Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weird Council pays psychic for exorcism

Council pays psychic for exorcism

Sabrina Fallon said the ghostly resident has gone

A psychic was paid £60 by a council to rid a County Durham home of a "poltergeist" after ghostly goings-on.
    Easington Council employed medium Suzanne Hadwin after Peterlee tenant Sabrina Fallon reported paranormal activity including moving objects.
    Miss Fallon had even called police after hearing bangs which terrified her children Shannon, nine, and Amie, one.
    A council spokesman said it paid half the psychic's fee as it was the most cost-effective solution.
    Andrew Burnip, the council's homelessness and housing advice manager, said the family had been left "traumatised" by the strange goings on and wanted to leave the house.
    The council considered rehousing the family in temporary accommodation but this would have cost up to £40 per night.
    This family was absolutely distraught and believed what was happening - that is not to say that the council believed

Housing manager Andrew Burnip

Andy Burnip

Miss Fallon said the spirit had now gone and the house had a "lovely atmosphere".
    She said: "It all started before Christmas. We were away and my sister's husband had the keys.
    "He let himself in one night and heard whispering and banging from upstairs. He shouted out: 'You better get out or I'm calling the police.'
    "He said my dressing gown then came floating down the stairs and landed at his feet.
    "He ran out and rang me crying like a girl saying something awful had happened - I thought he was drunk, but when we came back we heard the bangs and whispering."
    Medium Suzanne Hadwin performed an exorcism

Mr Burnip said: "This family was absolutely distraught and believed what was happening - that is not to say that the council believed.
    "What we saw was a relatively small amount to pay for an outcome which in effect saved the taxpayer many hundreds, if not thousands of pounds."
    Medium Ms Hadwin said she used her "gift" to isolate the spirit in one room and then exorcise it from the house.
    "I went into the house and there was a horrible atmosphere," she said.
    "I could feel the entity around all the time. He was bombarding the house and the whole family - they were terrified.
    "I put down a circle of salt, asked the family to be present and I have now sent him on his way."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7240405.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Council pays psychic for exorcism

Must have been a sick ghost to wanna hang around with that fat ugly bitch.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

More utter garbage. OK, it wasn't a large amount of money, but seriously, this is just crazy. The family should lay off the beers IMO.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Surely the council should have told them to get a grip and leave it at that?!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    More utter garbage. OK, it wasn't a large amount of money, but seriously, this is just crazy. The family should lay off the beers IMO.
    Talking of beer and that snorter in the photo, she reminds me of one of my exploits whilst doing my army driver training in 1984. Yep spitting image of Big Bev from Beverley near Leconsfield in Yorkshire. I blame the booze on that night too so I changed my beer and moved onto Hull for weekend exploits. Now if you can't shagged in Hull you really must be ugly as the birds outnumber the blokes easily 3 to 1.

Thanks
    Karma Level

im in the wrong job,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Talking of beer and that snorter in the photo, she reminds me of one of my exploits whilst doing my army driver training in 1984. Yep spitting image of Big Bev from Beverley near Leconsfield in Yorkshire. I blame the booze on that night too so I changed my beer and moved onto Hull for weekend exploits. Now if you can't shagged in Hull you really must be ugly as the birds outnumber the blokes easily 3 to 1.
    In the early 90's I was working for a firm that had an office in Hull. I used to LOVE going up there for the weekend