27 52.94%
  • Neither Good Or Bad

9 17.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Poll Tony Blair Good Bye Or Good Riddance

Well Mr Blair is now packing his bags as we speak and is off to meet the Queen at dinnertime. Has his time in charge being an overall good thing or do you think he has done a bad job. the Choice is yours

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tony Blair Good Bye Or Good Riddance

I find it hard to say it's good he's going when I know who's in line to come in.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by headsortails View Post
    I find it hard to say it's good he's going when I know who's in line to come in.
    Agreed.

Also putting a chancellor who has implemented loads of stealth taxes as he has as PM is the kiss of death for any political party. Plus the fact that we as the British public have had zero say in his appointment is nothing short of criminal.

I can't wait for the next election to kick this lot out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good Riddance Shut The Door On The Wayout nuff said

Thanks
    Karma Level

Goodbye and good riddance, the cult of personality shouldn't cloud peoples judgement that he was a smarmy liar who ignored the wish and will of millions of Britons and took us into an illegal war. WMD/45 minutes to armegeddon etc.. was nothing more than a smokescreen that will haunt him to his grave. If there was any justice Blair would be leaving Number 10 in handcuffs with his Attorney General Goldsmith closely following behind.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good riddance to the lying cunt. The guy coming in is no better, but a change is always good, and at least Brown only has a couple of years at the most.

Blair will be remembered as a liar, a poodle to the US, someone who's time in charge has seen house prices move beyond the ability of people to pay, schools close, hospitals close, the country become a virtual big brother state, people taken from their homes and imprisoned for months with no evidence, the cost of living spiral out of control, spin spin and more spin.

So am I pleased to see him going? You bet your fucking last dollar I am!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Goodbye and good riddance, the cult of personality shouldn't cloud peoples judgement that he was a smarmy liar who ignored the wish and will of millions of Britons and took us into an illegal war. WMD/45 minutes to armegeddon etc.. was nothing more than a smokescreen that will haunt him to his grave. If there was any justice Blair would be leaving Number 10 in handcuffs with his Attorney General Goldsmith closely following behind.
    Spot on mate. I think too many people are still ignorant to the lies he told to our nation and the illegality of the Iraq war. I only hope that the media brings this back to the publics attention when the general election comes round.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 27th June 2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Didn't spell ignorant properly lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoBanga View Post

I can't wait for the next election to kick this lot out.
    dont you remember how bad the last lot were ???

Thanks
    Karma Level

His decision to go to war was unforgivable. That aside I think he was a good Prime Minister.

Brown has been a good Chancellor too, his fiscal policies have been very prudent and the economy has been very stable for the last decade. You can't ask for any more than that from a chancellor.

I vividly remember the late 80's with 15% interest rates, negative equity and record repossessions under the Tories.

Brown is a little dour and uninspiring but I'd much rather put my trust in him than that cunt Cameron.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You lot dont remember Maggie
    Killer interest rates
    Didnt give a shit for the unemployed (get on your bike and find a Job)
    Sold off The countrys assets and the only people who did well were the rich
    Buy buy food after its sell by date if you cant afford the in date

So hes not that bad

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    dont you remember how bad the last lot were ???
    But correct me if I'm wrong (and political history isn't my strong point) didn't the 2 Labour pm's in the 70's (previous to the Tories in the 80's)Wilson and Callaghan oversee an industrial depression? They had their faults too.

"The 1970s proved to be a very difficult time for the Heath, Wilson and Callaghan administrations. Faced with a mishandled oil crisis, a consequent world-wide economic downturn, and a badly suffering British economy, governments took an interventionist approach, and companies such as British Leyland were nationalised. Pressure on sterling compounded these problems, and by the middle of the decade 1½ million people were unemployed in the United Kingdom — a previously unthinkable figure."

