Close

Thread: Strange request

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Strange request

I was browsing Deviant yesterday and came across an image i really would consider gettin as a tat, i forgot to save the pic and now i cant find it again

It was like a Yin Yang symbol but with three parts rather than two (if you get what i mean) with some tribal stuff around it.

If any1 has seen it and can point me to it or comes across it when browsing, could they let me know? I would be forever in your debt!

Thanks

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Strange request

cant you check your search history and see where you went to

Thanks
    Karma Level

or have a look in you temp files

Thanks
    Karma Level

"When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right found it now, while im here what do you think of it? Never had a tattoo before but it caught my eye, was thinkin maybe in between my shoulder blades?

http://ic-art.deviantart.com/art/Yin...31241?offset=0
    Last edited by TomCrute; 19th August 2007 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds like a good idea to me m8 and if you like that style its a nice example of it personally id look to put some japanese water and maybe fire behind the centre section spirilling out to about an inch or 2 beyond the ying yang circle not only to fill it out a little but to tie the idea of ying and yang together a bit more (although that design you have has 3??) and to give the ying/yang something to balance with

how big are you going though cos if your going big enough for some detail maybe something with a japanese style could be of interest

either that or id change the centre circle to a true ying and yang but with a lil difference i know this is a tiny picture but it shows what i was meaning

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, its Jin, Yang and Yuan. Apparently in terms of Chi Yin is the inward breath, yang is the outward breath and the Yuan is the 'original chi' or the pause between the inward and outward breath.

I can also find it refered to as a simbol for triality and also a symbol for transsexuality depending on the source. Also had someone refer to it being a symbol for BDSM.

Although i dont like the idea of it being a symbol for that sort of thing i dont know if that will stop me lol

Only thing lookin at the image and the comments on it is sum1 mentioned the gaps between lines not bein big enough and the potential for the lines to bleed into each other over time. Is this something i need to seriously think about? Is it something i would discuss with the artist i went to?

Also i am conscious of the choice of artist affecting the quality of work. Although its a simple design i would obviously want it to be as good as possible. Are there specific things i should be looking for?

A further thing which i may not have for this tattoo but would like at some point. Ive been looking at UV inks. I have seen some tats done with it which are invisible unless under blacklight. Then i have seen others which are scarred in the shape of the tat. Some info seems to state that a tat shouldnt scar if done properly. Is this true?

Sorry for all the questions but obviously this isnt the sort of thing i want to go into without knowing all i can.

Thanks in advance.