Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Man United Vs Aston Villa

pics says it all:

The title is ours this season

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Man United Vs Aston Villa

Unbelievable play today, anyone who has not seen it watch MOTD for some awesome skill and passing...

Spoiler:
    The 25 + yard back heel from Ronaldo to Rooney was amazing!!!!Think it was a volley too..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I gotta say Man U are absolutely awesome at the moment. The difference between them and the other top teams is that they destroy teams while others just win with 1 goal deficits. They fully deserve the title and I'm sad to say they play the prettiest football in country.

Not to mention Crissy-bwoy (Ronaldo) is easily the best player on the planet by a country mile and gets my vote for World Player of the Year.

All this coming from an Asrsenal supporter too

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not to take anything away from the rest of the team but the difference between man united and any other team is "ronaldo"
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    Not to take anything away from the rest of the team but the difference between man united and any other team is "ronaldo"
    so without ronaldo, aston villa = united?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by daz73 View Post
    Unbelievable play today, anyone who has not seen it watch MOTD for some awesome skill and passing...

Spoiler:
    The 25 + yard back heel from Ronaldo to Rooney was amazing!!!!Think it was a volley too..

Ha, that was a fluke lad.......

though everything he touches turns to gold.................unfortunately

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i reckon that was meant for evra on the left, but apart from that the guy is amazing and has managed to stay injury free which is amazing for a player that invites wayward challenges just by the shear nature of his skill

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yesterday I saw a player who I now believe is going to be the next true superstar of world football. Ronaldo is the man to pick up the mantle from Zidane, and my only hope is he stays at United! The man is truly awesome, and if he fails to pick up every single award going this year - and I mean at UEFA / FIFA level then there really is something very fishy going on. Its not that he's better than everyone else, he is MILES better than everyone else. Kaka and Messi don't even come close at the moment.

As for the team performance - that was a magnificent display. To be playing football like that in those weather conditions is incredible. The passing was sublime. Carrick for me has come into his own since Xmas, he was winning balls and passing them into attack with amazing skill. Rio and Vidic look almost unbeatable, Evra has to be the best left back in the league at the moment. Heck, even Rooney scored 2

Special mention for Giggs. Thought he was excellent yesterday, and just 12 more appearances needed to break the all time appearance record for United. It won't happen this season, obviously, but he will break it early next season. What a man.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    and the protection he gets from referees.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    and the protection he gets from referees.
    yeah, like the protection he got last week when he was scythed down by Carrager in the box and play was waved on

Ronaldo is the most fouled player in the PL, and yet the referees miss so much. He is also I reckon the most kicked at player in the PL (though this is supposition on my behalf), and the referees conveniently decide not to award anything. He is far from protected by referees, but if anything he should be! We need to encourage our kids to play like Ronaldo because he is quite simply the most exciting and skillful player this planet has seen since Zidane, and he is performing WAY above the level Zidane was at the same age, so god knows what he may develop into. But he won't develop if he gets kicked at every opportunity - or at least, he will develop, but not in this country, which would not only be a crying shame for United, but actually for English football as a whole.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Yesterday I saw a player who I now believe is going to be the next true superstar of world football. Ronaldo is the man to pick up the mantle from Zidane, and my only hope is he stays at United! The man is truly awesome, and if he fails to pick up every single award going this year - and I mean at UEFA / FIFA level then there really is something very fishy going on. Its not that he's better than everyone else, he is MILES better than everyone else. Kaka and Messi don't even come close at the moment.

In a way I agree, but I always think why can't he do it in big games against big teams.

I think this is why Kaka and Messi seem to get more plaudits, Kaka performs at the highest level against the best teams in Europe.

Like I said Ronaldo is amazing at the minute and nothing can be taken away from the amazing season he is having. (see if he turns up against Roma, Arsenal and whoever else you play in the Champions League (if you get past Roma).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LFC Muppet View Post
    In a way I agree, but I always think why can't he do it in big games against big teams.
    Can't do what exactly? He's scored against one of the two biggest rivals we have for domestic honours in Arsenal and scored in a derby-of-sorts against your shower of shite this season, or did you mean a bigger game domestically?

