Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Doherty escapes drugs jail term

Again he walks... cnut. One day twat, one day big boys are going to have your useless arse for breakfast, lunch and Dinner.

The singer Pete Doherty has escaped jail after a judge decided to defer sentencing him for drugs offences on condition he goes into rehab.

Doherty earlier pleaded guilty to possessing crack coca1ne and heroin at West London Magistrates' Court.
    He was warned by Judge Davinder Lachhar that he would go into custody if he failed to take up a place he was offered on a detox programme.
    Doherty, 28, pleaded guilty to four counts of possessing illegal drugs. <!-- E SF -->
    As well as crack coca1ne and heroine, he also pleaded guilty to possessing quantities of cannabis and ketamine as well as to two driving offences.
    Last chance
    Earlier, a warrant was issued for his arrest because he was more than two hours late for his hearing.
    But the singer finally arrived and waded through a crowd of photographers into the court house.
    At court the judge told him: "If you go to this place to have detox and take advantage of it then we will see what sentence is appropriate when you next come."
    "But if you do not I can tell you now that you will go into custody."
    He was charged after he was stopped in a car by officers in Kensington High Street, west London, on 5 May. Doherty has appeared in court on a number of drug offences over the past nine months and was praised in April by District Judge Jane McIvor at Thames Magistrates' Court for "more than co-operating" in his struggle to beat his addiction to illegal substances.

>>Source<<
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Doherty escapes drugs jail term

Every time they let him off sends another message, and that is "hey Pete, ignore the law, it matters not one bit, you're famous, you'll get off".

Thanks
    Karma Level

What can I say..... FFS Let off again....Absolute disgrace.... I doubt I`d get let off for the same offences.

Its about time this country booted the Judges we have out & let the People decide sentences..

Thanks
    Karma Level

TBH ..he is an easy target for the police they know that will get an arrest so he is a walking target
    none needed

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trixerbell View Post
    TBH ..he is an easy target for the police they know that will get an arrest so he is a walking target
    Anyone with 'form' is walking target and rightly so, I hope the police stop and search every known burglar when they get seen etc. Just bugs me when 'famous' icons to our younger generation see what the likes this waste of space gets up to... and away with.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It takes the piss really, but then celeb's tend to get away with murder...

I won't mention a famous ex Pro American Football player....
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yep all the celebs seem to get away with all the crimes, if it was you or i then we would be banged up

Opti

Quote Originally Posted by stevie2001 View Post
    Its about time this country booted the Judges we have out & let the People decide sentences..
    Couldn't agree more, there should be some sort of prime time show with text voting.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Saw him on Seven Ages of Rock the other night, looked really greasy & pob-like with the cheeks & mouth.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

What did Kate ever see in him??
    I'm not bitter just twisted

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by garthjt View Post
    What did Kate ever see in him??
    I'm not bitter just twisted
    I doubt she could "see" him through the drug induced haze! Lets face it, they have loads in common, useless twats!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

It`s only a matter of time til he OD`s...
    Give him enough rope and he`ll hang himself...doing a spot of Bird would prob do him the world of good!!
    he could have the world at his feet, but finds it more fun to stick a needle in his arm/leg/nutsack, or where ever a vein has`nt collapsed..
    He has some talent, and a woman who loves him and clearly wants to stick by him,but it seems all he wants to do is piss his life away..
    The MUG!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

he wasn't ever gonna get sent down in the first place. no one gets a custodial sentence for posession nowadays. he had a small amount for personal use. even dealers aren't getting put away anymore coz there's no room inside.

a mate's neighbour got done with an ounce of coke, 2000 pills, 9 ounce of speed, 6 9-ounce bars of hash and £5,000 cash... he walked with two years suspended.

it's only coz pete's high profile and because a lot of people don't like him that they want to see an example made of him. most rock stars abuse drugs, just he's an addict because it's smack... he has to buy them to function normally... the police only have to follow him for so long before he'll have to visit his dealer... the cops should be concentrating on busting the guys he buys them off not picking him up every time to increase their 'drug arrests' figures.

i do think he should have been put away for his erratic drug driving incedents though... he's a fuckin idiot for that...
    Last edited by Mr.James; 7th July 2007 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post

it's only coz pete's high profile and because a lot of people don't like him that they want to see an example made of him. most rock stars abuse drugs, just he's an addict because it's smack... he has to buy them to function normally...
    It's the fact that he is 'high profile' which makes me feel he should get time for things like this.... his sort are such an influence on a lot of kids and some of them look up to them and want to emulate the whole life style/attitude of a 'star'; they think these people are what life is really about... and sometimes they end up dead. Blame the parents for failing their kids if you want... but I also blame idiots like Doherty for compounding a sometimes confusing teenage life.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default u

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    It's the fact that he is 'high profile' which makes me feel he should get time for things like this.... his sort are such an influence on a lot of kids and some of them look up to them and want to emulate the whole life style/attitude of a 'star'; they think these people are what life is really about... and sometimes they end up dead. Blame the parents for failing their kids if you want... but I also blame idiots like Doherty for compounding a sometimes confusing teenage life.
    i think you're basing your judgement on his 'papperazi persona'. people who would be influenced by him would actually read watch or interviews where he admits he's a fucked up junkie and he has a wretched life which no one else should envy. he hopes people see him as a walking advert for not doing drugs. he's not proud of it but it's the papers that make his 'personality' known to the masses. if you watch any interviews with him he's nothing like how he's portrayed by the papers.

it's the media that is 'sensationalising' his drug addiction. he shouldn't be punished more harshly just because the media sells more papers reporting the bad aspects of his life.

he also shouldn't get off lightly because of his celebrity status. in the days before he was known to the masses he did time for nicking a bandmate's video recorder. nowadays they let him off for drug driving because he is famous. it's fucked up. sending addicts to jail doesn't do anyone any good. sending down dangerous drivers does...

Thanks
    Karma Level

If having a wretched life meant having £££££££ and a super model hanging off your cock then sign me up.

Personally I think he needs to do time, he is a fucking prat. A lot of kids won't read about him, they will see models on his arm and a wad full of cash with a famous band, he is a terrible influence on youth and with drink/drug driving adding up jail is the only sensible option IMO. Show kids that living 'the life' has consequeces rich and poor.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by stevie2001 View Post
    Good God no, since when have 'the people' been capable of making any kind of decision?

'the people' are stupid.
    All sweeping statements are wrong.

Opti

Quote Originally Posted by Cenus_ View Post
    Good God no, since when have 'the people' been capable of making any kind of decision?

'the people' are stupid.
    I think they call it democracy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Opti View Post
    I think they call it democracy
    Yes but you require a leader to implement the best solution to the problem at hand that has been voted for / debated.

Anyway, Democracy is a fancy notion and should be banned. Imperialism is where its at.

Disclaimer: been back on the westons vintage tonight so possilby complete nonsense

Edit:: also, that doherty waster should be given a few months custody...FS how many time now he been let off for the same fucking thing, lock him up for a few months.
    Last edited by richie-rich; 9th July 2007 at 12:34 AM. Reason: forgot about that nobber / the topic ;)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why does this wanker keep being let off? what kind of msg is it sending to society?
    A good arse rapeing in the shower of Wormwood scrubs thats what the twat needs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast