Close

Thread: British Gas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default British Gas

Good lord, this company truly is a complete shower of shite.

Months it takes me to sort out my online accounts, and as soon as it is finally done...they update their website and screw it up again.

None of the call centre staff seem to have responsibility for actioning your issues - they always pass you onto someone else, where you have to explain the entire issue all over again.

I've made many calls, and each time someone promises me the problem will be sorted, and it's just never done. I just spoke to one guy (after getting put through to 3 other people first), and he was trying to fob me off with all these bullshit reasons for why they didn't owe me money....when they so obviously did.

Sorry if anybody here works for British Gas...but I have never known customer serviceto be so ridiculously bad...

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: British Gas

its the worst company there is for supply , they 'erronously' transfered (there words not mine)me then charged me while i was also paying somebody else .. i mean surely they could see that itwasnt there stuff in my pipes! stupid buggers took months to sort out and they were stroppy bout it ... you should seethe British Gas men run from my door now when i start on them
    none needed

Thanks
    Karma Level

an erroneous transfer (e/t) is where there is a mix up with MPAN (electric unique number to your house) or MPR (gas unique number)

so they might have wanted

Mr Smith
    1 High St
    Anytown
    MPAN 1234567890123

but actually registered
    MPAN 1234567890321
    which belongs to
    Mr Jones
    2 High St
    Anytown

Both parties are unaware until the bills start comming in. Its actually really easy to sort out. Easy way to get anything sorted out is via Energywatch (regulator) the companies shit themselves when you mention it (there are leagues between the suppliers based on e/w complaints)

There is also an ombudsman now who, after 13 weeks of an issue not being sorted can "fine" the companies up to £2.5k per customer and the customer gets the ££

Might want to check up on that tho as its reletivly new (and supprisingly not advertised eh!!)

THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you have any problems with your energy supply, you should refer to

www.energywatch.org.uk

If you cant find the answer there refer to :

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Pages/OfgemHome.aspx

both regulatory bodies of the Gas and Electricty market, worth a read as they give you a lot of information that your gas/electricity supplier wont
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

British Gas are a shower of shit. Haven't been with them for around 5 years now because of their shit service!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRookie View Post
    pm me ur postcode and house number and might be able to help

THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

Heh. I've just transferred my supply to them, as I've been having a torrid time with NPower.

Hope I have better luck than you peeps!
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

I`ve been with several companies, Virgin and npower were the worst, I`m back with British gas now and couldn`t be happier.

Thanks
    Karma Level

best advice I can give............... whatever area you live in stick with the parent elec IE Midlands = Npower .... London = EDF ... Liverpool = Manweb (ScottishPower)

for the gas stick with BG.......... think about it........ b4 deregulation in 1998 all these companies had stable systems to deal with their "default" customers.... since dereg all companies had to prove to the regulator that they could deal with "non default" customers........ it was a con to get the licience to trade.......... most compaines actually couldnt deal with it.

I for one was building lotus approach databases to deal with customers FFS its a multi-million pound industry !

THE BARON

Opti

I tried to go back to British Gas recently after the service I recieved from Swalec was less than inspiring.
    (I signed up for a 5 year *fixed* price scheme with Atlantic, Swalec took them over, put up the price and then blocked any attempts to transfer, as i was in a contract!)

The mong I ended up speaking to when I phoned BG, I assume it was an overseas call centre, was such hard work and generally unknowledgable that I decided to stay put.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol...the incompetence of this company never ceases to amaze me. Basically my direct debits are too high, and I'm getting further and further in credit every month.

So I call up and ask to reduce my debits to a reasonable level. Lady tells me there is nothing she can do, as the system automates it.

I point out that I'm paying too much to BG, and that I want it back - she tells me that after a while, I'll get refunded the amount I am in credit, and asked me to leave it 6 months.

I protest, saying that I want this money in my bank account, and not in BG's so they can earn interest on my cash.....

"Sorry sir, there's nothing I can do."

All she could suggest was to cancel my direct debits and get myself set up on quarterly billing. But then I lose my direct debit discount don't I dear??!

I don't blame her, she's obviously just using the shitty systems that are in place, and towing the company line.

Truly the most appaling company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Opti

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    lol...the incompetence of this company never ceases to amaze me. Basically my direct debits are too high, and I'm getting further and further in credit every month.
    I found myself £400 in credit once after a long series of estimated bill readings.

I demanded it back. They said they would reduce my monthly payments as I was on the budget plan and look at it again in 12 months.

Needless to say I said look here, you have £400 of my money and I want it back.
    I got it but was not allowed on the budget plan after that, as I was refusing to operate by its terms.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have the homecare thingy for my boiler and pipes and shit, i am due the 12 month check up so they phone me to arrange, all going well until i tell them i cant have a visit during the week as i work, so the tool on the other end tells me i have to phone them to arrange a weekend visit????!!!!!

i ask why he cant do it and he tells me that his system is onyl for weekday visits and he cannot book weekend calls! then he proceeds to tell me he cannot transfer me because the system doesnt allow transfers!!

i hung up at this point and i receive a letter today tellin me that i need to phoen them to arrange the appointment! surely it would be quicker to get the "weekend" department to call me!

assclowns the lot of them!