Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question just wondering guys?

just wondering what all you guys do for a living?
    me im a builder for my sins.. dont know if it was a wise decision but its a living.
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: just wondering guys?

i'm a full time computing science student, was previously doing computing and maths but i dropped the maths at the end of second year. i was passing it but getting much better marks in computing. needless to say i now have a shitload of respect for maths graduates, its an ace subject but really fucking difficult

work park time as a supervisor in a convenience store too, usual shift is just taking over from the manager at 5pm, reducing the out of date stuff and bossing staff about, argueing with neds (translated: chavs) then locking the door at 10. not a great job but the pay is better than bar work or any other more interesting job

during the summer holidays from uni i work at a place as an IT assistant, wandering about an office building fixing peoples computers (and still at the shop too doing 60 hour weeks before anybody calls me a lazy student)

and for the few months before school exams i'm a maths tutor too, going to kids houses and filling in the gaps their shitey teacher has left so they can actually pass the exam. currently only doing higher, which is like scotland's version of a-levels or irish leavers cert, pitched slightly easier than an A-level because we do have the advanced higher as well but you only need highers for uni

quite a busy lad really

would be ace to see if any members have a cool job. any spys or fire men or anything? best set your email addy to hidden before you admit to being a traffic warden or a tax collector though
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

There was a similar thread to this, but better still the sticky at the top of this section !

http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=310036

I try and do as little as possible myself. I'm all for the hassle & stress free living.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have started labouring for a builder. I get paid to learn, and to do the stuff that no one else wants to. Hard work but I am enjoying it. Hopefully I will get my ass round to doing a few courses and get some certificates or something.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dabbled in a bit of everything, from being a laborer to working as repair man in a local independent PC shop, then had a long spell of being un employed.

Currently working for a family run property company which suits me as its flexible
    and a lot of work is home based, however it does have its stressful moments especially given that your employer
    knows you so well and knows how capable you are etc, you cannot play dumb.
    Last edited by Booyakasha; 4th October 2007 at 11:23 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a Transport Planning Officer for Falkirk Council. Best job I've ever had.....ever. I've been doing that for a year before this I was a Prison Officer for twelve years, that was a fucking laugh and some excellent craoch with my mates. I hated the fucking Governors though they were all pricks. I had to get out cos I was seriously considering bouncing a baseball bat of one of their heads! Funnily enough 99.9% of the cons were sound and i shared a lot in common with them
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPlAnKs View Post
    i'm a full time computing science student, was previously doing computing and maths but i dropped the maths at the end of second year. i was passing it but getting much better marks in computing. needless to say i now have a shitload of respect for maths graduates, its an ace subject but really fucking difficult

work park time as a supervisor in a convenience store too, usual shift is just taking over from the manager at 5pm, reducing the out of date stuff and bossing staff about, argueing with neds (translated: chavs) then locking the door at 10. not a great job but the pay is better than bar work or any other more interesting job

during the summer holidays from uni i work at a place as an IT assistant, wandering about an office building fixing peoples computers (and still at the shop too doing 60 hour weeks before anybody calls me a lazy student)

and for the few months before school exams i'm a maths tutor too, going to kids houses and filling in the gaps their shitey teacher has left so they can actually pass the exam. currently only doing higher, which is like scotland's version of a-levels or irish leavers cert, pitched slightly easier than an A-level because we do have the advanced higher as well but you only need highers for uni

quite a busy lad really

would be ace to see if any members have a cool job. any spys or fire men or anything? best set your email addy to hidden before you admit to being a traffic warden or a tax collector though

So basically you are a smart ass lol

"
    Belief like any other moving body follows the path of least resistance"

"It's all success if it's what you need, do what you like and do it honestly."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Software Developer ... dull but pays the bills.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

i hit big things with a hammer, then poke them with a stick, if that fails it's the little black book of profanities.
    (mechanical engineer).
    before that i worked with high end microchip designs plus a bit of r&d work for next gen machinery.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Software developer here as well... shame there's not much else to say! Nah not really, its ok.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

rope access ndt tech. it basically means i hang off the side of oil rigs doing ultrasonic testing on pipes/plates and welds. quite interesting and DEF. pays the bills okay

Thanks
    Karma Level

i work as a bus driver, pays the bills, before that i was a roadside mechanic for the AA
    "When i rape you i'll remember to make sure your kneeling facing the television with Fawlty towers on uk gold." - B.I.G.