thats just not right .. its should be beer then pizza/curry/chinese whatever.
    All on the same night?
     
  4. piggzy's Avatar

    piggzy said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    Would be a good idea to read your welcome message instead of dragging up 10 year old threads ...
     
  5. Mickey's Avatar

    Mickey said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    WHAT A BUMP
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     
  6. BertRoot's Avatar

    BertRoot said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    Nimrod

     
  7. CzarJunkie's Avatar

    CzarJunkie said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    I brewed some ale that tasted like the missus' anus, which I lovingly refer to as 'the gypsy camp' (it stinks, is usually strewn with various detritus and regularly attracts stray whippets.) We called it 'Travellers Delight IPA', it went down a storm at her parents BBQ.
     
  8. crazyal's Avatar

    crazyal said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    Does it have some lumpy bits in it too? Mmmm.
     
  9. Raptor's Avatar

    Raptor said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I brewed some ale that tasted like the missus' anus, which I lovingly refer to as 'the gypsy camp' (it stinks, is usually strewn with various detritus and regularly attracts stray whippets.) We called it 'Travellers Delight IPA', it went down a storm at her parents BBQ.
    10/10 description
     
  10. 4me2's Avatar

    4me2 said:

    Default Re: Pizzabeer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I brewed some ale that tasted like the missus' anus, which I lovingly refer to as 'the gypsy camp' (it stinks, is usually strewn with various detritus and regularly attracts stray whippets.) We called it 'Travellers Delight IPA', it went down a storm at her parents BBQ.
    Oh here we go Some things never change, CJ being one of them.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.