Close

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

News Boy, 11, is shot dead in car park

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Boy, 11, is shot dead in car park

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S SF -->An 11-year-boy has died after being shot in the head in the Croxteth area of Liverpool, police said.
    The incident happened shortly after 1930 BST in the car park of the Fir Tree public house.
    The boy was rushed to Alder Hey Hospital but police later confirmed that he had died. Officers are at the scene and police are treating the shooting as a major incident. <!-- E SF --><!-- E BO -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6959562.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Boy, 11, is shot dead in car park

Doesn't surprise me. Croxteth has a few issues with gangs and what not. Lucky for me I live about 10 miles away.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shocking. All this fucking about with wars in Iraq and terrorists, yet far more CHILDREN are being shot on our streets and we seem unable to do anything about it. 11 years old FFS, absolutely shocking.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Totally fucked up

Thanks
    Karma Level

Streets are getting worse, but 11 thats just arfull think what his parents must be going through, RIP dude.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was driving through Crokky today and not to insult anyone but its a real dump. Only driving past Carcraft i saw two seperate cars get pulled up by the bizzies and the lads driving them looked like they'd kill their mum for their next hit.

Whats shocking is the age of the kids that are getting involved in this kind of thing, they will probably say the lad was a good lad, but the parents don't even know their own kids nowadays, they are usually too busy working, or too busy drinking to give a stuff and the kids spiral out of control.

If it is a true case of mistaken identity then i do pity the boy and his poor family, but if they shot the right kid, then he's no real loss in my eyes. Just another drug taking, drink swigging young gang member less for the decent people to worry about.

They seem to take life without a care these days, its a scary trend that i hoped would not make it out of London, but unfortunately its spreading.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its a crying shame

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad news..what is fuckin happening to this world

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    They seem to take life without a care these days, its a scary trend that i hoped would not make it out of London, but unfortunately its spreading.
    Personally I'd hoped it wouldn't make it out of the US, but then I guess Gang Culture, which surely is at the root of all these issues, is made so attractive when so totally glamourised by the stars these kids look up to - which in itself is only natural. Combine that with the prevalence of drugs in the inner city, and you have yourselve's the makings of proper ghettos, plus the lack of decent parenting (usually, but not exclusively, beginning with an absent father) is another huge contributing factor.

I've said before society is fucked, I can't see anyway back now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

we need to clean up the streets, you know what we need?.........
    Spoiler:

But jokes aside, the future is looking more and more like how films like this one show it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    they will probably say the lad was a good lad, but the parents don't even know their own kids nowadays, they are usually too busy working, or too busy drinking to give a stuff and the kids spiral out of control.

I can guarantee this will happen;

it happens every single fucking time, when do you ever hear them say anything else than "oh my boy was the smartest/greatest, he doesn't normally involve himself in any bad behaviour" and bullshit like this
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen View Post
    I can guarantee this will happen;

it happens every single fucking time, when do you ever hear them say anything else than "oh my boy was the smartest/greatest, he doesn't normally involve himself in any bad behaviour" and bullshit like this
    From my own experience as a parent its very difficult to see anything bad in your own child, and the very nature of being a parent generally means we love them unconditionally. And what parent would want to admit to themselves that actually it was their own fault that their child is dead? I mean FFS, the McCann's don't seem to want to admit that leaving their children alone for hours on end whilst they were out partying is the reason Maddy is dead, so we can hardly expect a parent faced with this to admit their own failings.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck me, I never thought i'd be saying this but, BBK, you are right!

Thanks
    Karma Level

LMAO I know how you feel russ! Agreeing with you here, agreeing with B.I.G in a FOOTBALL discussion .... maybe I'm sick or something

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh ffs, are you lot being serious, the boy was 11 years old. 11 years fucking old. He was coming back from footy training, I don't think he can be that bad. Not saying that he was an angel, but to be shot and killed? LOL come on, some sense pls.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's tragic when there are kids of Primary school age getting killed by other kids, probably on the 'orders' or a dare of an older youth out of aspiration and if all you have to aspire to is an older thug, then the worlds getting madder by the day.

A lot of the problem is the kids/youths have nothing to do or anywhere to go, especially during the summer hols from school, so the bigger youths will prey on the younger ones this time of year more than any other to join gangs, do drugs etc.. I don't know of one single youth club in my area, never see advertising encouraging kids to join a club etc.
    I haven't heard the words 'Youth Club' in more years than I can remember.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally think it's terribly sad that an 11 year old has been murdered. When I was a kid, one on one with fists was the way we did something. If someone got jumped by more than one person or one person was to use tools against another who had just his fists, that was seen as out of order.

These days things have moved along a lot, I've heard people say if they get confronted, they're just gonna stab the guy and run, not worth waiting around to see if others want an honourable fight (which increasingly it seems like it won't happen).

Also the point about what the kids are up to - my parents will tell you I was a great little kid, always stayed out of trouble, worked hard at a private school. They don't and never will know the full truth. At the end of the day, it is rare for a child to let a parent know about all the naughty things they get up to. I'll bet most of us are reading that sentence with a cheeky little grin - but think about it. However, I'll bet whatever happened did not warrant a death in this case.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    It's tragic when there are kids of Primary school age getting killed by other kids, probably on the 'orders' or a dare of an older youth out of aspiration and if all you have to aspire to is an older thug, then the worlds getting madder by the day.
    Sad but true some people do use kids like that.

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    A lot of the problem is the kids/youths have nothing to do or anywhere to go, especially during the summer hols from school, so the bigger youths will prey on the younger ones this time of year more than any other to join gangs, do drugs etc.. I don't know of one single youth club in my area, never see advertising encouraging kids to join a club etc.
    I haven't heard the words 'Youth Club' in more years than I can remember.
    I remember round here, about 10-12 years ago they set up a youth club in the local park in the pavillion. Was good, all of us who hung round the park normally drinking/smoking weed went inside and played pool/darts/computer games, there were decks, pa system, everyone loved it. Even the groups who traditionally had beef just chilled out in there happily.

However it only went on once a week for two weeks, as thats all the council had funding for. The dumb fuckers didn't even charge an entry fee - I'll bet it might have lasted 3-4 weeks if they did, but even that's just pathetic.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the police law enforcement are too busy with the so called War on Terror rather than having poilce presence on the streets...

spend millions on a pointless war in Iraq yet dont spend a penny to take these kids off the street. I blame the politicians for the state of our country and youths.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tam9 View Post
    Oh ffs, are you lot being serious, the boy was 11 years old. 11 years fucking old. He was coming back from footy training, I don't think he can be that bad. Not saying that he was an angel, but to be shot and killed? LOL come on, some sense pls.
    The age is fast becoming irrelevant in todays modern society.

Kids are becoming streetwise younger and younger.

I think if you don't know the facts then none of us are in a position to state whether or not there was any history that could lead up to such a stupid crime being committed.

The big question is WHY did the other lad shoot this kid?

Maybe it was a mistaken ID which means another 11ish year old kid could be running round who is most definitely not an angel and anyone with some common sense should realise that not all 11 year olds ARE angels.

Maybe the victim had antagonised the murderer by simply giving him some back chat or even throwing something at him. No one really knows do they?

However, in defense of your statement, the fact that the kid was "allegedly" coming back from football training would suggest he occupied his time in a more useful manner than that a child yob would do.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast