Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Flat screen split TV

This weekend i saw an awesome TV/moniter.

It was in an estate agents window. They had this husge tv 50-60" split into 4 screens. There was Sky news and BBC news with thier individual sub titles and two scrolling adverts going through thier properties.

I cannot afford anything like this (i am sure) but i was keen to try and find out what kind of price mark these things fall into.

I woudl love nothgin more than to be bale to satisfy the missus with her TV, i can play my concoles and listen to that through the amp with my headphones and have the PC dual screen set up as well.

I went into Richer Sounds (normally very helpful and good) and in short they said i must be mistaken.

Also been into Comet, they thought i was made, they just seemed to get stuck on the fact the two TV channels had invidual text though, two different sky/tv boxes surely?

Location was london, i was driving from Canary wharf to Earls court. I saw this near earls court after i was trying for a shortcut/alternative route.

SO in short, what are these beasts (no branding on it) and what bracket are these priced (all be it a pipe dream).

Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Flat screen split TV

Most big screens will allow Picture in picture like this. My 42" panny allows two split screen but when you get above the 50" they tend to allow more.

The other thing they may have been doing is running it through a video processing box and just outputting a single display.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep I use the 2 screen split on my 42" panny upstairs so the kids can play on the xbox whilst I watch Sky!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive never seen a set capable of showing 4 different feeds at once, i would imagine to do so it would need 4 tuners, if it was showing 4 tv channels.
    Most modern screens allow a split screen tho, some have a vareity of options for how the image is divided.
    Mine doesnt tho! I had the idea to set up a PC with a webcam on top of the tv and have that fed as a 1/4 of the screen, then use it while we play on the wii, to capture our "concentration face"

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am heading out that way again tomorrow. I am in a rush this time around, but if i try a new route ant notice it i will endevour to jump out.

I assumed they had two sky boxes (}or one skey and one freeview) and two moniter inputs and went form thier on the TV options. But perhaps it is somethign more techie liek this box merntioned above.

Shame, i woudl save up for a lot longer if i knew i coudl source somethign like this!

Cheers......Q