Close

Thread: halloween

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default halloween

tbh just seemed like he went round killing teenagers who have sex, was lots of boobs about the place. I like the ending slightly better , and it was kinda good to see why he was like he was but i had looked forward to this and it wasnt actaully up to much, i was vey disappointed the orginal had my jumping out of my skin and this was just bloody really, none of the creepy bits. Didnt think much of the camera work either, at times it was hard to see who was hitting who and were people where.
    none needed

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: halloween

I was disappointed with this to be honest... although what should you really expect a remake to be like? ..lol..

The first twenty minutes explained why Michael got to be how he was, which was quite pointless and not necessary in my opinion, they never told you that stuff in the original - so I really didn't see the need to here either! ...

There are plenty of familiar faces in this, Malolm McDowell, Brad Dourif, Bill Forsyth, Dee Wallace, and even Mickey Dolenz ...but that still didn't make it any better! Plus the usual Rob Zombie regulars, His daughter Sheri Moon, Lew Temple, and Sid Haig, which just seem to make his films boring as they are always in them!

I hope they don't let Rob Zombie do any more Halloween films! Devils Rejects is probably his best film to date.

And, I did read that the workprint has a different ending to the cinema release... I highly doubt it will make me like the film any more!

avoid...

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Disappointed too TBH, the film work was obviously that of Zombie, with the usual nudity, sex scenes and weak film. I don't know why but I always have great expectations of him as a director and he always produces a weak film which I also enjoy :s

The acting was pretty poor, especially the role of Michaels psychiatrist or whatever that bloke was

Anyway 2 and 3 sound a bit unfair to me but deffinately not as good as it could and should have been

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This was quite a suprise for me after seeing the abortion that was 'House of 1000 corpses'. It was a great improvement on Rob Zombies previous effort, however I'd still only give it a 4/10.

One of my major gripes with it was that all the violence is implied rather than shown, this can work well in a film, allowing the watcher to produce their own mental image, however with this one I spent half my time wondering who got injured where and with what? Did the person hobbling down the road have a broken leg or a stone in their shoe?