Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 MI6: Gaming 2020 - The Top 5 Quotes

From gamasutra.com:

* 1. Peter Moore, EA Sports: "I think we have to look East for indications of where this business is going. We're going to have to practice creative destruction quickly..." As for the retail/console model being the future: "We're kidding ourselves."
    * 2. Alex St. John, Wild Tangent: "I think you'll see the console business is gone by [2020]... one reason is that there's a game which is the most profitable game in history, it's World Of Warcraft. More and more games will move to community models."
    * 3. Nolan Bushnell, NeoEdge: "Traditional banquets with gaming, in the 10th and 12th century always had food and drink with them... so the living room, I think, of 2020, will likely have some kind of interactive coffee table. There will probably be an internet connection to some PC."
    * 4. Kathy Vrabeck, EA Casual: "I think in 2020 we will not be making games accessible for the people we think of today... in 12 short years we've moved to 30% of the business being online and mobile? Is that a stretch to say it'll be 50% 12 years from now? I don't think so."
    * 5. Laurent Detoc, Ubisoft: "If we make things very accessible and enlarge the population, we will have a very diverse population... nobody in my office knows my mom as a consumer, but if she starts buying games they're going to have to... that's really not 2020, it's right now."
    Last edited by Bald Bouncer; 10th April 2008 at 12:49 PM.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.