An interesting read, scum in there 9 times no less
    Come on the Toon

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Worst signings list

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2096584.ece

An interesting read, scum in there 9 times no less

Aye but it's premier league signings so all your lemons don't count when you wee outside the elite

Also a link to this was posted on NUFC.com about 2-3 weeks ago - where have you been hiding?
    Cheers - Coin-Op

Thanks
    Karma Level

Where's Winston Bogarde? 11 games in 4 years and 40 grand a week.

His career at Chelsea is notable because, only weeks after signing his contract with the club, the newly-appointed manager Claudio Ranieri wanted him to leave. According to Bogarde it would be next to impossible to find a team that would offer him a contract comparable to the one he had at Chelsea with reference to his biography Deze Neger Buigt Voor Niemand (This Negro Bows for No One), he was astounded at the salary Chelsea had agreed on since it is a fact that his value has depreciated severely due to lack of first-team action. Bogarde decided to stay at Chelsea honouring his contract to the letter (as he could not get a similar salary anwhere else), as a result Bogarde played only sparingly for Chelsea again. In the end, he only appeared eleven times during his four-year contract, reportedly earning £40,000 a week during this period. Worse still, Chelsea won a domestic trophy during this period triggering a bonus payment in agreement with his contract, despite Bogarde not featuring at all for Chelsea that season. His contract ended in 2004.

During his period at Chelsea, they repeated tried to offload him because of his inflated wages, then when there were no takers, Chelsea demoted him to their reserves and youth team in an effort to force Bogarde to leave, however, he stuck to his contract, turning up every day and attending whatever training he was assigned to. Bogarde claims to have be placed in suspiciously comprimising situations involving drugs (Similar to what happened with Chelsea players Mark Bosnich and Adrian Mutu), soon after he refused to leave Chelsea or sign a new contract for a reduced wage. Bogarde then became a figure of ridicule in the English press for his alleged selfishness.

On November 8, 2005, he announced his retirement from professional football, having failed to reach an agreement with a club since leaving Chelsea. Bogarde was capped twenty times for the Dutch national team and appeared in the 1998 World Cup in France.
    Or Souness pleb-up loan deal for Ali Dia:

Ali Dia was a 30-year-old Senegalese player. He had tried out for two second division and two first division clubs, but hadn't made the cut in any of them. Then someone called Graeme Souness, Southampton's manager, claiming to be George Weah of AC Milan, World Footballer of the Year. The fake Weah highly recommended Dia, so Souness signed him on. Dia debuted with Southampton on November 23, 1996 in a game against Leeds. He substituted for Matthew Le Tissier, but after 53 minutes on the field Souness decided that he was so bad that he substituted Dia out (and managers almost never substitute a substitute) and put on a defender as an emergency striker. Leeds won the game 2-0. Dia later was quoted as saying, "I've been made to look a con man. It's not true. I do know George Weah, but I'm certainly not his best mate. I employed an agent when I came to England and he is the con man. He must have been calling all these clubs pretending to be George." Dia went on to play for Gateshead.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by coin-op View Post

Also a link to this was posted on NUFC.com about 2-3 weeks ago - where have you been hiding?
    Sorry mate i dont frequent such awful places, i would need a damn good wash if i ever visited a site like that
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    Sorry mate i dont frequent such awful places, i would need a damn good wash if i ever visited a site like that

I know you wouldn't visit (you'd get turfed out by the door staff for being unclean )

What i meant was it was old news - you haven't been on much lately either - hence the question.
    Cheers - Coin-Op

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ahhh ive been busy mate, all my uni work is now in and passed so im now available for the abuse of the new season
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

41 Francis Jeffers, Everton to Arsenal, £8m, June 2001

Signed as Arsene Wenger’s “fox in the box”, he was sold as a donkey in the box at a loss of £5.4m.

LMAO!

DJ OD