..and for good measure: 6 goals in the European Cup so far, making him top scorer along with Messi. Kaka has 2 having had more minutes on the pitch than both.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was gonna say something along the same lines why does everyone hark on about him not doing anything in big games as he does, many times we have been on the end of an unfair result like arsenal in a final when ronaldo tore them a new arse but we lost the game on pens so that means he didnt perform? Its bollocks

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's also the minor fact of teams man marking him with more than one player. And the better the team, the better the markers, and he's still only just turned 23. Like I said, where exactly was Zidane at 23? Still at Bordeaux and not setting the world alight. Ronaldo has a lot to learn, but I have no doubt at all that he will learn it. Last season looked like being a fluke, a totally amazing season, but this year he's improved, and improved a lot. People have been rightly critical in the past that he disappears in games, but is that true now? I guess tonight and the remainder of the season may go some way to proving / disproving that, but you cannot take away the fact that he has had an incredible season, and without his displays - in the league AND in Europe - we wouldn't be where we are.

As for Kaka showing up for the big games - does he show up for the small ones? AC Milan are a long, long way off the pace in Serie A, and he's notched up only 14 goals in 34 appearances, Ronaldo has 38 in 44, both play from midfield in an attacking capacity. For me, Kaka is no doubt an incredibly gifted player, but he's not the sort who will be remembered for setting the world alight, he's not a Zidane, Platini, Cruyff, Best, Maradona - and for me, I think Ronaldo has this potential. Can it be realised? Well, he's at the right club to do it, and not playing for one of the "major" international teams didn't stop Cruyff or Platini (at the time). The kid has everything.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dave208 View Post
    Can't do what exactly? He's scored against one of the two biggest rivals we have for domestic honours in Arsenal and scored in a derby-of-sorts against your shower of shite this season, or did you mean a bigger game domestically?

..and for good measure: 6 goals in the European Cup so far, making him top scorer along with Messi. Kaka has 2 having had more minutes on the pitch than both.

He goes missing in the big games.

He was really quiet against us both times, only keeping errors allowed him to get a goal, apart from that was he on the pitch. Anderson has outshone him by miles on both occasions against us. I can't really comment on the Arsenal game, but from people I work with, they also think he needs to up his game in big games.

He may have scored a few in Europe, but Man Utd's fantastic football will tear most lower European teams apart.

Like I have said he is definitely the best player I have seen this season, but I think if Kaka, Messi or even Torres was in the Man Utd team at the minute, they would be just as good if not better.
    Last edited by LFC Muppet; 1st April 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hate ronaldo with a passion but it still doesnt blind me to the fact that he's a fuckin awesome footballer. Some of the comments on here seem blind.

His record this season in domestic and european football is world class......FACT
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed - there are aspects of his game (the diving/cheating) that I detest, but he is a brilliant player and all these muppets that are slagging him off would have him in their team in an instant.
    Cheers - Coin-Op

Thanks
    Karma Level

he is also extremley strong in the air and has scored a fair few headers this season, its not all about fancy footwork with him his overall game is better this year including his distribution. look at the cross for rooney at newcastle few weeks back and again this week for tevez, he can do the winger stuff as well as score goals for fun. In the cup against us he was quiet but still managed two goals to send us packing.

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This lad is off to Real Madrid in the summer. More money ...home just across the border and a bigger club. He's obviously played out of his skin this season to stick himself in the shop window. I have to applaud him I think he will get want he wants

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    This lad is off to Real Madrid in the summer. More money ...home just across the border and a bigger club. He's obviously played out of his skin this season to stick himself in the shop window. I have to applaud him I think he will get want he wants
    wake up Thalamus. I SAID WAKE UP!! You're dreaming again sunshine!!! Ronaldo isn't going anywhere. Why would you leave the best team in the world, with the biggest fanbase, and who will again next season reclaim their position as the richest club in the world? United can pay him MORE than Real Madrid, because we have more money than they do. The spanish league isn't half as exciting, and he wouldn't be surrounded by several of the best young players in the World - Rooney, Tevez, Anderson, Nani. Plus - and this is a point most people miss - Ronaldo and Ruud van Nistelrooy do not get on at all. Ronaldo was one of the key reasons Ruud left United.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast