Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Ghostbusters 3... or is it???

Ok so I posted a while back about rumours of a new Ghostbusters movie but it seems it isnt for the big screen!

Ghostbusters to slime consoles, PC
    Supernatural cult classic confirmed by December cover of Game Informer as coming to Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PC; Aykroyd, Ramis-penned script to be sequel to first two films.

In January, a developer working for Slovenian outfit Zootfly uploaded to popular video-sharing site YouTube what appeared to be footage of a new game based on the 1984 cult classic Ghostbusters. In an interview with GameSpot, Zootfly chief Bostjan Troha said that the footage was from a prototype build for the game running on an Xbox 360, but copyright issues were preventing the project from moving forward.

It appeared Zootfly had succeeded in its legal wranglings in February, when Dr. Raymond Stantz himself, under the guise of prolific comedian Dan Aykroyd, revealed to the Edmonton Sun that former copyright holders Sony had sold the rights to the game to Universal Studios, and that he would be doing mo-cap work for the game "next year." Despite Aykroyd's statements, Universal Studios owner Vivendi refused to confirm the game's existence.

Vivendi's silence on the matter gained reason today, as the cover of the December issue of Game Informer reveals that a Ghostbusters game is indeed in development, but it will reportedly not involve Zootfly's demo. The game is being developed on the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, and PC. A release window has not yet been revealed, nor has a publisher or developer yet been attached to the project.

True to his word, Aykroyd will have a hand in the project, penning the script with fellow supernatural scientist Egon, aka Harold Ramis. Forgoing a theatrical release, the game will serve as a direct sequel to the first two Ghostbusters films, with Ramis, Aykroyd, and Bill Murray all signed on to reprise their roles.
    I will get the game just to see the next installment!!!

And yes perhaps this should be in the game section but I couldnt be arsed!
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ghostbusters 3... or is it???

yeah theres a ghostbusters 2007 out and it didnt make big screen went straight to dvd, its on nzb form in te world doesnt have the orginal actors . and my nephew watched it and said it was poo
    none needed

Thanks
    Karma Level

That a Fan film... all amature with no budget... I think it is quite good considering the people that made it dont have any experience!
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i heard about the ghostbusters game the other day some place..

cant wait for it.. specially if it feautres the original actors. heres hoping they dont ruin the fucking thing. movie games never fare well.