Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

s16 £500 Fruit Machines question

If this is in the wrong section or a banned subject I apologise unreservedly in advance, but here goes.

Everywhere I go now, I'm seeing these £500 Jackpot machines, Reel King Slotto, Little Devil, Cashino, Max A Million, Elvis etc, and they're bloody expensive to play. Considering that they're basically just PC's in cabs, can they or have they been emulated like the standard machines? I've looked and googled everywhere but aren't finding anything other than text threads moaning about how people have lost in them.

Any advice, tips, pointers or heads ups etc greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: s16 £500 Fruit Machines question

theres no real interactive features on these machines you just press and play, the only difference is the stake. A mate of mine won 400 quid on one a couple of months ago on I think Elvis.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wrong section mate, you were better off here but never mind

Fruit machine emulators are about and old fruit machine roms are too but these didn't play exactly like fruit machines because they can all be changed between pub and arcade mode as well as the percentages can be altered.

The machines you speak of aren't emulated anywhere AFAIK and to emulate them without being able to have access to one would be hard.

These machines are literally press and play, no features like proper fruit machines. People stand at these machines for hours pumping money in with the hope that they will win the £500. I have been out of the online fruit machine scene for years so can't say if there are any methods but the companies that make and program these are very clever and any exploits are quickly found and patched.

Hope this is a little informative

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Fruit machine emulators are about and old fruit machine roms are too
    A was searching for something like this a while back, but came to no joy. Have you got any links mate?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I didn't think they could be emulated, but just had to ask. Some are as evilsatan and SiE said just press press press, where quite a few now are coming with random events, Roullette wheels and cash climbs etc. Nothing fantastic but good enough to waste an hour on while ripping shit ready for UseNet on the old PC. What got me asking was yesterday afternoon I nipped into a Silver Coin arcade on the way down to get some blanks from the Neo shop, chucked £8 in a Reel King at £2 a press and won £521

As for my asking about tips, I wasn't after emptier codes or exploits, just links to sims or emus etc, anything else would be just downright naughty

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gantybop View Post
    A was searching for something like this a while back, but came to no joy. Have you got any links mate?
    I believe all the old forums closed down and abandoned doing this, PM me and I will look if I still have the discs full of them that I bought off ebay years back and will send you a copy, if not ebay used to be full of tcollections on disc if you want to pay.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Section 16 Machines are actually Illegal to have in arcades from this Saturday so you wont see em any more. There is a change in legislation that stops them from existing. All section 16 machines are being converted by their operators this week into either normal 50p/£35 fruit machines (Cat C) or £1 / £500 (Cat B3) but none of these games have actually been tested yet because the Cat B3 machines are not allowed in arcades until Saturday so no test data.

Ok Im taking my anorak off now lol

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by madmart22 View Post
    Section 16 Machines are actually Illegal to have in arcades from this Saturday so you wont see em any more. There is a change in legislation that stops them from existing. All section 16 machines are being converted by their operators this week into either normal 50p/£35 fruit machines (Cat C) or £1 / £500 (Cat B3) but none of these games have actually been tested yet because the Cat B3 machines are not allowed in arcades until Saturday so no test data.

Ok Im taking my anorak off now lol
    That's quite interesting mate, are you a veteran or did you work in the industry? Any reason why they are getting banned?

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

its basically because Section 16 fall outside of the current legislation so in the 2005 gambling act these machines are being made illegal. The machines are mega succesfull but the government had no control of how many of these machines the operators could have in their sites. The new version called B3 which has a £500 payout is being limited to 4 per adult gaming centre (AGC). Currently some sites have 50+ of the Section 16 these machines and its seen in the industry as a licence to print money they take so much. So come Saturday the whole arcade industry is in for a rude awakening with machines that arn't proven yet mainly because they can't be tested until Saturday lol

just putting my anorak on again lol

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its basically because Section 16 fall outside of the current legislation so in the 2005 gambling act these machines are being made illegal. The machines are mega succesfull but the government had no control of how many of these machines the operators could have in their sites. The new version called B3 which has a £500 payout is being limited to 4 per adult gaming centre (AGC). Currently some sites have 50+ of the Section 16 these machines and its seen in the industry as a licence to print money they take so much. So come Saturday the whole arcade industry is in for a rude awakening with machines that arn't proven yet mainly because they can't be tested until Saturday lol

just putting my anorak on again lol
    So are you a veteran then or a member of the industry?

I'm sure the manufacturers have tested them well enough prior to their launch on saturday, unfortunately

Thanks
    Karma Level

in the indusry - selling em

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

in the indusry - selling em
    Good to have you on the forum then I see you have had thanks from me and someone else already so great start!

Thanks
    Karma Level

no problemo !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

From Saturday you say? Well at least one of our local Shipleys (Burslem) has two in situ and being played already, one is a Cashino; £1 fixed bet with £500 jackpot and the other is a standard Slotto, multi stake, but whereas before they were 50p and £1/2 a touch, these are 25/50p and £1 max stake. I know 'cos I played on 'em on Tuesday.

The thing is now then, if the stakes are being capped on these cash-cows, and the number of units per arcade limited, how long before the manufacturers drop the stake down so low as to give out a 20 line jackpot of £35 instead of the current £500? You'll start to find that people who wouldn't normally play these video machines will have a dabble on the cheapo version, see how easily you can win on them then move up to the biggies and lose a months mortgage payment in the space of half an hour, lol.

As for some arcades having 50+, we've just had afortnight in Skegness, and every arcade there was crawling with them, I dread to think what the numbers must be like in somewhere ike Blackpool...