Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default "Big" club fails to sell out local derby.

Come on then Snotty feel free to explain why a club supported mostly by locals can't even sell out the derby and put 3000 tickets on general sale.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: "Big" club fails to sell out local derby.

Err, your suggesting you can sell out a game without putting the tickets on sale?

Thanks
    Karma Level

For a Derby yes m8 and the key word is "General" ie no vouchers or anything just queue up outside.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is a huge drop this year in ticket sales at almost all clubs most are seeing a 2000+ drop in crowds for matches.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shouldn't charge so bloody much for tickets then, on top of membership fees, club cards, "official" supporters cards etc etc...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Still cant get tickets for Liverpool matches though, I havent seen 2000 tickets go on general sale for ages

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Its too dear for tickets and now you can watch any match at pubs on satellite.
    why cant they have a tenner a game match? nice and cheap plus you afford to get a programme, burger and drink
    Its well over a hundred quid for a day out at a big game if you wanna make a good day of it
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    Come on then Snotty feel free to explain why a club supported mostly by locals can't even sell out the derby and put 3000 tickets on general sale.
    I can't remember many Everton home game in living memory that haven't gone to a general sale to be honest. Doesn't matter if its Middlesbrough at home live on Sky or Liverpool at home the games always seem to go on general sale. We have a large number of season ticket holders and a large number of Evertonia members who get priority on the remaining tickets. My personal theory is the number of restricted view seats at Goodison...those who have been stuck behind the pillars/sat at the back of the main stand/Gwladys/Bullens and even in the away part will know what I'm on about. People would rather watch on the box than spend £33 on a seat where it feels like you're watching through a letter box. Ticket prices increasing a fair bit haven't helped either...our crowds are down this season on recent seasons despite doing well last season. One thing Evertonians can never be accused of is being glory fans.

Just to confirm though the game HAS sold out in case some of the neutrals who were reading in were wondering...wouldn't want BIG's comments being misinterpreted
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Garny View Post
    Still cant get tickets for Liverpool matches though, I havent seen 2000 tickets go on general sale for ages
    That will be due to a large proportion being "intercepted" on the way back from the printers...
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty View Post
    I can't remember many Everton home game in living memory that haven't gone to a general sale to be honest. Doesn't matter if its Middlesbrough at home live on Sky or Liverpool at home the games always seem to go on general sale. We have a large number of season ticket holders and a large number of Evertonia members who get priority on the remaining tickets. My personal theory is the number of restricted view seats at Goodison...those who have been stuck behind the pillars/sat at the back of the main stand/Gwladys/Bullens and even in the away part will know what I'm on about. People would rather watch on the box than spend £33 on a seat where it feels like you're watching through a letter box. Ticket prices increasing a fair bit haven't helped either...our crowds are down this season on recent seasons despite doing well last season. One thing Evertonians can never be accused of is being glory fans.

Just to confirm though the game HAS sold out in case some of the neutrals who were reading in were wondering...wouldn't want BIG's comments being misinterpreted
    ah but isnt this the "peoples" club were talking about,so where are all the people then snotty? and surely you dont have 3000 restricted views,but do not fret snotty the reds will fill it for you

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    ah but isnt this the "peoples" club were talking about,so where are all the people then snotty? and surely you dont have 3000 restricted views,but do not fret snotty the reds will fill it for you

3000? You're looking at between 5,000 and 8,000 restricted views. There's poles all over the ground apart from the Park End.

If you want to know about The People's Club, ask Souness and Pongolle. They will tell you what its all about
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

3000? You're looking at between 5,000 and 8,000 restricted views. There's poles all over the ground apart from the Park End.

If you want to know about The People's Club, ask Souness and Pongolle. They will tell you what its all about
    them fucking poles are getting everywhereexplain the souness pongolle bit havent a clue what your on about.

Thanks
    Karma Level

nor i
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

One thing Evertonians can never be accused of is being glory fans.
    Stands to reason really

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can see why attendances are falling. Man U are screwing members up to with regards to tickets this year. They withdraw around 2000 tickets from the membership ballot, and sell these as hospitality packages for £125 each! Now for your everyday supporter, WTF! If they don't sell all these tickets, which if it isn't a top 6 club won't, they then allocate these to members who were unsuccessful with the 1st draw and then send you the hospitality tickets at a reduced rate of £50 a ticket! But the thing is, you don't get any hospitality features, just a seat. And that makes it the most expensive tickets for anywhere in the stadium just for a seat in the stands. Normal price for these are £31.

Now I will always support the club, but when you apply for 2 £31 tickets, 1 as a gift for a friend, and then you recieve 2 tickets for £100 less than a week to kick-off, plus only option if you don't want them is to send them back, it is a piss take. I'll now look to applying for games I know if I get charged £50 for, I really won't mind paying that much for that certain game, but that is only a few games a season. Talk about screwing your own. As for todays game, I will be watching that down the pub, saving me £40 on a ticket and another £40 on parking, fuel, programme, food and drink!

Thanks
    Karma Level

if i wasnt a season ticket holder and I could pick and choose my games i wouldnt bother with an early kick off if it's on telly. derby or no derby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    There is a huge drop this year in ticket sales at almost all clubs most are seeing a 2000+ drop in crowds for matches.
    not at Ashburton Grove. we charge the most for tickets yet sell out every home game (incluiding the Carling Cup game against newcastle).

The only league game to go on general sale in the stadium;s history is the Pompey game back in late August.

just goes to show that if you play good football then the people will come to watch!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -G-Man- View Post
    just goes to show that if you play good football then the people will come to watch!!
    Arsenal fill out 60,000 every week, United fill out 76,000 each week - whats the problem????

Thanks
    Karma Level

there seems to be a lot of pointless bitching in here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannoble82 View Post
    there seems to be a lot of pointless bitching in here.
    and pointless posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast