Close

Thread: Dubai 2007

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Dubai 2007

Here are some photos from my recent Dubai trip, for you who like skyscrapers, beaches, water parks or just rooting through random holiday piccies Sorry about the quality, my camera is quite decent but not sure what happened during the uploads, quality seems to have got a bit bad

The beach

Looking out onto the Persian Gulf...no sign of US warships

Here's us warming up shortly before a 5-a-side match against some Algerian lads, which we won!
    Traditional English long ball football beats skills, even on hot sand

Here's some ugly bastard jellyfish...including a blue one, saw a few of these in the sea.
    Looked like netto bags from a distance until they got up close!

Wild Wadi Water Park

The Jumeirah Sceirah, the 2nd highest and fastest waterslide in the world

View of the pool and slides

The Rip Rider surf machine. One of my mates had a go on it and lasted 2 seconds. I didn't even bother trying, saved the embarrassment

Buildings

Below is the world famous 7 star Burj Al Arab hotel

Dubai Marina

Work in progess...this is typical of the city...
    Buildings going up everywhere, these are some of the smaller ones

Last edited by Snotty; 3rd June 2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Dubai 2007

Nice set of pictures there. Nasty jellyfish

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was it good? I have considered going but was not sure there was going to be enough to keep my occupied for a week.
    Also, whats the food like?
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Was it good? I have considered going but was not sure there was going to be enough to keep my occupied for a week.
    Also, whats the food like?
    Yeah excellent. Best place I've been easily. I was there 4 days and didn't even get to do half the things I originally planned. I didn't get to go on the desert safari which I'm pretty gutted about cos its meant to be a 'must do' Dubai attraction. Take at least a week in so you can visit the great public beaches, the big water park, they are building a brand new Universal theme park there...there are plenty of very good shopping malls and gold souks, Even the nightlife is good. And if you're into skiing, they have the biggest indoor ski slope in the world.

The food is good...pretty similar to any big world city in that you can get just about any meal you want, the local stuff is OK, I would say Lebanese and iranian are better...generally everything is cheaper or similar priced to the UK apart from hotels and booze which are quite pricey.
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My sister and husband go there 3 times a year easily. They love it. I`ve not ever been but they cant rate it highly enough.

Actually, they went out for a week 3 weeks ago, came back to blighty for a week and then fucked off back to Dubai for another week...what it must be like to be rich eh!!!!
    Recent Mac convert...

Thanks
    Karma Level

last time i went there cigerets were 3 pound a sleav and the woman were 40 pound the whole night you can get hotels for about 40 pound a night for a double room there as well . lovely place would love to go back there.. the wild wadi is out of this world

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

my brother goes every christmas loves it, never heard anyone say anything bad about it, nice pics....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Pete View Post
    My sister and husband go there 3 times a year easily. They love it. I`ve not ever been but they cant rate it highly enough.

Actually, they went out for a week 3 weeks ago, came back to blighty for a week and then fucked off back to Dubai for another week...what it must be like to be rich eh!!!!
    The place isn't as expensive as ppl make out, and my flight was only £187 with Qatar Airways (fantastic airline). Get yourself there!

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
    last time i went there cigerets were 3 pound a sleav and the woman were 40 pound the whole night you can get hotels for about 40 pound a night for a double room there as well . lovely place would love to go back there.. the wild wadi is out of this world
    Cigs were £5.80 for 200 L&B, MBoro etc in Dubai, I was making handsome profits when i got back Didn't touch any of the Russian 'ladies' out there but was reliably informed they are very. very expensive now

Quote Originally Posted by peterc4 View Post
    my brother goes every christmas loves it, never heard anyone say anything bad about it, nice pics....
    Am planning Xmas there...although it may be a bit low key it would make a nice change from awful weather and pass the parcel