Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Sheffield Utd - Own Goal?

Seems that whilst Sheff Utd have been on-and-on about how West Ham cheated the league, they themselves broke a rule within the game.

Stopping Steve Kabba from playing against them after selling him to Watford, seems that the NOTW had evidence of the Watford website and Sheffield United website confirming the details?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/170620...-transfer.html

Pot - Kettle - Black?
    Cut me open and I Bleed Red :mellow:

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sheffield Utd - Own Goal?

They just cant go down with dignity, i saw on the news that the cretins went to parliament and to lobby the commons HAHAHAHA get over it
    Leeds and Bradford went down with some dignity

Cant wait for the results of this to come out

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedred View Post
    Seems that whilst Sheff Utd have been on-and-on about how West Ham cheated the league, they themselves broke a rule within the game.

Stopping Steve Kabba from playing against them after selling him to Watford, seems that the NOTW had evidence of the Watford website and Sheffield United website confirming the details?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/170620...-transfer.html

Pot - Kettle - Black?
    Think the NOTW had evidence about irregularities over Howard not playing for Everton vs United. Nothing came of that, and nothing will come of this. And anyway, it hardly compares to playing an illegal player for the whole season does it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

What it was with tim howard is that united included a clause that would prevent howard playing against them. Whilst he was on loan he would not have been able to play against united and with the transfer done the same would have been true for that season. Therefore united claimed the deal would have no effect on the integrity of the competition. However the Premer League rejected the clause so there was nothing for united to answer to.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mutant View Post
    Leeds and Bradford went down with some dignity
    Lmao Leeds pulled a clever trick at the end of the season but there was nothing dignified about it
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    Lmao Leeds pulled a clever trick at the end of the season but there was nothing dignified about it
    Added on to the ten point trick is a certain pitch invasion in their last home game in which they effectively got relegated. Delayed the match finish by about half an hour if i remember correctly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like Liverpool have joined the party to send West Ham down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

How come Rick Parry has started giving evidence in favour of Sheffield United? Seems bizarre. Has something gone on between WHU and LFC behind the scenes during the Mascherano deal to provoke this?
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty View Post
    How come Rick Parry has started giving evidence in favour of Sheffield United? Seems bizarre. Has something gone on between WHU and LFC behind the scenes during the Mascherano deal to provoke this?

Your guess is as good as mine, but it makes you think.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty View Post
    maybe like a lot of people he just thinks what went on was wrong or maybe he wants to make sure WHU go down to make sure tevez leaves and comes to us

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Think the NOTW had evidence about irregularities over Howard not playing for Everton vs United. Nothing came of that, and nothing will come of this. And anyway, it hardly compares to playing an illegal player for the whole season does it?
    Yes but the issue with Sheff utd not allowing Watford to field a player is all about a secondary clause on a contract, which is what the Tevez affair was all about. The player registration was fine, except for a 3rd party Sell On Clause, which was effectively terminated.

As I have said on many occasion you should let the football do the talking, and for that reason alone, I feel Sheff Utd deserved to go down!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think it matters anyway, Sheffield United will be staying down.

I am sure that the sponsers are loving all this.............................................
    Cut me open and I Bleed Red :mellow:

Thanks
    Karma Level

This really is the ultimate in bad loosers. They got relegated FFS deal with it. ( As an Oxford fan, its something im used to thats for sure )

All this bollox as well about "Perhaps we could both stay up in a 21 team Premiership", if anything it would be more appropriate if they both got relegated, but its not right Sheffield are piggy backing this so much.
    [live=JungIist]JungIist[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

West Ham should be the ones that go down imho.

Tevez is a great player that made a big contribution to the team and if he really shouldn't have been playing and WH knew the rules about this, then they should go down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by honestDave View Post
    West Ham should be the ones that go down imho.

Tevez is a great player that made a big contribution to the team and if he really shouldn't have been playing and WH knew the rules about this, then they should go down.

Couldn't have put it better myself, straight to the point.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yes i agree 2 west ham broke the rules ..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beansontoast View Post
    leeds did everything within the rules of the game there was no trick at all

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wiggi28 View Post
    leeds did everything within the rules of the game there was no trick at all
    here here...it had been done before and we were already down, clever imho

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gavinlfc View Post
    Couldn't have put it better myself, straight to the point.

from KUMB forums

Like all things West Ham, I remain almost confident that everything wil be fine, with the tiniest nagging doubt that everything is going to go pear shaped. But that comes with 40 years of supporting the club.

I have read pretty much every bit of the whole shenanigans, plus listened to as many news reports and opinions as I can find on this, and I think this is what the panel will find.

