Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Do something good today.....

I'm doing a 10K run on Sunday despite having a damaged foot and our "flat cooling" party the night before so the least you lot can do is sponsor me!

Cancerbackup is the nominated charity www.cancerbackup.org.uk who provide information, support and advice for people diagnosed with cancer and their families. Unfortunately, that will affect most of the people who read this message in some way at some time.

You can make your donations online at
    http://www.justgiving.com/jamiemccallum
    (no internet scam jokes please - it is genuine!) and if you do it that way and you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your donation at no cost to you. The website sends your funds direct to the charity so you can be confident that I aint gonna steal it!

All donations gratefully received.

Enjoy your long lie on Sunday!

Lets bring back the word Rad......

[live=Sushi%20MaC]Sushi MaC[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Do something good today.....

Wow, 3 sponsors........and it's in 3 days. Looks like you've really been pushing this hard.

I hate threads like this so I won't be sponsoring you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have plenty of sponsorhip thank you. I just set the web site one up a couple of days ago for remote work colleagues to use as we've just been paid.

When I said every little helps, I should have been clearer that I was referring to cash and not hot air.

Many thanks for your input, I'm sure the charity in question will value it very highly.

I just thought I'd give fellow forum members the chance to donate if they were feeling particularly altruistic today. It goes straight to the charity and doesn't affect me in any way.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Then I'd suggest you invite people you have a personal relationship with to sponsor you rather than ask a forum full of people who have no idea who you are.

If the same effort is carried through to the event I suspect you'll probably stay in bed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    so the least you lot can do is sponsor me!

Enjoy your long lie on Sunday!
    not the best way of getting people on your side, a couple of smilies may have helped.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have seen threads like this before and they always turn ugly.

Cancer research charities should do a little consoldation and get their acts in order to focus better on the issues facing them instead of being many disparate groups all fighting for peoples cash. I never give to charity as 100% of donated money never finds the target punted at the people coughing up.

Before you start my brother is a research geneticist working on the fight against cancer and I know how it all works and what the money goes on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post

Cancer research charities should do a little consoldation and get their acts in order to focus better on the issues facing them instead of being many disparate groups all fighting for peoples cash. I never give to charity as 100% of donated money never finds the target punted at the people coughing up.

Completely agree. Take red nose day and children in need. Every year millions of pounds are raised. The next year, when we look back at the developments, it turns out they managed to get a school from all of our donations.

Good luck with it anyway sushi

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Then I'd suggest you invite people you have a personal relationship with to sponsor you rather than ask a forum full of people who have no idea who you are.

If the same effort is carried through to the event I suspect you'll probably stay in bed.

What part of "I have plenty of sponsorhip thank you." don't you understand? I've been annoying my friends and family with the old sponsorship form for the last couple of months. Not that I have to explain myself to you.

Anyway, I'm not getting into this discussion with you. I'm just trying to exhaust every avenue I can to get as much money for a charity as I can. I'm not going to apologise for that.

It worries me, in fact, that someone actually has a problem with that. Worry is not actually the word, I'm astonished.

I have entered and paid for the run anyway. Whether to nominate a charity at all or raise money for one is totally voluntary.

I decided that I would volunteer a charity and raise money for it anyway so fuck me gently for trying to do something decent.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It worries me, in fact, that someone actually has a problem with that. Worry is not actually the word, I'm astonished.
    I'm astonished someone has the balls to insinuate the rest of us are a bunch of lazy fuckers as he'll be getting up early on Sunday morning while the rest of us lie in. Then ask us for fucking money.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It pisses me off that everybody always goes for cancer charities. Be a little more imaginitive. Animals are less able to fund research and are equally as deserving as humans but hey why bother cos a lot of the funding of cancer research goes into paying for animals to torture for your cause. Look at the price of a lab chimp. Sure GTI can back me up here but I know in the late eighties they were over 30k a piece.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm astonished someone has the balls to insinuate the rest of us are a bunch of lazy fuckers as he'll be getting up early on Sunday morning while the rest of us lie in. Then ask us for fucking money.
    Hahahaa! Oh for fuxaake this is ridiculous. That was a wee joke mate (you know as in.....that's what I'd rather be doing!).

You know what, just forget it. Pleeeeaase just forget it. I haven't the time for such pedantry.

Enjoy the last word that you are, no doubt, about to add.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm doing a 10K run on Sunday despite having a damaged foot and our "flat cooling" party the night before so the least you lot can do is sponsor me!
    Sounds like a plan for guaranteed success.
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesus guys come on.....can this thread just be closed before it gets more unpleasant and personal

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My GF is running the great north run this for a charity (MIND) and i don't know if it's just this particular charity but they ask you get £300 sponsership and if you don't get it i guess you just have to pay yourself. I couldn't believe it - they're a charity and (IMO) should be grateful for whatever they get and not demand £300.

All seems a bit daft.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post
    Jesus guys come on.....can this thread just be closed before it gets more unpleasant and personal
    Sushi has the power to close his own thread, if he so wishes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    Sushi has the power to close his own thread, if he so wishes.
    Not as a non-VIP he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post
    Lively discussion is what this section is all about and I don't think any lines have been crossed yet. I am keeping an eye on it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not as a non-VIP he doesn't.
    Oh my bad, although I didn't realise as I've always been VIP, donating to a good cause and all that

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    Oh my bad, although I didn't realise as I've always been VIP, donating to a good cause and all that

I've been in that situation before willp, it really does make the mind baffle.
    We're in desperate need of your money, people are dying and you can make a difference (but only if you give as much as we want)
    Tossers
    Last edited by Ganty; 14th June 2007 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It pisses me off that everybody always goes for cancer charities. Be a little more imaginitive. Animals are less able to fund research and are equally as deserving as humans but hey why bother cos a lot of the funding of cancer research goes into paying for animals to torture for your cause. Look at the price of a lab chimp. Sure GTI can back me up here but I know in the late eighties they were over 30k a piece.
    I'm of a similar opinion reagding Cancer charities, although my reasons are a little different.

This is going to upset a few people no doubt, but high incidences of cancer is largely a western phenomenon. It's caused mainly by over consumption, a poor diet, pollutants and a lack of exercise. Of course, there are exceptions to that before anyone pipes up about someone they knew being a tri-athlete or some shit.

Therefore, if you really want to help reduce cancer rates then stop drinking so much, eating so much, eating shit, using chemical laden beauty products, detergents and other household products, reduce your reliance on pollution causing fossil fuels and get out of your car and walk.

Cancer rates have never been so high because of our lifestyle, we can change that and we don't need cancer charities in order to do it.

So next time you think about giving money to a charity, think about something far more deserving, such as the billions living in poverty in the Third World or the thousands of endangered species of animals we've driven to the edge of extinction.
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 14th June 2007 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I'm of a similar opinion reagding Cancer charities, although my reasons are a little different.

This is going to upset a few people no doubt, but high incidences of cancer is largely a western phenomenon. It's caused mainly by over consumption, a poor diet, pollutants and a lack of exercise. Of course, there are exceptions to that before anyone pipes up about someone they knew being a tri-athlete or some shit.

Therefore, if you really want to help reduce cancer rates then stop drinking so much, eating so much, eating shit, using chemical laden beauty products, detergents and other household products, reduce your reliance on pollution causing fossil fuels and get out of your car and walk.

Cancer rates have never been so high because of our lifestyle, we can change that and we don't need cancer charities in order to do it.

So next time you think about giving money to a charity, think about something far more deserving, such as the billions living in poverty in the Third World or the thousands of endangered species of animals we've driven to the edge of extinction.
    No chance i would rather have cancer than live off a diet of berries and nuts and fart constantly, as for the poor starving kids on Tv with the flies coming out there mouths tell them to brush their teeth.

Feed the world aye right bob, while your living in your fuckin mansion.

Rant at the end for the fuckin pigmy geldof i know he reads my stuff.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast