Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Estate Agents are useless!

I had a couple of viewing's on a house up here in Scotland which I loved. It needed a lot of work on it but that didn't scare me off only the price the vendor was asking for it.

Anyway I put in a couple of offers which I actually reduced after adding up exactly how much it would cost to put right. My conveyancers registered a note of interest on my behalf as you have to do up here. Basically what this means is if any other bids come in then the Estate Agents have to inform you.....or so I thought.

Last week I got a phone call from the Estate Agents asking me if I was interested in the house going to a closing date. This means you put in your best bid and immediately after the closing date the highest bidder wins. I was prepared to put in that wee bit extra even though I knew I would be paying over the odds.

I called the Estate Agents today to ask about any progress and they told me the vendor had accepted a bid and it was now 'under offer'! I was furious with them because:

1. The estate Agents never had the common courtesy to pick up the phone and inform either me or my solicitors even though I had registered a note of interest.
    2. If they had then I would have increased my offer and perhaps won the bid, even though I would be paying over the odds in my opinion.

Maybe I'll reflect back in a few days and be glad I lost out but I'm just furious with the Estate Agents in how they handled it. Hopefully now the prices here will start to drop and I'll get a better deal.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Estate Agents are useless!

I agree mate most of them are schysters!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They are all like this.. i had problems with a few.. one house i put a bid in of 120,000 and they rejected because before that i put 110,000.. accpeted the other persons 120,000 and then 3 months later asked if i was interested still cheeky bastards

Thanks
    Karma Level

There are more rules and regulations for opening an off-licence than there is opening your own estate agency.

Hopefully the cowboys out there will suffer due to the current housing market.

Bastards.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't you just hate people that don't read your post properly before throwing in their tuppence worth?

This is from another forum I posted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Yes I dislike some of them.

However, you'd given them your final offer and it was'nt enough. Why would they waste time informing you of other offers, afterall if you had put in the highest offer and then found out the agents had gone to the other interested parties to conduct a dutch auction and then you lost out............

Really, try and see it from all angles not just your own
    I don't think your getting this mate.

I put in an offer, not my final offer which the vendor refused. I obviously was wanting it for the cheapest price for me. I was prepared to add a little bit extra on top of my original offer so I was waiting for the Estate Agent to get back to me and they never did. If they had like they had said they would then I was about to add an extra £2000 to my original offer. However that never happened and I lost out.

Does this help?

What a cock!
    Last edited by Argyll; 11th April 2008 at 12:25 PM.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    Don't you just hate people that don't read your post properly before throwing in their tuppence worth?

I put in an offer, not my final offer which the vendor refused. I obviously was wanting it for the cheapest price for me. I was prepared to add a little bit extra on top of my original offer so I was waiting for the Estate Agent to get back to me and they never did. If they had like they had said they would then I was about to add an extra £2000 to my original offer. However that never happened and I lost out.

Does this help?

What a cock!
    I hope that forum has the equivalent of our flame pit Argyll, if so you could take him in there and kick his ass

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Flame Re: Estate Agents are useless!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    I agree mate most of them are schysters!
    Don't you mean Scoucers.....

Robbing gits...!!!!!

I await your flames...!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post

Does this help?

What a cock!
    Call him a cunt and run away!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Annoying I know mate, but might be a good thing in the long run.

It's quite widely believed that now is the absolute worst time to buy (granted, Scotland might be different). Give it 6 months and you can hopefully get yourself a better bargain

Shooooooo-ryuken!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sorry to hear it m8 in one respect but i think he done u a favour.......
    in a few months the prices are still going to drop and ull get a real good deal
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 