Personally I think it's better for us all, for there to be a change in governing parties every decade. Punishment for criminals is laughable in this country, to the point where kids are running around doing exactly what they like and decent citizens live in fear of (a) their own safety (b) their own liberty if they have the balls to intervene. Immigration is fucked and the health service is a complete joke. My wife was telling me last night about an employee at their company who has TB. He was initially told 2 weeks for his test results to see if it was active (which would kill him), that went to 4 weeks then 9 and he's still waiting now.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 27th June 2007 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    I vividly remember the late 80's with 15% interest rates, negative equity and record repossessions under the Tories
    If you look at both the Conservatives and Labour through 1980's spectacles you really are seeing the worst of both parties. Following their 1979 defeat, Labour completely imploded with some of their brightest members setting off to form the SDP and the detritus staying on under the leadership of the amiable but intellectually lightweight Neil Kinnock. Under Kinnock Labour were so bad that they suffered two of the heaviest landslide defeats in their history and were, quite literally "unelectable". So given all that I think the conservatives could be forgiven their boom and bust economic policies. But looking ahead I really do believe we're in different times and with interest rates ceded to the Bank of England I don't think the tories will be repeating those mistakes again.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Blair double thumbs up for the guy as far as im concerned i mean look at our recent past prime ministers.
    Margaret Thatcher?
    John Major?

Would you prefer those too?? Or Neil Kinnock?

Stop going on about the war you fucking hippies we only lost like 300 guys in recent years in Iraq doesnt anybody remember the first Iraq war? or the Falklands Illegal or not were getting the benifits with free Oil anybody who thinks its to do with anything else is a fool.
    Last edited by FireBlade; 27th June 2007 at 12:14 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post

Stop going on about the war you fucking hippies we only lost like 300 guys
    I think we were sparing a thought for the people of Iraq too.

Anyway FB, you don't even live in England do you?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Overall I think he has done a good job.
    Ok the war in Iraq maybe classed as illegal, but Sadam had to go. If George Bush Snr had, had the balls in the 90's it would not be an issue.
    It does surprise me how quick people are to forget, the Tories where complete corrupt, cheating bastards and they needed to go.
    I'm just pissed off that we have no say in our new PM!
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    I think we were sparing a thought for the people of Iraq too.

Anyway FB, you don't even live in England do you?
    Since when did anyody give a shit about people in warzones??
    Never heard a peep from any of you about Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Kosovo, Chad, Sri Lanka etc.

Only in the last few years have people pretended to give a shit about war yea maybe only when it effects them but hundreds of thousands of people have been murdered in Africa but that never gets mentioned. So Bush and Blair went to war so fucking what?

How does the War in Iraq and Afganistan effect you each day?? It doesnt effect any of you in any way apart from people in the forces who get paid for what they do Im more bothered about crime in our streets petrol/beer/fags prices etc etc.

Yep I lived in the uk for 30 years then chose to get a job elsewhere as it pays better I am still a British Citizen if that makes any difference to my opinion about this stuff which im not sure does hehe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    If you look at both the Conservatives and Labour through 1980's spectacles you really are seeing the worst of both parties. Following their 1979 defeat, Labour completely imploded with some of their brightest members setting off to form the SDP and the detritus staying on under the leadership of the amiable but intellectually lightweight Neil Kinnock. Under Kinnock Labour were so bad that they suffered two of the heaviest landslide defeats in their history and were, quite literally "unelectable". So given all that I think the conservatives could be forgiven their boom and bust economic policies. But looking ahead I really do believe we're in different times and with interest rates ceded to the Bank of England I don't think the tories will be repeating those mistakes again.
    Labour were unelectable in the 80's, I fully agree. But that doesn't excuse the Thatcherite policies of greed we witnessed throughout the 80's and early 90's. The lucky fuckers who did well during that time are few and far between, certainly where I come from. We're largely a region of mining communities so I don't have to explain what kind of impact Thatcher had on our lives.

While dismantling an industry she also devasated communities and turned friend against friend. Scargill is far from blameless too, but Thatcher's ruthlessness knew no bounds and I'll be the first to celebrate when that fucking slut finally pegs it.

I'll never forgive the Tories for that decade, nor should any working man with an ounce of self respect.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
    Yep I lived in the uk for 30 years then chose to get a job elsewhere as it pays better I am still a British Citizen if that makes any difference to my opinion about this stuff which im not sure does hehe.
    Not in the slightest mate, my insinuation was more along the lines of "you don't have to put up with this shit like we do"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tombott View Post
    It does surprise me how quick people are to forget, the Tories where complete corrupt, cheating bastards and they needed to go
    • Cash for honours
    • Massaged Intelligence reports
    • Prescott affair
    • Ron Davies on Clapham common
    • Robin cook affair
    • Death of David Kelley
    • Hinuja Brothers and Peter Mandelson
    • Tessa Jowell and Jowellgate
    • David Blunkett multiple resignations
    etc.. etc..
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good Riddance, this country is a complete joke

going to get worse before it gets any better with charismatic Gordon in charge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast