Close

Thread: IPhone

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info IPhone

Hey all, does any have an idea when the Iphone will be relesed in the U.K and pre-order dates, been having a good old look on the net and all i can find is that it could be out at christmas sometime but i really want to kno when.
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."........oh and no one told me that.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: IPhone

The iPhone will launch in Europe in the fourth quarter of this year, Apple has announced. This is slightly later than some of its partners had suggested.

After announcing the company's third-quarter results, Apple chief financial officer Peter Oppenheimer said the European iPhone partners would be revealed later this quarter.

He also revealed the scale of the iPhone's success in the US, claiming 270,000 iPhones were sold during the first 30 hours the handset was on sale. During a question and answer session with analysts following Peter Oppenheimer's statement, Apple COO Tim Cook said that AT&T reported selling more iPhones during the first weekend than it had sold in a month of any other wireless device in its history.

Meanwhile, Apple CEO Steve Jobs said Apple expects to sell its one millionth iPhone by the end of its fourth quarter - the first full quarter of iPhone sales. By comparison, it took Apple seven quarters to sell its first million iPods.

However, the iPhone launch hasn't been entirely trouble-free. Oppenheimer acknowledged the iPhone activation woes experienced by some buyers during the first week the iPhone was available. He said AT&T has corrected "the most common cause" of those problems, and since the, iPhone customers hadn't had many problems getting their iPhones to work.

In addition, the first iPhone hack has already been identified by security researchers.
    You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be all right!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well im starting a new job on the 4th september where i will be working on the Apple help desk for the iPhone, so im guessing it will be out around a week or 2 after that date (i start my training on the 4th) But dont quote me on that

So hopefully ill be all clued up on the iPhone and will be able to offer some help to DF members who have purchased the iPhone. And hopefully ill get one myself

I know nothing more about this, will find out more when i start the job, so please no PM's or anything about this till after then.

Cheers
    Scottio

http://scottio-productions.co.uk/
    XBL : Scottio200 :: PS3 PSN-ID : Scottio200 :: Twitter ID : Scottio200

Thanks
    Karma Level

The rumor and suggestion ive found (mostly from Engadget and MediaGuardian) suggest that O2 will be the official partner in the UK gearing up for a late November pre christmas launch. Other partners seem to have been signed up on foreign shores but the o2 story seems the most consistent on the net of late. Nothing on pricing etc as nothing firm to go on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

alternatively you could keep a look out for the chinese clone thats coming

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

I want one so bad!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't use mp3's as ringtones?! No video output?!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/wha...ave-272571.php

Bah. They can whistle. Shite phone...

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah i want one so much.

Im sure you can use mp3s as ringtones, on youtube there is a video of how to do it and some firmware is needed. tbh, i think some ppl underestimate the how much tech is in this device, yeah it lacks some features that you might find on a normal phone but underneath its brushed aluminium skin its a true mp3 player with some other features thrown in.
    Also its been out what about 4 months now, like most things im sure there are going to be update after upadates so more things can be on.
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."........oh and no one told me that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Think about it...

They are not going to release their best phone first. They are going to deliberatly cripple it slightly as so they can release the iPhone 2 next year.

I know someone who is getting one from the USA sometime soon in the post, and I'll tell you all about it then, but little things like a non-removeable battery and etc is going to upset people. No GPS will also come as a surprise as people are they're given the impression it has it.

I own an iPod, 80gb 5.5gen, and I really can't see how they are going to sway people like me to buy an iPhone. More hype than fact, they are hoping ppl will buy based on the iPods popularity. As a phone it will be very dated by the time it's released here.

Firmware changes may fix some of the grinds, but how often do other phone manufacturers need major firmware upgrades because the phone is featureless?

Sure they release new firmware to fix bugs etc, but rarely to put in features they "forgot" about.

For those who "want one so bad", why do you want one? What makes you think its so great? The hype, the name, the videos on youtube?

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

The thing is every now and again some new bit of kit comes out that revolutionises the current dull state of products, so the iphone has done it with mobile phones, its the perfect example of how one company goes out on a limb and does something unique and then others follow, i can think of 3 mobiles or "smart devices" that have the same interface design (which came out after) and as the iphone so i think people would be intrigued and therefore maybe want one, dont get me wrong im not a fanboy of ipod/mac, tho i do think there approach is intresting.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't say it's revolutised things yet. I'll admit it probably will inspire much better phones, in the way that say the nokia 5110 did with games and loads of ringtones, but the fact is the nokia 5110 for it's day was amazing. The iPhone is nothing more than a flash pile of shite - kinda reminds me of apple computers, but at least they are competent devices. If an apple mac with it's fancy case and everything could do everything except say word processing and connect to the internet on broadband - you would be one dumb mofo to buy it at full whack. Reason I use that analogy, for simple example, flash product, no text messaging, no gprs. Pile of shite. End of. Anyone whose prepared to pay more than £50 for one, can you please paypal me a grand and I'll send you a thank email in return. For you this must be a good deal as you are obviously a brainless moron who hasn't got an idea about the value of money.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got access to one. Will post more info and pics 2moro ;-).

Trust me, it's shite.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level