Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Losin the gut...

Quote Originally Posted by Kushty View Post
    Yea I'm starting to think he's a troll. And still no answer to why he's been a member for so long but only started posting recently, WTF!

Maybe he used datacave or modshack more we share a lot of members.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LilacHarryQuinn View Post

surely if someone wants to put their opinion up that's what a section on a forum is for, and there was almost a discussion going on for a minute.
    That is exactly right mate. And I am all for discussion but when it's posted without research or even reading back a little it becomes very disruptive.

What I found odd about it was why in the past 5 years had he not offered any advice, (not so much as one single post) to other members. Then to suddenly kick into life and push his views (without reading back a little to see what had already been said) and to claim it's only to offer an alternative to members who may find the large amounts of cardio too much effort and off-putting. Surely if he knew that much or really was out to help our community he would have chipped in long before now?

I never knew the term "troll" in the online sense before today but it does sound like it's kind of fitting here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope I've opened the forum (this section at any rate) up to some debate, and I hope I can continue to do so. We're all here for enjoyment, learning and just passing the time of day and it's good we can keep it that way.

I'm not a troll, just perhaps a little opinionated but then aren't we all.

I've probably on the scene for quite a long time now, hence my forum age and I haven't posted a lot because I was posting elsewhere or just didn't want to. I hope that answers that one enough.

@Gern, I would say ditch the splits, full body's are the future!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry View Post
    I hope I've opened the forum (this section at any rate) up to some debate, and I hope I can continue to do so. We're all here for enjoyment, learning and just passing the time of day and it's good we can keep it that way.

I'm not a troll, just perhaps a little opinionated but then aren't we all.

I've probably on the scene for quite a long time now, hence my forum age and I haven't posted a lot because I was posting elsewhere or just didn't want to. I hope that answers that one enough.
    Good stuff I am always happy to learn and discuss but was just a little put out that you seemed to post before reading. No matter, water under the bridge now.

I look forward to reading and discussing more with you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice one, feelings mutual :thumbsup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    Good stuff I am always happy to learn and discuss but was just a little put out that you seemed to post before reading. No matter, water under the bridge now.

I look forward to reading and discussing more with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry View Post
    Nice one, feelings mutual :thumbsup:

Sounds like someone got a crush on big larry, its maybe the big in his name thats getting RR excited.

Larry seems to reciprocate this love, so were all happy now.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by diablos View Post
    so were all happy now.
    All of us? Or is someone a little jealous....?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    All of us? Or is someone a little jealous....?

Just a little

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought your old pic would be more appropriate Larry.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't seem to choose my own avatar, I think Raptor changed it to this

I have my old one (which I'd rather have) if you can upload it.
    Thoic - The friendly forums.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers, now I feel at home.

Thanks
    Karma Level

in fear of being chucked out i have a question.

i want to lose my gut, however for various reasons, which i wont go into here i cant do intense cardio workout, max 110bpm so how can i lose my gut?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Low intensity, high volume cardio (fast walk for instance) and a good diet with a good weights routine as well if you can.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd say a slow walk every day and diet would do it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol!! think this is why i always tend to put to one side any thoughts of getting into shape or improving my fitness levels!!

two answers two different bits of advice!! which one do you choose! although my volume aint so great either so fast walk, which would increase my BPM anyway wouldnt it? is probably out!

think its the same with the eating business eat carbs dont eat carbs, eat fat dont eat fat, same with protien.

its not like i have a lack of willing its just sooooo confusing!!!

crazy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cos of your bpm situation etc etc.

I'd say 45 mins walk every day come rain or shine.

