Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Intruder dies after row with homeowner

LONDON (Reuters) - An intruder who fell about 30ft from the top-floor of a house after a row with the homeowner has died, police said on Thursday.
    Patrick Walsh, 56, woke to find the suspected burglar in his flat in Chorlton-cum-Hardy in Manchester in the early hours of Monday.
    The pair argued, and the intruder was later found unconscious outside the flat, Greater Manchester police said.
    Walsh, who was arrested on suspicion of assault, was released on police bail pending further inquiries.
    The unnamed 43-year-old intruder later died in hospital.
    The case is expected to revive arguments about the rights of householders to defend themselves against burglars.
    Farmer Tony Martin was jailed for shooting dead a burglar in 1999.

>>Source<<
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Intruder dies after row with homeowner

if someone breaks into your home u should have every power under the sun to defend yourself, regardless of the outcome.

If i ever found someone in mine i know for sure i would keep attacking till he stopped moving, untill that point im still in danger.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Problem is as a nation we sit and take it, as much as we'll have a little moan, it doesn't directly affect us so that is it. The people that make the laws are so removed from reality, they don't understand real world problems. A little riot or two or even more direct action such as people kidnappinng some mp's families and the like is all I can see that would change the situation, but again we'll just moan on the forums and in the pubs as an innocent man gets locked up for manslaughter for defending his property and safety.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whilst i agree that you should have the right to defend your own property i'm not so sure that chucking someone from the 4th floor, if that was the case, comes within those boundaries.

In this case, with no other witnesses, i'm sure he'll say that they struggled and he 'unfortunately' fell. That's what i'd do anyways

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well if someone breaks into your home whilst your kids/wife are sleeping then all bets are off. My home, my rules. Americans have got that right.

These cunts are coming tooled up in case peeps fight back. No time for reasonable force. What is reasonable force? Getting him in an arm lock? Get real and Fuck off. Smash him repeatedly round the head 'til he don't move no more and any risk/threat to your family is gone.
    Last edited by Freddy; 9th August 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So what would you do, restrain him on the floor, get your mobile out to call the old bill (50/50 whether they will even bother coming in a sensible time), meanwhile you get stabbed multiple times by a crackhead, as your attention was on the mobile and one hand tied up as well? Before someone says beat them unconsious, you never know how quickly they will come round. The man who would like to take chances in a situation like this is a much braver/stupider (delete as appropriate) man than I.

All I will say is that it's a real shame the wasn't a giant woodchipping machine that just happened to be there at the spot the cunt fell.

Edit: I was typing whilst insprionx beat me to it - told you someone would say knock them out, but before the next clever clogs says go to get some rope, what happens when you have rope in both hands and he's awake again with a weapon?
    Last edited by Over Carl; 9th August 2007 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

there was another story of some old guy who woke up to find someone in his kitchen and he ended up in hospital, makes you sick.

If i found someone in my house i dunno what id do really, I did suspect there was someone downstairs once and i looked around for something to go tackle him with, the only thing to hand was my 4ft katana, i didnt take it tho, i took the scabbard instead, not that i was scared to use the sword, but i was more scared that id end up having it used on me. Turned out it was the cat on the worktops anyway

Thanks
    Karma Level

If the homeowner say wasn't the best at defending himself and being able to beat him unconcious, then what are you meant to do - push him off a balcony, or just attempt to attack him and leave a giant risk of danger to your family...

If my family are in the house i'm not going to let it lie, or even if its just what i've worked for all my life, i will be prepared to take whatever actions i need.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good fucking riddance, glad the theiving little cunt got it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlover View Post
    Problem is as a nation we sit and take it, as much as we'll have a little moan, it doesn't directly affect us so that is it. The people that make the laws are so removed from reality, they don't understand real world problems. .
    We need more cases of 'Jury Equity' where they stick two fingers up at the law books and find these people not guilty, a prime example R v Owen in 1992, the Owen shot the bloke who had killed is son through careless driving,(the driver only got 1year in prison and continued to drive his lorry despite being banned when he was released) Owen admitted what he had done, but the jury still elected to find him not guilty and some even congratulated him. In cases like these we need more juries to take a stand like this, some people argue that it underminds the rule of law and the foundations of the English Law. I say

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I had some chavs try and get into a property i lived in yonks ago. I heard them from upstairs when they broke the window, i simply pickled up the baseball bat from under my bed sneaked down stairs and this poor cnut was half way through the window. I gave him a tap on the back, fker sh@t himself fell out of the window and did a runner with his mate, Strange how i never got robbed when others in the street got done a few times