Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 LIVE Turns 5, Free Carcassonne, Fall Update Dec 4th, Dwl Xbox1 Games

From the press release:

Xbox LIVE membership soars past 8 million mark, Microsoft unveils new download service for Xbox games direct to your living room beginning Dec. 4.

REDMOND, Wash. -- Nov. 13, 2007 -- On Nov. 15, Microsoft Corp. will celebrate the fifth anniversary of Xbox LIVE. In addition, the company notes that the latest membership figures show more than 8 million members are now actively engaged in the largest social entertainment network on TV. Xbox LIVE has grown from a small community of gamers in two countries, playing a handful of games online with their friends, to a worldwide social entertainment network offering online access to gaming, music, movies and TV shows. As friends across 26 countries and nine languages have connected on Xbox LIVE, it is their feedback and active participation that has guided the service to become what Wired magazine recently called "the king of the online arena." As a gesture of thanks to the gaming community, all 8 million members will have the opportunity to download a free Xbox LIVE Arcade game [Carcassonne, except in Korea were it'll be Hexic 2],* available for downloading between 12:01 a.m. PST on Nov. 15 and 11:59 p.m. PST on Nov. 16.** In addition to this, every active member who joined the service in 2002 will receive 500 free Microsoft Points.

Starting on Dec. 4, all Xbox LIVE members will receive a free system update with a host of new features and enhancements. Included in this update will be the launch of Xbox Originals, which, for the first time, will enable consumers to download and own full Xbox games, such as "Halo," "Psychonauts," "Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge" and "Fable," among others, directly to their Xbox 360. This new service will launch with an array of blockbuster titles spanning the most popular genres from action-adventure to classic role-playing games.

With no disc necessary, and at just 1,200 Microsoft Points per game, Xbox LIVE members can easily rediscover these hit titles, or check out a game they missed the first time around. This launch lineup is only the beginning, as Xbox 360 owners can expect to see a growing catalog of Xbox games to download and own over the coming year.

"In just five short years, Xbox LIVE has revolutionized the way friends and family have fun in the living room," said John Schappert, corporate vice president of LIVE, software and services at Microsoft. "On its fifth birthday, Xbox LIVE truly is the place for hanging out with friends and enjoying downloadable TV shows, movies, videos, game add-ons and now downloadable Xbox games on demand."

More information can be found online about the downloadable games available on Xbox LIVE, the evolution of Xbox LIVE or the Xbox LIVE is 5IVE member rewards at http://www.xbox.com.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: LIVE Turns 5, Free Carcassonne, Fall Update Dec 4th, Dwl Xbox1 Games

With no disc necessary, and at just 1,200 Microsoft Points per game, Xbox LIVE members can easily rediscover these hit titles, or check out a game they missed the first time around. This launch lineup is only the beginning, as Xbox 360 owners can expect to see a growing catalog of Xbox games to download and own over the coming year.

You what??? 1200 points!! My old Xbox with said titles is still sitting under my TV, I think I'd rather just turn that on. It's a good idea, but they need to sort the prices out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: LIVE Turns 5, Free Carcassonne, Fall Update Dec 4th, Dwl Xbox1 Games

free fooking live.
    MY BROADBAND IS LIKE A FERRARI
    BUT FITTED WITH A ROBIN RELIANT ENGINE
    LOOKS GOOD BUT GOES NOWHERE!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

no divx again!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

wonder if this was announced b4 sony said it was putting divx into ps3 maybe a rethink is in order

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kez m View Post
    wonder if this was announced b4 sony said it was putting divx into ps3 maybe a rethink is in order
    oh just see that in the sony sec thats sweet microsoft fucked up

i have always thought the one to do this first will get a huge sales boost

oh well as least my ps3 will have something to do now lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by steve10574 View Post
    no divx again!!!
    I wouldn't assume that until a full firmware update features list is released.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Its about time that we got the full video market place, i'll be interested to see how the films compare with the US market place. HD movie downloads would be cool though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    Its about time that we got the full video market place, i'll be interested to see how the films compare with the US market place. HD movie downloads would be cool though
    They would - but we are gonna need bigger hard drives!
    [live=bob808bob]bob808bob[/live]

If at first you dont succeed, try, try again - then stop... there's no point being an idiot about it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

As it happens my original xbox is sat under my tele too, playing divx quite happily

That carcassone game is free now till tomorrow night as was also mentioned in the news post. Just been playing it with the wife, tiz good

Thanks
    Karma Level

As said before original games are better bought of fleabay for a couple of notes rather than 1200 points - is that 8 quid in real money?

I know the DivX thing is a bummer () but at least 360s over heat through use unlike the PS3 which just needs a polish every once and a while as it begins to gather a little.....