Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 4-5 nights relaxing break.....

Any suggestions? Would like somewhere maybe in Italy or spain. Would like somewhere with a beach but not essential. Will be going mid May
    IMac, MacBook Pro, Ipad 2, Iphone 4, Iphone 3GS....Oh and a PC or 2 knocking about

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 4-5 nights relaxing break.....

Barcelona ?

A fantastic city in my opinion, with the added benefit of a beach!
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Amalfi Coast, Italy: Positano, Priano, Amalfi, Capri.
    You can visit nearby Sorrento if you find the local life a little too quiet. There's bags of restaurants, trattorias and bars. There is beaches and most of the hotels have pools too.
    Fly to: Naples.

Cote D'Azur, France: Juan Les Pins. Not as lively as it used to be and less so at this time of the year but a short flight, 30mins from the airport. You could either stay in the town, which means there's hundreds of bars and restaurants to choose from plus a long but shallow beach, or hire a car and explore the surrounding areas (Cannes, Grasse, Plascassier, Nice old town) all of which have some superb restaurants.
    Fly to: Nice

Are you taking the missus?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah its for her birthday, I do fancy Sorrento but rediculous prices to get there from Liverpool/Manchester.
    We have both been to Barcelona before so was looking for somewhere a bit different, was also looking at Valencia, anybody been?
    IMac, MacBook Pro, Ipad 2, Iphone 4, Iphone 3GS....Oh and a PC or 2 knocking about

Thanks
    Karma Level

Prague is amazing mate, I know its neither Italy or Spain but its proper fu(kin cheap when you get there and its a truly amazing city. No beach either.

The other place ive heard great things about recently is Sevilla, Not been myself but plan to next year

Failing any of those you cant beat a cheeky bit of Amsterdam

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok booked Madrid after refusing to be ripped off by Rayan air (£28 per bag check in) after a ridiculous amount of taxes and fee's...WTF ! !
    Anybody been, sights to see etc? Hope the weather is good

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wtaylor View Post
    Ok booked Madrid after refusing to be ripped off by Rayan air (£28 per bag check in) after a ridiculous amount of taxes and fee's...WTF ! !

You see the match last night?

That might give you an idea of the weather, Don't think it rains that bad in Manchester

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wtaylor View Post

I used to live in Madrid.

*If you rollerblade take them with you and head to Retiro park, even if you don't it's worth visiting for just walking around. A lot to see, a bit like Central Park in NY.
    * I'm not into art and such, but Prado is well worth the visit, you get a chance to actually see the art you studied in school, and appreciate it much more.
    * Go see Faro de Moncloa, nice view
    * Most pools are not open yet in May, summer starts in the spaniards opinion June 1st, hotels of course could be different.
    * Have a coffee or a copa de vino at Plaza Mayor.
    * If you can, go outside Madrid and visit El Escorial, simply amazing with lot's of nice little restaurants and coffee places around.
    * Don't use taxis, if you must use public transport, take the underground, it's cheap and gets you nearly to the front door of wherever you are going. Same thing when you land in Barajas, take the train, quick and cheap.
    * Do take the Madrid Vision bus tour, it is actually interesting and you see lots of nice places.
    * If you are there during a Sunday, then you MUST visit El Rastro, it's a MASSIVE fleamarket on the streets of Madrid, but there really are some good stuff to be found as well.
    * Have lots of tapas, and try out the spanish seafood (no, not Canary Islands seafood, but spanish)
    * Parque de Atracciones is good fun too, the amusement park of Madrid.

Have fun.
    Last edited by cronus71; 8th May 2008 at 02:40 PM.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”