Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Anyone here used BIW?

Reason I ask is that I landed myself a job yesterday, poor money, long travel, but will be great experience for the future - basicaly I'm happily gonna become one of capitalism's bitches for a bit.

Interview went brilliantly, told the truth and the guy was pleasantly surprised by me but there is one problem. When I was putting my cv together, someone advised to say I have used BIW document control which tbh I have never even seen before.

I probably have a week before I start in which I want to learn a bit about biw. Does anyone know of any good resources on the web which I can use? Failing that, I would love to meet a df member or have a little chat on the phone to explain the basics to me. As this will help me make money, it's only fair I pay something for your time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone here used BIW?

WTF is BIW ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

BIW is web based document control s/w. My understanding is that it is basically just a big electronic archive so hopefully shouldn't be too hard.

I think this page gives some info on what I'm on about.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It sounds similar to a system I use at work, called Twexnet. From what I read on the BIW page it's basically the same with almost as many features as BIW.

Not sure if it will be much help to you as it is not going to be exactly the same but you never know.
    PSN - ThirtyQuidKid

Social Networking Bookmarks