Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Any share traders?

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Barring an explosion or fire at their site, imo it will easily be worth 150 within 4-5 months, and then probably 250 Q2 08.
    Unless we hit a reccession and then the oil prices will come down, meaning the share prices of the companies will come down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not really in this organisations case. A lot of their forecasted figures were when oil was at around $80 a barrell.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Ball View Post
    Nice one! upto 107. 106 was my breakeven point!
    Wait until the US traders read the news this afternoon.
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:

Thanks
    Karma Level

is it still worth buying hawk?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yup, without doubt. Take no notice of day to day falls gains, the company is solid as a rock and will make you good money.

I suggest doing some reading, they have a lot going on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

gunner can you recommend a company which i can buy the shares through, keep in mind i am new to this and dont want to pay monthly charges etc just one off fees in buying stock with one company is fine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i personally use my bank - hsbc, they charge £11.95 a trade. Other banks offer better service - e.g. barclays. £11.95 a trade, but if you do several in one month it comes down to £6.50 a trade. Hargreaves lansdown are also a good company and are highly recommended.
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by amepani View Post
    gunner can you recommend a company which i can buy the shares through, keep in mind i am new to this and dont want to pay monthly charges etc just one off fees in buying stock with one company is fine.
    I would agree with QBall, your bank will be your best best - or find a stockbroker (I used Wills & Co for a while and they were pretty good).

I tend to use TDW as it is very good, but there might be a quarterly charge (only small) if you are not holding a few grand in the account.

On a side note, HAWK are having a strong day, as ar MRP, my Vegas spending money is ticking up as I type. Happy days.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey i ended up getting an account with Hargreaves lansdown, i am new to this and was looking around and noticed Carphonewarhouse has dropped .22 today. Am i right in thinking if i buy some now it will go up when the new iphone comes out because will be buying.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think cpw are due to announce there full year results soon and pay dividends if any. I too am new to this but have noticed that after dividends are announced and paid out, the share price normally drops slightly. CPW are a recomended buy on nearly all channels i have seen, but with the way the market is now, I personally feel they will drop a bit more before things get better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm, I read today that CPW is struggling as TalkTalk is not doing so well. You can generally pick up most shares slightly cheaper after a dividend, but its a more long term investment.
    I guess it all boils down to the classic share question of 'how long is your strategy'.

Any FTSE listed company will be a generally safer bet than an AIM listed one.

Some tips for you.

MRP - some big news today, share price has not reacted. Expect to see some director purchasing shortly which will trigger this one. Target price 15p short term (inside 3 months).

CHL - Are producing a load of coal in Indonesia, with China and India wanting the supply, prices could go up. Its at about 73.5, due some news that could add 10p to that value.

IVE - I do not know much about this company apart form the fact they have a lot of warrants to drill for O&G (Oli and Gas), they have struck on a few wells, with plenty more to go, which should impact the price substantially.

Good luck all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by amepani View Post
    hey i ended up getting an account with Hargreaves lansdown, i am new to this and was looking around and noticed Carphonewarhouse has dropped .22 today. Am i right in thinking if i buy some now it will go up when the new iphone comes out because will be buying.
    not trying to offend you, but if you are making your decisions based on such a simplistic level you will lose all your money.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by honestDave View Post
    not trying to offend you, but if you are making your decisions based on such a simplistic level you will lose all your money.
    Spot on. You need to look at the bigger picture. The Carphone Warehouse is a massive organisation, and have all sorts of other variables that will effect the share price.

Things you need to look out for are companies that might be attractive for bigger companies to buy, as theyw will have to pay a premium on the share price to have an offer accepted (generally).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Would reccomend Goldman Sachs again - they've just dipped pre quarter announcement (which shouldn't be bad) and S+P are rating them as a good buy/should be @ 200 ish within 12 months.

