Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Conservatives announce plans to get the long-term unemployed back in to jobs

May be just a vote pulling hollow sentiment but about time something was done on skiving lazy-arsed fcukers. If you can't find a suitable job after so long, something is wrong and not just the salary excuse.
    If I can find work, albeit part-time, with two kids in Primary education then I'm sure a lot more could do the same. A major problem with the current 'system' is that I am really no better off working than if I decided to lay in my pit all day but I'm not of that mentality and want/need a job for my own sanity, not like thousands of chav types who look at being unemployed as a good career move!

What are the Tories proposing?
    Those who have been out of work for two years or more, in total, would have to do unpaid community work or lose their work-related benefits. Anyone refusing three "reasonable" job offers would also lose benefits.

What sort of work would they have to do?
    Cleaning up local parks and public spaces and other tasks that will benefit the community.
    Will those taking part have to wear uniforms?

It will be down to the private companies running the schemes, the Tories say. The party insists it is not a "punitive" measure but is instead designed to break the cycle of benefit dependency.
    How will this help people get a job?

Those on the dole for a long time lose touch with the world of work, the Tories say. They need to get back into the habit of turning up on time and working with others before they can get a paid job, the party argues.

Does that mean if I lose my job I would be forced to do community service?
    All job seekers would be screened as soon as they start claiming. Those with a "track record" of claiming benefits would be referred to special, privately run "back-to-work" centres straight away. Others would be given a "grace period" to find a job. After two years you would be forced to do community work.
    What would happen if I was offered a job I did not want?
    Under a "three-strikes and you're out policy", anyone who refuses a "reasonable" offer of employment would lose one month's benefit for the first job offer, three months for the second, and up to three years for the third.
    What about those on incapacity benefit?
    The Tories have said they want every one of the 2.64 million people on incapacity benefit to be assessed by a doctor. If they are judged fit for work they would be moved to Jobseekers' Allowance, a cut of £20 a week, and expected to get a job.
    How will unemployed people feed their families if their benefits are stopped?

Tory leader David Cameron has said there will still be a "safety net" for those who persistently fail to comply with back-to-work schemes or find a job. They will not lose their housing benefit or child benefit.

Where did the Conservatives get the idea from?
    Australia and America, principally. The workfare scheme in New York cut the number of jobless in the city by more than a million, although there was no reduction in the overall cost to taxpayers. In Wisconsin, the number of welfare claimants was cut by 82% after payments were cut for those who refused work, but critics say it left many people relying on handouts from charity.
    How many people would be affected?
    The scheme is particularly targeted at the 68,000 people on Jobseekers' Allowance for more than two years and the 16,000 on Jobseekers' Allowance for more than five years. There are also 2.64 million people on incapacity benefit - the Tories believe about 200,000 of them could be brought back into the workforce.

How do the Conservative plans differ from what the government is doing?
    Labour has also decided to get tough on the long-term unemployed - but it has focused its efforts on training and skills. In future, those who refuse to go on training courses could face benefit cuts - but those who complete courses could get cash bonuses. People claiming incapacity benefits also face tougher tests. The government has also secured agreements from firms to take on 300,000 long-term unemployed people.
    What has Labour said about the Tory proposals?
    Prime Minister Gordon Brown says the Tory proposals do nothing to address the lack of skills among the unemployed which he says is the real reason they cannot find work. He says Labour's plans are "more modern, radical and up to date".

>>>SOURCE<<<<!-- E BO -->
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Conservatives announce plans to get the long-term unemployed back in to jobs

Theoretically a good idea but basically comes down to forcing people into shitty jobs that the government consider reasonable to get the unemployment figures down.

It's the kind of thing certain long term employed people would think "yeah get the lazy bastards to work" until one day they find themselves struggling to find a decent job and then moan about being forced to work in mcdonalds or be exploited by an agency.

I don't know the solution myself (but then again i'm not employed to come up with solutiuons) but as long as employers can get away with bringing in cheap labour from abroad or worse still imo using agencies to get around employing people full time then many people are fucked in a big way.

What they want to sort out before anything else is closing loopholes for example the one which enables immigrants to work and also claim stuff like family tax credit which they can then send out of the country.
    Last edited by B.I.G.; 8th January 2008 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Conservatives announce plans to get the long-term unemployed back in to jobs

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    It will be down to the private companies running the schemes, the Tories say.
    Sounds like a fucking plan to give their mates more of our tax........fuck the tories, they'll never be anything other than a slush fund for the top earners. Wankers..........

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

id just give them all a brush and tell the fecker to sweep the streets
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Sounds like a fcuking plan to give their mates more of our tax........fcuk the tories, they'll never be anything other than a slush fund for the top earners. Wankers..........
    Where as our taxes are currently fuelling some chav arse with their white lightening or buckfast .. no easy middle road I guess.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Totally approve of this. There are too many people sitting on their arses doing nothing and there is no reason too, other than the fact they don't want to work, and can't find a job that they think suits them. Lazy cunts!! Where I live there are pages full of jobs in the local papers, reasonable salaries - nothing spectacular of course, but decent enough, yet there's plenty unemployed people floating around. Can't see a reason other than complete laziness myself.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You missed out the 2nd half of the Q & A's....

So when can we expect this to happen?

Well obviously the Tories have to get into power for this Idea get started

So when/if the Tories get in power we can expect this to happen ?

Unfortunately the current political system enables parties to virtually promise anything and then once in power realise it was a bad idea and abandon it.

Can't they be pressured into keeping their polices?

Not really, blaming the previous government for something preventing their polices is a great excuse of getting out of things, then you can actually massage some stats to show things are better anyway. Finally if that doesn't work they never give deadlines for policies so you can pencil it in for year seven.

Isn't this really a waste of time and space then?

yes

Will people not then talk endlessly about the pro's and con's of a policy that not only has a requirement of a party coming into power, but also has little chance of actually ever be implemented??

No, people we talk for ages needlessly getting quite heated, lazy bastards, rant, fucking Tories, rant, wankers, ranty rant, tax leachers, rant..... etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

What about those on incapacity benefit?

The Tories have said they want every one of the 2.64 million people on incapacity benefit to be assessed by a doctor. If they are judged fit for work they would be moved to Jobseekers' Allowance, a cut of £20 a week, and expected to get a job.
    Someone needs to tell the fukwit who thought this up they have already been assessed by a Doctor.

Whilst these 2.64 million are being assessed who going to be treating patients ?

The waiting times to see any Doctors would be extremly long.

I've never read so much unenforcable shit in my life .

They also conviently forget to mention how they plan to finance this fantassy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Someone needs to tell the fukwit who thought this up they have already been assessed by a Doctor.

Whilst these 2.64 million are being assessed who going to be treating patients ?

The waiting times to see any Doctors would be extremly long.

I've never read so much unenforcable shit in my life .

They also conviently forget to mention how they plan to finance this fantassy.

Ah well, lets just go with the status quo then. Those who want to leech off those who want to earn.

No wonder this country is going to shit, apathy rules.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Job seekers allowance for 2 years is a fuckin joke, they should give them 6 months to find a job then stop all monies. The amount of cunts sitting on their fuckin arses because they are better of on the dole is a joke.

Stop paying the cunts money then they'll get off their fuckin arses alright.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah well, lets just go with the status quo then. Those who want to leech off those who want to earn.

No wonder this country is going to shit, apathy rules.
    Are benefits really that good that you would rather sit on your arse all day and watch the telly? is receiving £60 a week and living hand to mouth on a fleapit council estate really a lifestyle choice?
    The incentive to work are the plasma TVs, Xboxes, trainers, nutritious food etc.. but on benefits you get none of those things (despite what the media tell you). A lot of these people have low self esteem, low education and no aspirations and therefore Tory plans to shunt them onto dead-end, mind-numbing Mcjobs is hardly the answer IMHO.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Are benefits really that good that you would rather sit on your arse all day and watch the telly? is receiving £60 a week and living hand to mouth on a fleapit council estate really a lifestyle choice?
    The incentive to work are the plasma TVs, Xboxes, trainers, nutritious food etc.. but on benefits you get none of those things (despite what the media tell you). A lot of these people have low self esteem, low education and no aspirations and therefore Tory plans to shunt them onto dead-end, mind-numbing Mcjobs is hardly the answer IMHO.
    are you nuts m8!
    1 the fleapit council house. soap and water is very cheap to clean and free excercise to boot
    2 incentive to work plasma tvs xboxes,etc you have lost it m8...
    i am in and out of the unemployed all day. moan about everything. carpet dirty wall dirty and bed broke etc. but there kids have better clothes than me they smoke must be 40 a day and as for there tvs . plasma all the way, not to mention there xbox 360, ps3 and wii
    oh and more gold round there neck than mr t from the a team
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    As I've previoulsy said, what's the answer? leave them as they are? if you consider the current thinking not the ideal.. what is?