Cut out booze, fast food, sweets, chocoalte crisps. Do this for a week and come back and tell us you've lost 3lbs

Easy peasy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm also trying to lose a little weight on my stomach. I'm not fat or overweight, I train at the gym 2-3 times a week using several programs that I've had tailored by trainers. Mainly on upper body and stomach with some emphasis on legs, but thats only really to improve my jumping for Capoeira, which I also train 1 or 2 times a week

For those that don't know what Capoeira is see the below video:

YouTube - ABADA-CAPOEIRA

I'm trying to tone my body all over really, but i have a layer of podge across my stomach that eclipses my stomach muscles, which are fairly tough, just hidden. Capoeira is very cardio based, but also requires a fair amount of muscle, so I'm not too keen on training too much cardio outside of Capoiera, as I don't want to burn off any more muscle than I have to.

Aside from that, I know my main problem is really my diet. I still live with my old man, and I work late which means he cooks, and his diet is appalling.

I have breakfast which is a bowl of cereal, normally crunchy nut.
    For lunch it'll be two homemade white bread rolls with flavoured chicken (tikka, piri piri) and mayo, and a chocolate bar.
    Evening meal will be anything of (Tuna Pasta, Lasagne, Buffalo Burgers, Chicken Fajita's, Roast Dinner, Steak Pie, Pork Chop, Sausage & Mash)

As of tomorrow, I'll be cutting out the chocolate bar and switching to an Apple instead. Should I avoid eating bread as well? I'm not a fan of salad and never really have time to prepare anything extravagant in advance.
    As for evening meals, I'm aware that a lot of the ones I've listed are completely the wrong things to eat. Are there any alternatives that anyone can suggest that I might be able to persuade my old man to eat as well?

Also, when looking at meals, what should I be looking to avoid? Saturated fats and carbs? And what levels should i be looking to consume?

Any advice is much appreciated!
    Last edited by Epiphany; 28th July 2008 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Levels depend on your size etc, to lose a bit of fat then aim for about 1600-1800 cals a day. 200-250g protein. Lose the sat fats, keep your carbs below 60g ish for the day. Supplement some fish oil tabs with each meal. Drink some green tea.

Eat chicken, tuna, salmon, cottage cheese, protein shakes, porridge, green veg.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@ Tam9: What happened mate? Did you commit to this and get some great results?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, theres a good and bad part of this. I'll start from the start....

From the outset I was destined for failure but a few things creeped in that made me more determined than ever to lose the gut and the small man boobs that I was carrying. So I went on a pretty good diet, meat being chicken, steak skinless and sauce with boiled veg. Weetabix for brekkie (I really couldn't stomach porridge), so I done the next best thing and went for oatabix, tasted nicer so I stuck with them.

My running has carried on but stopped since I went to turkey and not been out since I've been back on the 28th, but I'm starting again tomorrow when am at work on a lunch break.

There was a few reasons why I wouldn't update this thread was because I feared I'd get sucked into it all and not really benefit and be scared of what I would be trying to do. So I stepped back, read all the threads and kept up with them as much as I could as I had a BIG exam CCNP BSCI (cisco networking) that I had coming up and only had a few weeks left to study, oh I passed btw. So there was time restraints everywhere and getting everything ready for the holiday and wanting to look my best.

Well, drum roll, I got rid of a lot of the gut, even tho it wasn't massively big anyway, I got rid of a chunk of it by just saying no to shite and aye to healthy half decent stuff. For dinner I'm now taking into work (when I go back tomoz) pasta with tomato stir in and dropping in a few wee bits of chicken and a few fruits to pass the day.

So thats my update, I've had a healthy wee while and then a masssssive doss of mostly healthy food in turkey, mostley steak, chicken, pasta, and other sources of great food over there.

So I am still carrying on with this and I'm sure in the next couple of months it should be completely away as I've not been as committed as all you guys but I've been studying a helluva lot to get these exams done in double quick time as C&W are threatening a take over of the company, so you know how it is, stay ahead of the game or be left behind. I'm staying ahead.

And once again roach, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be in a much more healthier position where I can confidently can go out and run now knowing that I can do it and challenge myself more.

Cheers again,

Tam.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast