Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Blind seven-year-old beaten to death for failing to learn the Koran

Blind seven-year-old beaten to death for failing to learn the Koran

By Massoud Ansari in Islamabad
    Last updated: 6:14 PM BST 31/05/2008

The parents of a blind seven-year-old who was sent to a religious school in Pakistan have told how he was hung by his feet from a ceiling and beaten to death after failing to memorise the Koran.

The parents of Mohammed Atif admitted that they had ignored their son Mohammed's repeated complaints about abuse at the madrassah.
    Police in the Punjab province said that Mohammed's religious teacher, Qari Ziauddin, was now in custody charged with torturing and murdering the boy on Thursday.
    Police said Ziauddin, whose title "Qari" signifies he is a mullah, had suspended the boy from a ceiling fan for an hour before he beat him. When he realised how badly Mohammed was hurt, he apparently fled instead of taking him to hospital.
    The boy's body was not discovered until the next day when fellow pupils, including Mohammed's cousin, realised he had not slept in his bed. They searched the madrassah and found his battered corpse in Ziauddin's room.
    An autopsy concluded that Mohammed, who was blind from birth, died of severe head injuries and also found marks of "physical torture" on his body. Police said the fatal blow might have been caused by Ziauddin dropping the boy when he cut him down from the fan.
    According to the boy's father, the teacher had previously smashed him over the head with an iron rod, cutting him so badly that he needed stitches.
    "We got the boy treated and wanted to pull him out of the madrassah but we decided to readmit him after the teacher said he would show some mercy to the boy," Mohammed's father Fayyaz Ahmed, 35, said. "We really did not expect him to go so far after he reassured us."
    Mohammed was sent to the school eight months ago in the hope that he would become a Hafiz-e-Quran - a scholar who wins great respect by memorising the whole of the Koran.
    "We kept pushing him to go because we wanted him to become a religious scholar," sobbed his mother Gulzar Bibi, 28. "We thought he was making the stories up like kids usually do to avoid going to school."
    "We thought he would be the key to our emancipation on the day of the judgment," she added.
    The killing has sparked concerns for the welfare of the 1.5 million students in the country's 13,000 madrassahs, which are regarded as potential recruiting grounds for al-Qa'eda and the Taliban.
    In 2002 President Pervez Musharraf responded to international concerns by ordering madrassahs to adopt a more modern curriculum. But religious hardliners have stymied many of the reforms, and their refusal to allow state regulation has also seen the schools develop an reputation for child abuse.
    While officialdom often turns a blind eye, the sheer brutality of the latest case has led the new prime minister, Yousuf Raza Gilani, to order an inquiry.
    Police said the other children who attend the Qari Latif madrassah in Vihari, 150 miles southwest of Lahore, have all been withdrawn.
    Investigators said Ziauddin had admitted the assault and claimed such brutality was normal. "We punish students who don't learn their lessons," he told detectives. "We used to get similar beatings when we were studying in the same schools. It is not uncommon."

Story from Telegraph News:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...the-Koran.html

This is really shocking , Catholic priests sexually abusing choir boys is one thing but this is in a league of its own.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Blind seven-year-old beaten to death for failing to learn the Koran

Fair enough. Kids today are fucking lazy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Fair enough. Kids today are fu(king lazy.
    not funny

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just proves that religious leader/teachers right across the world, just love to abuse kids!!
    Must be part of the job requirement...
    No way would i leave any kid of mine with any of these potential sickos!

I hope they stone this fucker to death!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bet he never seen that coming.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

should do it in this country ! but not for learning that koran shite but for failing to read latin and greek !!
    islam and christianity are the worse religions for subjugation in the world!!
    Last edited by DelTrotter; 8th June 2008 at 05:34 PM.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

He already split his head with an iron bar and it needed stitches, and they sent him back!?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

what sort of parents are they???
    twats
    www.facebook.com/bigbadleo
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

May be they should send asbo's to this school

Thanks
    Karma Level

Adolf, we need you

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've known muslims who've been brought up in this country who've sat round joking about the beats they got when younger whilst at their religous education classes (sorry can't remember the right name).

As much as they didn't seem mentally scarred by it, even the stories I heard from them made me feel uneasy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Fair enough. Kids today are fu(king lazy.
    Your posts are top notch

- aside from that, more shocking that this story ...

The fact that reading shit like this does not phase me anymore, its almost as if i expect to read about it.

The shocking element of evil in the world passed along time ago.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly Spenny mate. It's the same old nasty shite in the news 24-7. I'm either gonna been flabagasted and upset everyday or surf the sea of shit and make light of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another case proving that Muslims can be animals. That's not my opinion or a racist comment - its a statistical fact.

Thanks
    Karma Level

whilst we cant all tarnish them with the same brush id say a lot of things like this happens in other countries.

anyway now im off to beat my wife cos she was 2 steps behind me instead of 10
    Signature Removed: Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not going to make that mistake again. Is he?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Another case proving that Muslims can be animals. That's not my opinion or a racist comment - its a statistical fact.
    They'll have to go a long way to beat the man who imprisoned his daughter for 24 years, fathering 7 kids with her.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can bet he knew all the words to the bob the builder song though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So much for a peaceful religion. Fucking cunts doing that.