Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Wanted: Some of your best post processing tips...

Guys,

I've just "acquired" Lightroom 1.2 and I must say... WOW... What a powerful little piece of software!

Anyway, since I have only just begun to get to grips with it's interface, and I now have an online photo album to showcase pics, I was hoping you would all share some useful tips and techniques you use to cut down on post processing time. Specifically what I am looking for is this (but all tips will be welcomed, and maybe we could make this a sticky if it gets enough coverage):

- In order to upload groups of pics I have taken to my album (with very little post processing) I want to batch resize images in Lightroom (load them all in the Library as RAW, and then run a batch resize to get them down to 800x600 and saved as jpeg) so I can upload them to my webserver at a decent filesize. So far I cannot see any way to resize the pics or save as jpeg short of transferring each into Photoshop individually and doing it there?

- At the moment, for pics taken that I want to work a little more closely with, I open in Lightroom, adjust all the settings, transfer to Photoshop to touch up or save as jpeg. What process do you use?

- Any other tips and tricks using either Lightroom or Photoshop which you'd like to share.
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Wanted: Some of your best post processing tips...

Hi neo

I love lightroom too but still getting used to it.

I asked something similar to this a bit ago in this very section.
    http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=313321

Another great forum if you haven't discovered it already, is Photo On The Net - POTN. Here's a link to the lightroom threads over there
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=315590

Everyone's workflow is different.

There are a fair few presets as well that you can download that you can apply to batches of images. - bit like photoshop actions.

To save as jpegs just select all the photos you want then go into export and then you can batch save them as jpeg there.

there are some very good tutorials available as well.
    Last edited by muttleymacclad; 15th October 2007 at 10:25 AM.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry