Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: ebay/paypal lost £400! pls help :(

Looks like you're not the only one fella:-

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=163275

EDIT - when did your transaction take place? the one above was 28th July and paypal knew on that day that it was a fraudulent transaction. If yours was after then you might have some more comeback on them.
    Last edited by lombie; 23rd October 2007 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another way of getting him is somehow have him try and pull the scam again but this time get the police involved when he is about to sign.... very unlikely to happen but you never know

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Another way of getting him is somehow have him try and pull the scam again but this time get the police involved when he is about to sign.... very unlikely to happen but you never know
    Yes, why not phone the local police station and ask them to wait outside this guys house all morning til the postie turns up, then they can slap him on the wrist and go happily back to catching speeding drivers and people who don't pay poll tax.

As if.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guys the guy who did him is long gone from that address. Standard procedure cain ebay cain paypal get a shit load of things sent over a 2-5 day period then clean the fingerprints up then het the road to do it again at another drop address. By the time the police come to think about looking at a case the guy/guys who did it been gone like 3 months like in this case.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post

Contact paypal and complain that you have proof that he received the item, they will be cunts about it so PM Legal Eagle and ask him where you stand so you know what action you can threaten paypal with.

Don't go sending a PM to LE he only deals with questions in the legal section.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by amepani View Post
    hey guys

The items were sent via special delivery so I know they got there....any1 have any suggestions on what I could possibly do?

thanks for you help...looks like its gonna be bread and water for me for the next few weeks
    firstly if they didnt sign for yours as its special tell them its thier fault and they cant prove the person got it so then its upto £500 comp from royal mail

thats another way to get the money back

Thanks
    Karma Level

The same thing happened to me. Only with a game I sold for £18.

Paypal payment came through straight away, only wierd thing was is that he PM'd me an address to send the game too. Which I didnt care as I thought as soon as Paypal had sent me the money and I'd withdrawn it it was mine? 3 weeks later I get an email saying it had been retracted due to it being a fraudulent payment.

I got in touch with eBay told them, they said they'd investirgate it. Paypal reckoned I owed them £18. I werent gonna pay this so I tried to delete my card from my account however you're not allowed to do that when you owe Paypal money (obviously) so I rang them and told them bollocks would I be paying, its not my fault the card used was fraudulent. I figured the whole point of Paypal was to prevent something like this from happening?

Anyways after about 30mins arguing I said I wanted to take my card off my account, and that they were basically holding my card details to ransom. Paypal agreed to pay me the money back and then lectured me on sellers protection or somet.

So happy in the end. Although I guess £400 is a bit different from £18. But by the sounds of it you argued your point for long enough. Hope the buyer gets what he deserved the twat. Let me know how it goes!
    CONTACT

My liver is evil and must be punished!

Thanks
    Karma Level

As a general rule, I only post to confirmed Paypal addresses. I know this doesn't help you but it is one of the ways to cover yourself. Another is to not accept Paypal cos they are total cunts. I had a new ebay account which I used to buy small items. I then sold about 10 items which totalled about £40. They froze my Paypal account and said I had to provide proof that it was my account and that I couldn't withdraw the money. I provided them with proof of address and then they said I needed to show them proof of postage. I gave them the tracking numbers of all the items. RM are shit at updating their site and Paypal said that some of the items hadn't been delivered and I couldn't have the money 'til they were. I then pointed out to them that the buyers had left me feedback saying they had received the items. They then released the money. Took 3 weeks though.
    Last edited by Clubber Lang; 24th October 2007 at 06:14 PM.
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some guy tried to fook me over as I bought something on ebay he never put a reserve on, paid for it never received it, called etc, no money back, then I got his address and mums name, called his mum, she game me a mobile number (bad mistake with what I do) called him still no luck .......he can't even get a contract account for a phone now and all the top five phone providers have him black listed (on their systems).
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

good work Tony, by the way, what is that you "do"? I have someone who would deserve that same treatment.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

are you sure the paypal persons account was hacked.... ....... i may be able to go visiting mate, as its not too far.....also it won't help stop the mobile techie but did you have the IMEI number, phone and report it stolen and at least it gives the person some hassle to sort..
    Last edited by TIN CAN; 27th October 2007 at 10:16 AM.
     iPhone 6 baby...
     iMac 24", 2.4Ghz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
     Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, 250GB, 4GB RAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12