Close

Thread: $ky Plus

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default $ky Plus

I have just moved to a new house taking my existing box. I was just wondering whether in the back of your box where there are two input sockets for your sky dish whether you need to have cables plugged into both of them or just one? At the mo I have only one cable plugged in and I am unable to record anything unless my box is set to to standby i.e. it cannot record whilst watching another program at the same time. Any ideas will be much appreciated!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: $ky Plus

you need both inputs (from a dual or quad lnb) to be able to do anything other that what you just stated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can watch a programme you have record and record another as long as you start recording first.

sometimes if the box is off you can record different channels one after another but very rarely.

you need the two cables to be honest mate.
    If you had to walk a thousand miles, who's shoes would you wear?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jonah292 View Post
    I have just moved to a new house taking my existing box. I was just wondering whether in the back of your box where there are two input sockets for your sky dish whether you need to have cables plugged into both of them or just one? At the mo I have only one cable plugged in and I am unable to record anything unless my box is set to to standby i.e. it cannot record whilst watching another program at the same time. Any ideas will be much appreciated!
    Sky will do it for £40......but if you complain enough or threaten to cancel they will sometimes do it free!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Technically you'd be able to do it yourself though if you got the correct cable and connections for the dish and the box? It'd just be like installing a tv cable wouldn't it?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Indeed its just a matter of swapping the LNB for a quad and running an extra cable.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    Indeed its just a matter of swapping the LNB for a quad and running an extra cable.
    Sorry your gonna have to explain that to me in simpler terms if thats alright! Does anyone know what the socket on the sky dish is like? Are all sky dishs able to take two cables?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

No problem.

On the dish there is the round bit at the end of the arm which the cable connects to this is the LNB.

On a normal sky dish it has 1 connection, you need to swap it for an LNB with either 2, or normally 4 connections, then run a new cable from the LNB to the receiver.

The connections on both ends are the same....ie... "F" type connectors.
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

No problem.

On the dish there is the round bit at the end of the arm which the cable connects to this is the LNB.

On a normal sky dish it has 1 connection, you need to swap it for an LNB with either 2, or normally 4 connections, then run a new cable from the LNB to the receiver.

The connections on both ends are the same....ie... "F" type connectors.
    So if you've got a sky dish that has never had a $ky plus box before you've have to put a LNB with more connections as by default it will only come with one connection?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Correct!
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Correct!
    And $ky would not be aware you've changed the LNB? All i'm thinking is that technically you could have multiroom without them knowing about it if you had a spare box and card that were configured to work together?

Just so I know what I buying, something along the lines of http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKY-SKY-HIGH-D...QQcmdZViewItem ??

Social Networking Bookmarks