Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default When being a cheapskate costs more...

I grabbed a recent deal on P&O ferries, basically 20 quid return ferry, including bogof breakfast and a case of gallo californian wine.

I hit the supermarket and really enjoyed the day out... so much so that i grabbed another trip I though fuck it, 20 quid... bargain !

On the second trip i decided to go to dover via A3, M25 then M20

I missed the A3/M25 exit had to turn back, running late so i had to boot it.

On the way there the temp gauge lit up on the dash, i slowed down a bit ad it went off.

This week the engine has sounded a bit grumpy when it forst started, i was putting it down to the cold. Yesterday, whilst in traffic smoke bellowed from under the bonnet. I pulled in to a garage and the expansion tank was empty, i filled it up and it overflowed with frothy white foam....

Me thinks ive shafted my engine

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: When being a cheapskate costs more...

been there :/

Thanks
    Karma Level

The other day I went to download Burnout Paradise from the old Newsgroups. I performed a quick search for Burnout, queued the files but unfortunately I was very busy at the time and didn't take much notice of what I was doing. Downloaded, burnt onto a Verb... fire up on the old 360 and.... it was Burnout Revenge. Some git had recently uploaded burnout revenge to the newsgroups... wtf?

Wasted verb 1!

In a huff, I quickly did another search for Burnout Paradise Pal (again in rushed, annoyed moment)... Found it, downloaded it , burnt it. Fired up on the 360, right game this time but it was the fucking french version!!!!!!!

Wasted Verb 2!!

In a real horrible mood now... I research for Burnout Paradise Pal and make sure its the fucking english version. Downloaded, burn it, Fired it up. It works... its English... the game is shit, hate driving around the city looking for bloody races. It annoyed the hell out of me after just 5 mins.

Wasted Verb 3!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ha Ha quality DG ....Thats made me laugh

Thanks
    Karma Level

haha MSDG

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    The other day I went to download Burnout Paradise from the old Newsgroups. I performed a quick search for Burnout, queued the files but unfortunately I was very busy at the time and didn't take much notice of what I was doing. Downloaded, burnt onto a Verb... fire up on the old 360 and.... it was Burnout Revenge. Some git had recently uploaded burnout revenge to the newsgroups... wtf?

Wasted verb 1!

In a huff, I quickly did another search for Burnout Paradise Pal (again in rushed, annoyed moment)... Found it, downloaded it , burnt it. Fired up on the 360, right game this time but it was the fu(king french version!!!!!!!

Wasted Verb 2!!

In a real horrible mood now... I research for Burnout Paradise Pal and make sure its the fu(king english version. Downloaded, burn it, Fired it up. It works... its English... the game is shit, hate driving around the city looking for bloody races. It annoyed the hell out of me after just 5 mins.

Wasted Verb 3!!!
    er... what the fuck does that have to do with being cheap costing more?

thats a simple case of being female.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I only have a 1mb broadband - that process took a period of 3 days. Considering the cost of the bloody leccy and the fact the verbs I was using came from a tub of premium "rip off" priced Verbs, I reckon it would have been cheaper to buy the orginal from ebay then chuck the fucking thing straight in the bin!

Anyway, in the same vein... what has a car breaking down got to do with saving money on ferries? Surely the car would have gone puff sooner or later anyway?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyway, in the same vein... what has a car breaking down got to do with saving money on ferries? Surely the car would have gone puff sooner or later anyway?
    point was i was caning it to catch a 20 quid ferry. i would have been better off not bombing it and saving the engine

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    point was i was caning it to catch a 20 quid ferry. i would have been better off not bombing it and saving the engine

Except it was on its way out anyway by the sound of it. Blown head gasket IMHO
    Cheers - Coin-Op

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wasted verb 1!

In a huff, I quickly did another search for Burnout Paradise Pal (again in rushed, annoyed moment)... Found it, downloaded it , burnt it. Fired up on the 360, right game this time but it was the fu(king french version!!!!!!!

Wasted Verb 2!!

In a real horrible mood now... I research for Burnout Paradise Pal and make sure its the fu(king english version. Downloaded, burn it, Fired it up. It works... its English... the game is shit, hate driving around the city looking for bloody races. It annoyed the hell out of me after just 5 mins.

Wasted Verb 3!!!

Moral of the story

Spoiler:
    Don't download stuff when you're on blob
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

How can you not have checked your expansion tank regularly most the guys i know treat their cars better than their girlfriends. Shit happens I guess

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by coin-op View Post
    Except it was on its way out anyway by the sound of it. Blown head gasket IMHO
    agree

just that thrashing it at high revs for two houra has almost certainly sped the process up

i'll do a compression test and see what is happening

oh well !