As for hawk (decided I may as well make a punt), not sure what my trader was doing when they bought for me (although did say put it in at market) but I got stung by 1+% above market rate. Still they're up from what I paid is the main thing I guess.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info on Carphone Warehouse as of today

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...%7D&dist=msr_1

LONDON (MarketWatch) - Shares of Carphone Warehouse fell as much as 19% in London on Thursday after Europe's largest independent phone retailer said broadband revenue may be lower than anticipated this year, as markets dismissed the group's 76% increase in annual profit.
    Net income for the year to the end of March improved to 117.6 million pounds ($230 million), or 12.4 pence a share, from 67 million pounds, or 7.1 pence a share, earned in the year-earlier period.
    Sales climbed 12% to 4.47 billion pounds as the number of connections rose 15% to 11.5 million.
    But it wasn't all good news. Carphone (UK:CPW: news, chart, profile) said it added fewer new fixed-line broadband customers than anticipated since April 1, and attributed the shortfall because to the slumping U.K. housing market and the success of its mobile broadband offering. Should the trend continue, the company would have to lower its outlook, it said.
    The British housing market has been on a downward slump for months now, as potential buyers find it difficult to obtain mortgages due to the tight credit conditions. Fears that more and more home owners could slip into negative equity -- when a home is worth less than the mortgage against it - are also growing.
    That situation is having a knockdown effect on Carphone.
    Chart of UK:CPW
    "One of the key times people think of changing broadband providers is when they move home. Fewer people are moving because of the state of the housing market. So that's having an impact," Chief Executive Charles Dunstone told analysts on a conference call.
    He said lower fixed-line broadband additions were also due to some cannibalization from the mobile broadband offering, which offers instant gratification.
    "It's a new low-hassle way of getting broadband," he said.
    Carphone Warehouse as a general rule makes a bigger profit out of fixed-line broadband subscribers than mobile ones.
    Societe Generale analysts said that awhile the broadband slowdown was an "unwelcome surprise," higher sales of mobile broadband and higher margins should allow the company to maintain its forecast for the year
    Shares of Carphone dropped 7% in London morning trading. They have lost 28% over the past three months.
    Pre-paid contracts appeal in current climate
    Coming back to the outlook, Carphone Warehouse said that while it has seen no change to its business' fundamentals so far, the general economic environment invites much caution.
    "We remain cautious in our outlook for the year ahead, given the poor economic climate and inflationary pressures on European consumers," it said in a statement.
    Dunstone also mentioned on the call that some suppliers and retailers are seeing an increase in demand for pre-paid phones rather than contracts as people struggle to pay their bills and want more control over their expenses from one month to the other.
    In the past two years Carphone has expanded into fixed and mobile broadband in order to reduce its dependence on the retail side of its business.
    Last month it agreed to sell a 50% stake in a venture holding its stores to U.S.-based Best Buy Co. (BBY:
    BBY
    News, chart, profile, more
    Last:

Delayed quote data
    Add to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alert
    Insider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    BBY, , ) . The cash will go towards expanding high-speed Internet services.
    In recent months Carphone has also continued migrating broadband customer to its own network rather than lines rented from BT Group. The company said that almost 80% of its customers will be on its own network by March 2009.
    On the merger and acquisition front, Carphone declined to say whether it was still interested in acquiring Italian broadband operator Tiscali

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yea, I mentioned that might be the case in a previous post.

Thanks
    Karma Level

any idea what happened to hawk today? 10% drop - whole market had a major bad day today!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just a bad day all round Q. Oil has been dipping a bit. I know when there is money involved it is tempting to look at day to day movement, but it should correct itself very shortly.

HAWK always does well on a Friday, I have used this dip to add more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

gunner, mate - those shares are a dog

Just dropped a shit load, although reading what's being said atm about them I'm tempted to buy a few more, although could see them dipping a little further first.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Right im a newbie, i have some cash.. couple of hundred how does this work? i work for capita and can get shares cheap.. would this be good to go for? alos HAWK.. how much should i put in for decent returns say in 6 months... and where do i trade for not much money. I dont want to pay monthly fees

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast