Close

Thread: Death Sentence

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Death Sentence

Well not as good as I had hoped but a decent film all the same. The acting was pretty good, story was reasonable but it was completely unrealistic. It's built up well at the beginning and doesn't take too long for the action to start however the action is never exilerating enough.

Not sure if it was just me but a lot of dialogue seemed to make no sense at all and was just confusing. There aren't really any twists or turns, just a couple of incredibly minor additions to the plot that you might not have predicted.

Not sure if it was from the makers of Saw or if they were just fans but look out for the Saw inspired graffiti in the background of one scene. Also I liked it because of the
    Spoiler:
    abandoned mental hospital

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Death Sentence

Watched this last week and is worth watching if you have nothing to do one evening, Kevin Bacon produces his normal standard of acting and 'tho far fetched in some parts a decent enough movie, but not one you will remember in a few years time.

TIM-MAY!!!

SouthPark

Thanks
    Karma Level

This movie has been done before, but the difference with this one is the way the story pans out. Parts are predictable but there are also unexpected parts which made this movie stand out for me.

Bacon plays a good role here, some scenes are a little OTT but it doesnt stop you enjoying it. Lots of blood and gore in this movie and a cracking performance by John Goodman !!! I was quite disappointed with the ending and with the wooden cop but it was still an enjoyable movie.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought this was ok, pretty much echo the comments above, some nice action scenes and the occasional satisfying revenge kill. Seemed a bit lacking how he:
    Spoiler:
    never showed any emotion about his wife being killed
    and the forced "i love you so much kids" slush inbetween the relentless violence was a bit cringeworthy.

There was some stunning camera work on the carpark scene too, in what looked to be a continuous take we went from floor to floor of the multistory, although I suspect it was cut in a few places.

Dan Goodman, as ever was brilliant, worth watching it for him alone.

Although it was very far fetched, there didn't have the defying of gravity and the laws of physics that put me off films like Die Hard 4, so pretty watchable even if you have a brain.

The saw reference was due to it being directed by James Wan, who directed the first Saw film I believe.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I enjoyed it - a bit predictable but the one thing I couldnt work out was whether he died at the end or not?????

Still, helped pass a Sunday evening!
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -