Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Getting inked for first time!

Im due to get my first inking next weds morning. got design i want semi finished but still debating on it. ill upp a couple of photos of design soon but would just like to know what pain levels are like. (gonna be on upper arm)

update: upp'd two pics of each arms design, left arm = devils horns of the unknown (my donefor me) with jap symbol for genius or talent and the right arm = angels wings (which i nicked from constantine but might redesign) with jap symbol for god send.

the devil angel combo is to symbolise my concience. the jap symbols a: cos i like em, b: its the symbol from heroes but broken down and c: will get my girls names done later with roman numeral DOB's on each arm as to mean what they i.e a godsend or great talented. (wont get the jap symbol for lil shits)

what u think then?

was looking at getting some latin to but didnt know where to get it put or how big was gonna get Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero which means = Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow.
    Last edited by Spike2k1; 3rd January 2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: pic update
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Getting inked for first time!

bearable mate, like a scratch to be honest, but not too bad.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone who tells you it dosnt hurt are just liars, its a needle poking ink into your arm , Like WTD said it just feel like a scratch, same kind a little bastard kitten gives you
    If they hurt so much people wouldn't have them. Plus afterwards its the one thing you own that you cant sell or lose, Unless you get drunk
    I love getting a new tattoo, im like a kid in a candy shop

Upload some photos when its done man, fresh tattoos look the nicest they will ever look

Peace
    [IMG]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9031/userbar550141fk3.gif[/IMG]
    [I]Any jungle in guy?[/I]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Everyones level of pain tolerance is different. Personally, mine didn't hurt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

looking nice paul

i found that my upper arms didnt hurt so its all dependant on the person and their pain threshold
    where you getting it done m8? hope you aint going to daves in the town

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Like everyone says personal pain threshhold is different for everyone my last one didnt start hurtin till he started doin the back of my arm as it is skin not really exposed to anything.

Love to see pics when u get it done

Thanks
    Karma Level

it will hurt but its not as bad as you expect and after 5 mins you'll forget that it hurts, are you having it done on the outer or inner bicep m8, i had the inner done and it was a piece of piss but the inner elbow hurt like hell

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a big tattoo on my back.. it didnt hurt untill the shoulder blades... then it well killed. apart from that its fine.. one thing though you get addicted to it. i now have 7

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bladesftp View Post
    looking nice paul

i found that my upper arms didnt hurt so its all dependant on the person and their pain threshold
    where you getting it done m8? hope you aint going to daves in the town
    nah not that place, going bananas in the galleries. told its quite good up there...

im gonna get it on outer bicep. have an idea for my carpe diem one though, will have it on a scroll sorta thing and wrapped around arm quite wavey poss below the jap symbol on right arm
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

id be careful not to mix too many differnt styles if i were you m8 by all means get the latin one but back of the forearm would be a good place down one arm and up the other making your hands the gap between one day and the next also it could represent the way that time like anything else can fall through your hands/ slip through your fingers so you have to grab it (life) with both hands

i dont know if ive explained what i mean but i think you get the idea

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by casio View Post
    id be careful not to mix too many differnt styles if i were you m8 by all means get the latin one but back of the forearm would be a good place down one arm and up the other making your hands the gap between one day and the next also it could represent the way that time like anything else can fall through your hands/ slip through your fingers so you have to grab it (life) with both hands

i dont know if ive explained what i mean but i think you get the idea
    see i want all tattoos to be covered if i was wearing a short sleeve tshirt. so they'd all stop around the elbows anyway
    planning on back (upper and lower) upper arms and possibly some leg tatts. dont want them to be on show cos they're more personal and only those close to me would know that thier there.

what about a set of hands, palm up with a tender scroll hanging over and between them with the writing on scroll like old writing on a damaged parchment, fading and breaking slightly and slight tears in middle of scroll as its hanging between the hands. that would be a good back tattoo i reckon
    Last edited by Spike2k1; 3rd January 2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Meh....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its not to bad m8. no pain no gain
    the best advice i can give is make sure your happy with the design. a tattoo is for life not for a notion
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

gotta say that is a good idea for a back tattoo m8, personally im almost done on 1 sleave and well on with the next so im not bothered if people see them and i forget some people like to keep them quite and covered

nice idea for a back piece though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spike2k1 View Post
    see i want all tattoos to be covered if i was wearing a short sleeve tshirt. so they'd all stop around the elbows anyway
    planning on back (upper and lower) upper arms and possibly some leg tatts. dont want them to be on show cos they're more personal and only those close to me would know that thier there.
    Could get them on your nob then that would be seen by those close to you

Had one done yesterday first proper one it's not as painful as i thought just like being stung by a wasp i suppose, if your worried or nervous try deep breathing in through the nose and out through the gob and fix on something in the room and stare at it....but not as bad as you think....
    Basil: Come on, start, will you? Start, you vicious bastard! Oh my God! I'm warning you: If you don't start...I'll count to 3: 1...2...3! Right, that's it! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! That’s it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by casio View Post
    gotta say that is a good idea for a back tattoo m8, personally im almost done on 1 sleave and well on with the next so im not bothered if people see them and i forget some people like to keep them quite and covered

nice idea for a back piece though

you got any pics of ur sleeves online or avail for attachment mate? would love to see the great mans designs on himself.
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by basil fawlty View Post
    Could get them on your nob then that would be seen by those close to you

Had one done yesterday first proper one it's not as painful as i thought just like being stung by a wasp i suppose, if your worried or nervous try deep breathing in through the nose and out through the gob and fix on something in the room and stare at it....but not as bad as you think....
    No where near as bad a a wasp sting, and i had a proper bad scratcher, who was really forcing the needle in (so bad I am too embarressed to put it up on here. But I will say don't go to Scotty in hereford (used to be almost behind McDee's)) but that was on the calf, but can'timagine it being too terrible anywhere else with a decent artist.

Thanks
    Karma Level

@spike2k1 theyve been on here m8 currently im waiting to go bach for colour adding to the upper arm and then a scroll on the back of the bicep, if ive got any space ill up them again

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive had a quick look in my attachments and im all out of space but theres the last one ive had done still there this is what its going to look like when its done

you can see my forearm on that when ive done with the upper arm im going to have japanese clouds or water put "behind" the only thing thats stopping me at the mo is i cant decide between colour and black and grey, if i colour the top one ill have bright blue water on the forearm if i go grey on the top one then clouds on the bottom to tie them together, the other arm is a large scroll with a lot of txt and a coloured tribal on the other side (green and blue) then theres the initials on my wrists and the blue star on my calf with a date (i only get ink done once a year on my birthday)
    Last edited by casio; 4th January 2008 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spike2k1 View Post
    nah not that place, going bananas in the galleries. told its quite good up there...

im gonna get it on outer bicep. have an idea for my carpe diem one though, will have it on a scroll sorta thing and wrapped around arm quite wavey poss below the jap symbol on right arm

gdgd m8 yea bananas are good i know both rob and rich up there and they also have a new bloke tattooing hes done some decent tats aswell from the work i have seen

ya might see me up there sometime soon lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bladesftp View Post
    gdgd m8 yea bananas are good i know both rob and rich up there and they also have a new bloke tattooing hes done some decent tats aswell from the work i have seen

ya might see me up there sometime soon lol

gd gd, did they do ur stomach?
    Meh....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast