Close

Thread: London ink

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default London ink

A few people asked me about show and is it real, or a bit bogus like Miami ink. Well Miami you wont find any of the artists there apart from filming, LA ink you'll find Kat an the rest most days after 9pm. And the joke about London ink is when Malloy keeps having a go at Dan Gold... lol its Dans shop ffs. Heres where to find the artists
    Dan Gold owns and runs London Tattoo which is where London Ink is filmed. The number is 0845 TATTOOS. 332 GOSWELL ROAD ANGEL EC1 7LQ LONDON h**p://www.london-tattoo.com/

Louis Molloy works at Middleton Tattoo in Manchester - h**p://www.tattoos.co.uk/

Nikole Lowe works at Into You - h**p://www.into-you.co.uk/

And Phil Kyle at Magnum Opus - h**p://www.magnumopustattoo.com/

Sylvia Z works at New Wave - h**p://www.newwavetattoo.co.uk/
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: London ink

It was a really shit series that made a mockery of the Uk\London Tattoo scene. Constantly being reminded about David Beckham's angel had me switching off after 1 episode. They didn't exactly feature much UK talent either. The 1 uk artist on the show and Louis constantly made him look like a tit.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak View Post
    It was a really shit series that made a mockery of the Uk\London Tattoo scene. Constantly being reminded about David Beckham's angel had me switching off after 1 episode. They didn't exactly feature much UK talent either. The 1 uk artist on the show and Louis constantly made him look like a tit.
    i sort of watched the ads/trailers for it and though. i dont think so
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

First of all im NOT a tattoo expert but a couple of things I have to say after reading the first 2 posts
    First thing I have a friend that works in America and about 12 months ago he was in Miami so he called into Miami ink shop there was no cameras but ami and Darren brass were there so I don’t know how bogus the show is
    Now as for London ink the 1 UK artists that is on the show (not counting Louis???) I would say after the first couple of tattoos that Dan did that I saw on the show, well he is shite especially the car he did and that had nothing to do with Louis
    Now I live in Middleton and trust me Louis is never there he has got some girl running the place at the minute (she is supposed to be shit hot)so I don’t know where he is if it’s not down that London

Now Louis has done most of my ink and I can assure he is nothing like he is on London ink Because he has got his head so much up is own arse its unreal on the show he comes across as being very father like and understanding but that’s bollocks he is very arrogant and cocky but in all the years I have been going to him he has never bragged about the famous people he has tattooed but I have to say my god he’s a good artist
    NON ILLIGITAMUS CARBORUNDUM

Thanks
    Karma Level

a couple of quotes for you re miami ink
    # The place was very busy with people constantly coming in wanting quotes and stuff done. The funny thing is I went in at 10pm as they're open from 12-12 and none of the guys from their show were there. I guess Garver and Ami are off doing celebrity sponsorships and Darren and Nunez were there earlier in the day. They don't do appointments so they just show up and take walk-ins. I got mine done by Avi, quiet guy but very kewl and really good." (mshetley1)
    # "It's not like what you think. I just went to miami ink over the weekend and got a tattoo there. The place is a little different then the show. Ami and the guys from what I was told from the RUDE guy sitting at the desk...they only come in once a month or so to do the TV show thats it. Darren was there that night and he did my Tattoo. He did do a great job. But for the price I could of gotten 7 or 8 more some where else. $$$$ I guess because there on TV and feel they need to charge like that I guess. But they are way way WAY too high in price. And the guy at the desk was a REAL BUTT if it wasn't for being with friends and the whole MIAMI INK thing we would of left just because of him."
    I cant comment too much on malloy as since his angel thing he's been regarded in the business as a good artist but a right wanker.
    I guess fame will do it for you all the time

Lies a body oozing life

Thanks
    Karma Level

@geeza.
    got any pics mate?
    i`ve looked at his stuff and think hes very good, my wife hates him cause hes so arrogant but to me if your good then you know your good and his arrogance is all part of that. would love a piece off him to be honest
    Oh f@ck it!

[url]http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/nok1up/[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

my fav malloy

Lies a body oozing life

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have had 3 pieces done by Malloy

the first 2 were really good,but the last one he seemed to rush and IMO it's not as good as his previuos work

Correct though,the guy is as arrogant and ignorant as they come,the picture he paints on London Ink is nothin like he really is

Also he won't give you a price for the work apart from a very vague figure then charges what he wants when the work is done,which is way more

After you have spent £100s of your hard earned with him,If you send him an email for some more work/ideas he never bothers replying to them and doesn't bother to answer the phone either.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I guess he doesn't have to if loads of people are walking into the shop of the back of this program.

He can just sit there, flash a few pre-drawn images and count the cash.