Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 GameSpot's 360 vs PS3 Graphics Comparison Part3

From gamespot.com:

A solid year's gone by since we ran our last Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3 graphics comparison. The differences between the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 have diminished with every passing batch of games, but some variation still exists between the two machines. Our first graphics comparison between the two consoles showed that the Xbox 360 looked better on most of the games, oftentimes drastically so. The second graphics comparison showed that the PlayStation 3 looked nearly as good as the Xbox 360 in some games, and actually looked better in a few as well. Now with both consoles well into their respective life cycles, developers have had plenty of time to figure out the nuances required to code beautiful games. With our third batch of games[Assassin's Creed, Orange Box, GTA 4, COD 4, Burnout Paradise, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, NFS Pro Street, Madden 08], the two machines seem evenly matched. The two trade blows on various games, each with its own set of advantages.

Conclusion
    After going through another eight games, we've found a few trends that follow both of these consoles around. Outside of Rainbow Six Vegas 2, our findings didn't show any drastic differences in image quality between the two consoles--nothing compared to what we found when we compared first-generation games in our original comparison feature. The PlayStation 3 generally lags behind the Xbox 360 in high-quality textures and the depth/normal maps that go with them. However, in the same games, the PlayStation 3 sometimes comes ahead with better shadowing and antialiasing. Games on the PS3 do tend to be blurrier than their Xbox 360 counterparts, but the PlayStation 3 games can look just as good as the Xbox 360 games when developers put some effort into it, as is evident with both Grand Theft Auto IV and Burnout Paradise. Overall, the PlayStation 3 outputs visuals that are either on par with the Xbox 360 or only slightly behind.
    Full Story: gamespot.com (8 pages)

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: GameSpot's 360 vs PS3 Graphics Comparison Part3

They all look very close. However I would say 360 still has the edge. But on a couple of pictures the PS3 does look a bit sharper.

Overall the 360 looks smoother in those pics compared to PS3.

But considering that the devs have had a year extra to get to grips with 360, PS3 looks quite good next to it!

I wouldn't mind seeing another comparison this time next year.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well i read this last week.. and tbh i dont really care ps3 all the way for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    well i read this last week.. and tbh i dont really care ps3 all the way for me
    with a gamerscore of 23k? I'd say you've spent plenty of time with the 360 already

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kjun View Post
    with a gamerscore of 23k? I'd say you've spent plenty of time with the 360 already
    yeah before i got the ps3 dont touch the xbox now

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They all look better on the 360 to me, the Sony graphics have more gamma and less detail, almost as if they have blurred the pictures to make them "prettier", I prefer the sharpness of the 360. However (and it's a biggy) all the time the 360 sounds like a pub toilet hand-dryer the PS3 will get my vote!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    They all look better on the 360 to me, the Sony graphics have more gamma and less detail, almost as if they have blurred the pictures to make them "prettier", I prefer the sharpness of the 360. However (and it's a biggy) all the time the 360 sounds like a pub toilet hand-dryer the PS3 will get my vote!
    i know what your saying mate, however......and this is a biggy for me, i dont like the ps pads. the 360 pads are sooooo much nicer to use and just sort of feel right.
    This is one of the main reasons ive stuck with the 360 and not got a ps3(yet)
    Not only that, the games are a lot cheaper on 360, (i mean retail) so i will stick with turning up the sound on the tv lol to drown it out.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm with you on the pads, i've never understood some peoples fetish for the Sony controller, the 360 is much more ergonomic, I HAVE got big hands though.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Your totally right there - the Xbox 360 is fantastic until you put a disc into it and it just seems to get ready to take-off your desk.

But I tried the PS3 and wasn't much of a fan... I loved the original PSX and then the N64... but the PS2 I didn't like at all, and the Gamecube was only good for Mario Kart - the original Xbox was dreadful (But now the best media centre ever) but I got the Xbox 360 and thought I'd give it a go... never looked back since - I love my 360!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

at the minute the 360 has the edge on the ps3 graphic wise but all round ps3 hands down wins for me
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Thanks
    Karma Level

ps3 all the way for me
    I thought you was takin the piss in previous posts..

what on earth made you love the ps3 more than the 360?
    [live=W4RH34D]W4RH34D[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

same here have both but the 360 never gets a looking, even bought cod4 for the ps3 even though i had a "backup" for the 360! then again im addicted to warhawk so i maybe a nutter