Ok, we have an intranet at work.

We have job numbers. I can click on a job number to then view all my contact and drawn infromation (architect based) for the job.

When i issue a drawing, i need to do an electrical print (.dwf) and put is in a certain fiolder, for the issue system (link off intranet) to pick it up and recognise it.

This system also tracks our issues through e-mail (any issue infact) as the issue sheets and infromation are done through this.

How has this been created, is this simple intranet programming? Or is it somehhing more sofisticated and serious?

When we issue something, it is locked in (i am being told) i had an issue cancelled and not it keep e-mailing me to remind me to do it. If i do it will appear in the system, yet the infromation was never sent.

I am looking for some heads up as i feel IT are fobbing me off. I was lead to believe from a conversation (friend) that at worst it woudl need to be completed then the entry removed by it as it will be a string of text linking everythign together. A simple addition coudl be added to remove this entry.

Server is 2003, all XP work stations.

Cheers.....Q