Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Should Rafa Go!!!!

Being a fan of Rafa i am starting to wonder whats going wrong, beginning of the season was looking promising but after wednesdays performance and todays performance against the spurs i am starting to rethink....

Seems Torres may of saved his job???

Yeah we have won the FA Cup
    Been in Champ League Final twice in 3yrs

But we should of beat tottenham or is that just me

Recent results

draw pompey
    draw birmingham
    lucky win wigan
    lose marseille
    draw spurs

things aint looking as bright as i thought

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Should Rafa Go!!!!

Personally speaking, his style sucks as far as the Prem is concerned. You only have to look at his pedigree in the CL for the past 3 years as you say. Have Liverpool been one of the best 2 teams in europe twice in 3 years? Shit no! He plays a very defensive style that suits the CL way of playing but not the offensive physical style of the Premiership. IMO anyway.

Flame away!

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is what gets me....obviously I have aired my dislike of Rafa's style since he took over pretty much, I have never warmed to him either, and cannot dont lik ethe direction the team/squad is heading in.

However

I cannot understand it when people that have supported him for so long suddenly want to give him the boot after a few bad results....
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

yea give him a few more years and millions to get it right is what i say lmao

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post
    Being a fan of Rafa i am starting to wonder whats going wrong, beginning of the season was looking promising but after wednesdays performance and todays performance against the spurs i am starting to rethink....

Recent results

draw pompey
    draw birmingham
    lucky win wigan
    lose marseille
    draw spurs

to answer your question no,whilst what is happening at the moment is not good enough we are still unbeaten in the prem and still in all comps so i think he deserves a chance to put it right, also i think some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves cos teams rafa is putting out on paper should be easily beating the teams you have listed but for some unknown reason they are just not performing to the level we know they can.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    also i think some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves cos teams rafa is putting out on paper should be easily beating the teams you have listed but for some unknown reason they are just not performing to the level we know they can.
    then does it not come down to tactics, and are they not the responsibility of the coach? Or maybe you are still missing quality in a few places? I'm sure I asked the question before about what would happen if one of you're central defenders got injured, and it seems you're now relying on an OAP and a guy not fully fit (not sure about this, just something I read here)? There is no doubt you're first XI is full of quality in most positions (still no width for my money) and can give any team a game, but football isn't about the first XI these days. There seems to be a lot of discontent about the rotation policy, but look at the United team yesterday - mainly forced by injuries sure - but you have to be able to rotate.

Personally I think you have to stick with Rafa for another 2 or 3 seasons, but then, I do enjoy seeing Liverpool struggle, so I guess I'm not the best person to judge

Thanks
    Karma Level

Every team and every manager goes through a bad spell. Just look at United and Fergie. The amount of times people have said that he's lost it and that he should go. Give the manager some time. The same goes with spurs and jol. He's a good manager and given time will build a good team.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    then does it not come down to tactics, and are they not the responsibility of the coach? Or maybe you are still missing quality in a few places? I'm sure I asked the question before about what would happen if one of you're central defenders got injured, and it seems you're now relying on an OAP and a guy not fully fit (not sure about this, just something I read here)? There is no doubt you're first XI is full of quality in most positions (still no width for my money) and can give any team a game, but football isn't about the first XI these days. There seems to be a lot of discontent about the rotation policy, but look at the United team yesterday - mainly forced by injuries sure - but you have to be able to rotate.

Personally I think you have to stick with Rafa for another 2 or 3 seasons, but then, I do enjoy seeing Liverpool struggle, so I guess I'm not the best person to judge
    people will always blame tactics but for me when professional players cant pass a ball 3 yards to thier own team mate tactics dont come into it imo its down to poor form and that can happen to any team at anytime.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    people will always blame tactics but for me when professional players cant pass a ball 3 yards to thier own team mate tactics dont come into it imo its down to poor form and that can happen to any team at anytime.
    Well I can only agree to that. It fucks me off no end when I see my own players not be able to pass to a fellow wearing the same shirt as them. I guess for whatever reason Liverpool have lost a bit of confidence, and the coach needs to sort that our sharpish or Arsenal - and hopefully United - will be out of sight!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by webslinger2k View Post
    This is what gets me....obviously I have aired my dislike of Rafa's style since he took over pretty much, I have never warmed to him either, and cannot dont lik ethe direction the team/squad is heading in.

However

I cannot understand it when people that have supported him for so long suddenly want to give him the boot after a few bad results....
    Isn't that exactly what happened with Gerard Houllier?

One year he won you lot the treble then you turn on him after a bad start. You say he's shit yet he goes on to win the french league/cups a few times. Yeah. He was proper shit him.

Awaiting Email Confirm masterbates69's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just watched Liverpool against Spurs on Football First, and I don't see why so many fans are getting worked up over today's performance. Wednesday = absolute shite, but I don't think there was that much wrong today.

Can't believe I saw Hypia get dominated in the air so badly, especially after what I said in another post. That aside, Gerrard really does look off his game since his return from injury. But overall I thought Liverpool played pretty well today. Spurs got a lift from their goal just before HT, which they carried into the second half, but I thought we should have had it wrapped up before then, and there was only really about 20 mins where you could say Spurs were anything like on top.

Reserving judgment for the time being...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

no wingers, gerrard has a decent game once every 5 and he cant help tinkering , so no he shouldnt go lol. city could finish higher
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post

Recent results

draw pompey
    draw birmingham
    lucky win wigan
    lose marseille
    draw spurs

Lol yeah lets sack him!! The same was said of SAF not long ago and look what happened there. Supporters like you m8 make me laugh so fickle its untrue. Do you think we have some god given right to beat everyone we play and not ever have a bad run of form? The lucky win you talk about would be considered a ' ground out result' on another day. Birmingham didnt deserve to lose against united IMO the other week but united took their chance and won, how come when we do the same thing it was a lucky win? Thats nothing against united before anyone kicks off (BBK) just 2 similair games that are explained in 2 different ways. If we go on and win 5 out of the next 6 games and draw the last can we expect a thread from you called ' RAFA,HAS THERE BEEN A BETTER MANAGER? '

Thanks
    Karma Level

If we do worse than last season then he deserves the boot.

So for that, we will have to wait until the end of the season.
    Last edited by LFC Muppet; 8th October 2007 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by showbiz-legend View Post
    Thats nothing against united before anyone kicks off (BBK) just 2 similair games that are explained in 2 different ways'
    Noone kicks off when people talk sense . United have been incredibly lucky against more than 1 team this season - Spurs, Brum, Roma just to name three. Noone is calling for Fergie's head, we all accept that shit happens, and the result this week goes some way to proving you sometimes just need to be patient - and as I've said here you need to give Rafa more time, championship winning sides are not built overnight unless you have £250 million to throw at them. It is frustrating when good players don't play to their best (Scholes and Giggs for us this season), but quality will always tell in the end.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Couldn't agree more although i do agree with gavin too, we should reserve judgement until the end of the season and lets see how we get on.