Thanks
    Karma Level

im fed up of funding the chavvy single fucking teenage mums that somehow manage to go shopping every day and wear more bling than i can afford as a working person.

the lazy cunts need a kick up the arse and learn that its not a free ride. if i ruled the world i would also remove their rights of freedom and to the health service. that way we workers may actually benefit from the extortionate amounts of tax we pay.

Thanks
    Karma Level

oops dbl post

Thanks
    Karma Level

I work in recruitment and supply the nottinghamshire area with temporary labour - i.e pickers/packers/labourers etc etc.

These are the kind of jobs that the government want to force them back into - and these folk won't do it - they are lazy, useless twats that couldn't give a shit about our working methods.

And the problem will then be, does a future employer accept someone who doesn't want to work onto their books, or give the job to someone who will turn up day in day out?

I can't see how this can work - and whilst I agree that these lazy bastards should be forced to work, I know that my clients wouldn't accept them through the door.
    Cut me open and I Bleed Red :mellow:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    so as long as you've been able to squeeze past the check the first time round then it's all fine?

everyone knows there are benefit cheats out there, just because they managed to fool someone to get the benefits in the first place doesn't mean they should be allowed a free run forever more
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah well, lets just go with the status quo then.
    What ever you want?

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is the best idea i've heard in a long while. i've got a mate who's' not worked a proper job for the decade i've known him. every time his dole is about to get stopped he signs off, goes to work packing chickens at a factory for about a day (his record's an hour and a half), quits, signs back on, waits 6 weeks getting 'crisis' loans from the social to pay his rent and he's back on benefits again.

he's got no qualifications, so all the jobs he can get are 'beneath him'... as long as he has his freeview and xbox he don't give a fuck.

i know he's my mate an all but i think people like him should be made to work doing all the shitty jobs. washing bus stops, sweeping streets, cleaning walls, scratching up chewing gum, fuckin shite like that... maybe that way they would aspire to find better work with prospects rather than freeloading on the dole/social. it's not just £60 a week don't forget, it's rent too... he's not far behind someone working full time on minimum wage...

Thanks
    Karma Level

GTi you need to look at all the other things that come along with claiming a benefit of any kind.
    We get people knocking on the door offering free home improvements, insulation etc. we all say sure, they then ask what benefits we claim, we all work in our house and claim nothing even though some earn low amounts we cant claim for anything. They then turn round and apologise for wasting our time as it is only for those claiming benefits.
    It doesn't stop at job seekers allowance, as it is such a low amount they can also claim for income support.
    reductions in rent
    help with other bills etc they end up as well off as those that work, don't forget the stuff they do on the sly. a mate of mine has been out of work for 15 years "bad back" but provides most of the area with backups. he drives round in a landrover disco all kitted out for off road off road bikes and smokes like a chimney, house kitted out with every console going LCD TV's all over the place SKY tv whatever.
    another friend who lives on benefits goes to Australia every 2 years for a month, they just left for Cancun for a few weeks earlier in the week. claim disability so they get a new car every few years all paid for they just put fuel in the tank.

Totally pissed off with it, I work full time some times under lots of pressure I have had 3 months out of work since I left college and that was because I had a job lined up for when I returned from a holiday booked while I was working.

My Gran and Granddad managed to survive on their pensions for years, paying rent, gas/electric bills, TV licence etc. One day my granddad at the age of 81 decided to help a guy that was helping to decorate the kitchen so he undid a few screws from the cupboards on the walls and went too far and ended up in hospital when 1 fell on him. Some person visited them when he recovered and arranged for people to come and see them about helping them financially with benefits etc. they now no longer pay rent, tv licence and get help with gas and electricity, they also receive more money each month that they have ever done. I now need to go with my Gran to the bank we call it the bank raid we are getting so much money each time, unfortunately it has come very late in their lives but they are enjoying it as much as they can, I have been instructed to replace their existing 4 year old 28" Sony TV with a new one as my Gran's eyes have got worse and she can't see it very well any more so they have said to buy an £1800 50" panasonnic plasma. Im moving in as soon as it arrives

So it does pay to be on benefits, you think they get so much without lifting a finger. evreyone else works their arses off just to survive and occasionally buy that new car or new TV.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast