Close

Thread: New $ky+ Box

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help New $ky+ Box

If I buy a new $ky+ box when it comes does it come with a new viewing card and if so can I then take my old box in my caravan and use it with the new card? Its just that when we tried our current card in the sons bedroom $ky box it wouldnt work, yet I know lots of people who have homes away from home be it abroad or a caravan or whatever who have a secondary box and they just take their $ky viewing card with them on holiday and it works fine.
    Last edited by Nibb; 20th November 2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Provider name modified

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New $ky+ Box

I dont really know what youre asking mate?

Lets try again....

If you buy a new $ky+ box you dont get a new card.

You can put your old card in the $ky+ box, itll give you the old "wrong card for this box", but only on the premium channels....Movies & Sports.

You then need to ring Sky and get them to pair the card with the new box and switch the + recoding features on, its free as long as you have a sub.

For your own box you need a new card to watch C4, C5 $ky 3 etc.....BBC and ITV are free to air without card, a new card will cost you £20 off $ky for a FTV one.

If you want to go down the multiroom route you need to ring $ky and tell then, they will then send you a new card for nowt as long as you pay the £10 multiroom sub.

Now...when you then go on hols you need to take the box plus the card and it will work.

However, remember when you have multiroom both boxes need to be connected to an active phone line associated with the bill payers address otherwise you will pay full price for the 2nd sub.

Now then the trick here is to make sure your box is connected to your line at least a few days a month, otherwise you will get a bolshy letter!

Let me know if you want any more clarification
    Last edited by Nibb; 16th November 2007 at 09:52 PM.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Social Networking Bookmarks