Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BBC Three in dramatic new thriller

Looks like some good shows on the horizon...and I agree with this point

these new dramas may not work, but if they die, they'll die trying
    BBC Three in dramatic new thriller

I have been known to moan about the sometimes parlous state of TV drama in this country. Now BBC Three announces that it's doing its level best to redress that parlousness. It has commissioned six new drama pilots that will air later this year, from both new and established authors. With a wide remit both dramatically and chronologically (the stories are set anywhere from present day onwards) these commissions throw caution to the wind big style. Said to be "the first step in the development of a new generation of youthful drama series for BBC Three," these new dramas may not work, but if they die, they'll die trying. Click over the fold for details.

Being Human follows three young flatmates and the traumas and tribulations of co-habiting. The extra challenge for them is that one of them is a vampire, one is a ghost, and the third is a werewolf. Written by Toby Whithouse (Doctor Who, Torchwood), Being Human films in September in the Bristol area.

Mrs Inbetweeny follows siblings whose parents are estranged from each other and are not around to care for their children. The only option is for their long lost uncle from the USA to bring them up. But when he arrives, he's no longer an uncle – he's now their pre-op transsexual aunt Emma (the part will be cast as a woman).
    Mrs Inbetweeny is written by Caleb Ranson and executive produced by Paul Abbott.
    From the mind of Gorillaz and Tank Girl creator, Jamie Hewlett, comes

Phoo Action – a futuristic kung fu live action drama. The year is 2012 and London is in the grip of mutant criminals. Only Terry Phoo, a Buddhist kung fu cop, and Whitey Action, an enigmatic young anarchist, can save the nation.
    Based on the comic strip Get The Freebies which appeared in The Face magazine, Phoo Action is written by Matthew Enriquez Wakeham, Peter Martin and Jessica Hynes.

Things I Haven't Told You is a dark thriller by young writer Lisa Mcgeeset in a sixth form of a school where every student has a dark secret and a twisted life. The story follows events after a girl's disappearance when an inquisitive light is shone onto her friends' movements.

W10 LDN is a drama penned by Noel Clarke (Kidulthood, Doctor Who), set on a housing estate in West London, about the lives, loves, ambitions and dreams of a group of young teenagers.

The Six follows a group of six teenage strangers from different walks of life whose lives interconnect in and around the streets of London. From the wrong and right side of the tracks, lives connect and unusual friendships form as sex, lies and intrigue await for the group.
    source

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BBC Three in dramatic new thriller

Phoo Action was alright, bit too silly for my liking, but I did enjoy Being Human, think it is still on BBC3 this week.

Think it is "The Six" on Monday

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Being Human was shite so I didn't bother with any of the others, BBC have lost the plot as was obvious when they gave a show to Lilly Allen!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watched Being Human first episode and it was ok. I think it's only a two parter though.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

stay away from phoo action id rather lick the bottom of my shoe after walking through the gents in a train station than watch that pap again its pathetic and one of the reasons why the revamp of bbc3 wont work, ive not seen any of the others though so cant really say about them but they cant be worse