Chiefly, the original decision was correct. We were fined what was a record fine for a fairly innocuous breach of a minor regulation, which had no bearing on the outcome of any match played by any team during that whole period, as at no time was any third party influence or involvement used.

We were at the bottom of the table at the time the punishment was dished out. a points deduction would have seen us automatically relegated despite all the efforts of the club it's new owners; who were not responsible for the breaches, fans and players to keep West Ham in the PL. Automatic relegation for the offences committed by West Ham would have been entirely disproprtionate to the offence, so a record fine was rightly issued and a points deduction not.

I struggle to think why any independent arbitration committee, gathered to look into the conduct of the original disciplinary committee would think that the disciplinary board had acted inappropriately or with undue lenience, given the minor nature of the offences caused. THis is what the arbitration is about, not the manner of the offences themselves. THis is not a retrail, much though McCabe has tried to spin this line to the media, MPs and piss poor one dimensional northern actors.

McCabe and Sheffield are doomed, because they played like sh*t all season then lost the most important final match of the season to a team that themselves were in free-fall, and although it's galling to see the media Blades Love-fest going on, while our side of the story is completely unrepresented by either the media (Martin Samuel notwithstanding) or even by our own spokespeople, once the whole matter is put to bed I think we will see a media backlash against McCabe (cause it sell papers) and also some well timed retaliation by Eggy in the media. Also I think a few deals are in the pipeline that will only get the green light once Eggy is given the nod from people within the PL that all is secure for us.

"no problems, just solutions"

"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail"

Thanks
    Karma Level

KUMB has posted some complete and utter toss recently. A lot of it i'd suggest would be bordering on a court case from McCabe and the Blades.

The Kabba issue is nothing other than an attempt by a West Ham supporting "journalist of the year" (with a track record of writing untruths on the Blades) and the Premier League to make us seem in as much of a bad light as possible.

First of all, there is absolutely no confirmation, in fact quite the opposite, that there is any clause in any contract stating that Kabba must not play.

Secondly, from the rules and past punishments from said rules, the Blades wouldn't be the party at fault, it would be Watford.

Thirdly, the Premier League actioned the transfer upon production of all documentation. Had there been any problems, surely they should have mentioned that 5 months ago? The Blades & Watford official sites both stated why Kabba wouldn't be playing, absolutely no attempt to cover anything up in the slightest (eg West Ham).

Fourthly, this practice has been going on as long as I remember, Andy Cole to Newcastle? Robbie Savage transfer? there have been many many instances.

The journalist who brought it to light was Martin Samuel, the same bloke who printed falsehoods and personal attacks on the Blades following last seasons match with Reading. The same man who had plenty to say on the Tim Howard affair has suddenly changed his tune when it comes to desperately backing his club West Ham's corner.

Another story with the same effect last week was the claims that Jon Stead had been playing illegally as he'd been at 3 clubs in the season. Part of this is true, he'd played for 3 clubs, but only two had held his registration (in that he was only on loan at Derby) and therefore was completely within the rules. This one got less column inches as the fat beardo didn't splash it across the back of the News of the World.

The other issue I have with the bearded one and the Premier League is....

A couple of weeks ago, James Sheild from the Sheffield Star (a cockney himself and far from a blades fan), took a list of signatures supporting the blades case (many fans of different clubs included) and some submitted evidence to the Premier League offices. He politely wanted to purely drop it off for the viewing of the relevant parties, but was refused entry to the building and not allowed to submit said articles.

Mr Samual, spouts some more crap and is instantly listened to by the powers that be!

If the Blades had done wrong over the transfer of Kabba (which we havent), I would like to see us punished accordingly. This however would mean equality across the board, with every other club guilty of the same "offense" punished exactly the same way. Take 3 points from the game where Kabs didn't play, but I think Mr Tevez had a slightly bigger impact in far more matches than just the one!

What many people are forgetting with the venom infested attacks upon the Blades, is that we arent the ones who have cheated and that our fight is with the Premier League and not West Ham. I run an unofficial Blades site and have recieved many pathetic messages from West Ham fans saying that they hope McCabe dies. Mr McCabe for the record, has stated that his fight isn't with West Ham and that they are a great club with great fans, but havent been punished correctly in accordance with the laws of the game and fair play for their wrong doings.

Quote Originally Posted by Junglist View Post
    All this bollox as well about "Perhaps we could both stay up in a 21 team Premiership", if anything it would be more appropriate if they both got relegated, but its not right Sheffield are piggy backing this so much.
    The 21 team idea came from a legal advisor. Why isn't it right that we feel aggreived that we are relegated by a goal when a team who havent played by the rules have stayed up?

We all admit we should have stayed up by our own means, that doesn't however make West Ham staying up by cheating okay!
    Last edited by foxy11; 19th June 2007 at 08:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast