Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Premiership transfer rumors

Now we all know 99% of this stuff is just speculation so I'm just posting a few rumors here to get some feedback from fans so here goes:

Who? - Fernando Torres
    Where is he? - Liverpool
    Who is he linked with? - Chelsea
    Liverpool have again dismissed speculation linking Chelsea with a mega-money move for Spain international striker Fernando Torres this summer. The 24-year-old is currently on international duty at Euro 2008 and has already been mentioned as a possible target for Chelsea, even before they appointed Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new manager. However, Reds chief executive Rick Parry told the Liverpool Echo: "The only interest we have had in Fernando Torres seems to have been generated by certain newspapers. We have certainly had no contact whatsoever from Chelsea. Any speculation suggesting otherwise is categorically untrue. But if they were to make contact they would receive a very short answer. Fernando Torres is not for sale." Torres himself added on the club's official website: "I have no intention of leaving. I want to say very clearly that I'm not on the market and it is my desire to continue at Liverpool. I am very happy at Liverpool and want to carry on."

Who? - David Villa
    Where is he? - Valencia
    Who is he linked with? - Almost everyone
    Valencia remain desperate to keep hold of star striker David Villa for next season, despite interest from a number of top clubs across Europe. The 26-year-old Spain international started Euro 2008 with a hat-trick against Russia, meaning Los Che can hold out for a major offer for their in-form frontman. Club director Juan Sanchez told Las Provincias: "This player is not on the market. I have demanded continuity in regards to Villa and also David Silva and I am confident that I will get it. The club have made it clear that the pair are not for sale. They are key to my plans for the future and their absence would be a major problem. It is normal that the big European clubs are interested in Villa, but we are determined to fight to keep him in Valencia." Sanchez had earlier told The Sun: "We are calm and we hope he will continue to score many goals. You never know what will happen if we get offers, but it's not a question of putting a price on him. What will come in the future will be assessed then."

Who? - Emmanuel Adebayor
    Where is he? - Arsenal
    Who is he linked with? - AC Milan
    Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has vowed to ignore interest from AC Milan to stay with the Gunners next season. The 24-year-old Togo international has scored 46 goals in 105 appearances for the Gunners since his arrival in January 2006, with his fine recent form sparking interest in him from the Rossoneri. However, despite comments from his representative suggesting that he could move on, Adebayor insists he will stay put in north London. He told The Sun: "My future with Arsenal has never been in doubt and I want to assure fans I will be here for many years. My agent has met with coach Arsene Wenger about a new deal and I am happy about how the talks are going, so fans can rest assured." Adebayor's agent, Stephane Courbis, had earlier told the Corriere dello Sport: "The player is fine at Arsenal, but when Milan come in for you it's difficult to tell them no. I know that Milan have contacted Arsenal and now everything depends on what Arsenal want to do. I know that Milan are one of the biggest clubs in the world and, when they want to take you, you have to really consider it. It's difficult to say no to Milan."

Who? - Gareth Barry
    Where is he? - Aston Villa
    Who is he linked with? - Liverpool
    Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has conceded it will be difficult to keep hold of Gareth Barry, but has warned Liverpool that his captain will not leave unless a sufficient bid is received. Villa have already rejected two bids for the England international from the Anfield club, with the second believed to have been worth around 15million. Barry has told his manager that he wants to join the Reds, but O'Neill is adamant that his 27-year-old club captain will only be allowed to leave Villa Park if Liverpool up their offer. O'Neill had previously reacted angrily to the Reds' first approach for the services of the versatile midfielder, slamming Anfield counterpart Rafa Benitez for his public statements of intent. "It might be difficult (to keep hold of him)," he told the BBC. "Gareth and I had a little chat when he got back from holiday and he has said he would fancy going to Liverpool. That's obviously a big setback to us, but the offer from Liverpool is just not acceptable. It's very frustrating. He's been a splendid player for us for some considerable time and we want to try and improve because the club are capable of doing that. But if Manchester United are struggling to keep hold of (Cristiano) Ronaldo then the rest of us are in a bit of trouble. It's difficult but if we have to go on without Gareth Barry then we'll still have a go (at breaking into the top four)."

Who? - Sergio Ramos
    Where is he? - Real Madrid
    Who is he linked with? - Manchester United
    Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has admitted he is flattered following reports linking him with a move to Manchester United. The versatile Spain international has reportedly been targeted by Sir Alex Ferguson as the ideal man to bolster his defence as he can play at either right-back or centre-half. The 22-year-old has been one of Real's most consistent performers in each of their last two title-winning seasons following a €27million move from Sevilla in 2005. But despite admitting he is happy the Bernabeu, the 34-times capped international has suggested that a move to Old Trafford would interest him. "It is a good sign that such big teams are interested in me, but not I have no ideas about that," said Ramos. "I have a good contract with Madrid and I am focussed on the Spanish team. When the European Championships finish we can see what happens." United have also been linked with a move for Ramos' Real Madrid team-mate and Brazil international forward Robinho.

Portugal international Deco has dismissed talk he has already been contacted by Chelsea over a transfer to the club.
    The Barcelona star will leave the Nou Camp in the summer and with his international manager Luis Felipe Scolari signing on at Stamford Bridge this week, many have speculated Deco will be on his way too.

However, the midfielder explained: "I've not signed anything with Chelsea nor have I held any meetings in Dubrovnik with Abramovich."

Now as a Liverpool fan I would just like to say the following:

Chelsea - fuck off lol Torres isn't for sale...and even if we were going to sell him...which we arent, it definately wouldnt be to a premiership rival

As for barry the deal looks virtually done, which IMO would be a very good signing as he links up with gerrard fantastic...also looks like alonso is on his way out tho

Dont know what you other guys make of these rumors?

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. - Bill Shankly

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Premiership transfer rumors

Torres to Chelsea....Fook Off
    Barry to Liverpool....Fook Off if we pay 18-20m for him

And

Villa to Everyone....well lets hope its liverpool

the rest i dont give a fook

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hope we get ramos though, think hes a fantastic player and very consistently good too. Nice to see that out of all the talk he didnt say no He said lets see what happens after the euro's

Thanks
    Karma Level

ronaldo-stoke city
    deco-stoke city
    villa-stoke city
    beckham-stoke city
    rio-stoke city
    wes brown (cos we anit got a ginger)-stoke city

i heard this off a tramp this morning ,he was recked by the way when he told mr akka and high on lsd---jammy (unt.

COME ON STOKE COME ON STOKE
    Last edited by BOYYAKKA; 15th June 2008 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by petedalad View Post

As for barry the deal looks virtually done, which IMO would be a very good signing as he links up with gerrard fantastic...also looks like alonso is on his way out tho
    Dont be so sure about alonso, apparantly they wont pay the 16m Liverpool are asking for him and its broken down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post
    Torres to Chelsea....Fook Off
    Barry to Liverpool....Fook Off if we pay 18-20m for him

And

Villa to Everyone....well lets hope its liverpool

the rest i dont give a fook
    Torres would have a much better career at the likes of Chelsea or Man. he won't win dick with the bindippers. Like most of their seasons.

Oh wait - "This time next year....." Whatever lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Torres would have a much better career at the likes of Chelsea or Man. he won't win dick with the bindippers. Like most of their seasons.

Oh wait - "This time next year....." Whatever lol

Whats with the insults? bindippers? whats one of those?

is that what those die hard united fans call us? you know, the die hards who sing united all the way from wrexham

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. - Bill Shankly

Thanks
    Karma Level

Torres is going no where. We do not sell our best players, unlike that selling club in Manchester (not city).

Liverpool will sign Barry, and possibly Millner/Bentley - in an ideal world we would get Villa, but I doubt we will have the cash to splash.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Heard Milner and possibly nzogbia are on there way to liverpool. Weak rumours suggest crouch and riise will be heading the other way.

i think Torres would score more at united, but he is an incredible striker who would do well at any club. His work rate in the Euro's is sublime, and is a great team player. Liverpool won't seal him, just like united don't want to sell ronaldo. It ain't gonna happen, just united fans will try and provoke the liverpool ones.

zzzzzzz
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently 'Boro are not close to signing any fucker. Oh hang on, that's the same for us every bastard year!

The only certainty we have is that we will be fighting for our lives again this season.... It's all still McJoke's fault! I can't wait for him to take over Blackburn as it will mean at least one team might finish below us...
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

villa has said he does not want to leave spain, I am suiprised no berbatov rumours have started yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Torres is going no where. We do not sell our best players, unlike that selling club in Manchester (not city).
    So what you are saying is that our strategy is not working ?

LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by petedalad View Post
    Whats with the insults? bindippers? whats one of those?

is that what those die hard united fans call us? you know, the die hards who sing united all the way from wrexham
    hey it isn't our fault that we have a global fan base.

Im die hard and buy a season ticket every year for the last 10 years - even tho im in the USA - I give the seats away to other fans who cant usually afford to give them the experience.

I'm sorry you feel sad that you hate us just cus we are winners - and you are simply losers - but hey thats life

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im die hard and buy a season ticket every year for the last 10 years - even tho im in the USA - I give the seats away to other fans who cant usually afford to give them the experience.

I'm sorry you feel sad that you hate us just cus we are winners - and you are simply losers - but hey thats life

I can not see any Liverpool fan here mud slinging, we will leave that to the team that still sits in our shadow (for now).
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

then send a few down south

There are plenty of my friends who are Man U "supporters" and haven't been north of Watford. Even I have been to Old Trafford twice and I support Chelsea. A global fan base yes, true supporters no

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

WHo do you give the tickets away to? charity?

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    the team that still sits in our shadow (for now).
    Will they ever overhaul our league and european record ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    then send a few down south

There are plenty of my friends who are Man U "supporters" and haven't been north of Watford. Even I have been to Old Trafford twice and I support Chelsea. A global fan base yes, true supporters no
    You support Chelsea and think you can lecture about true supporters???

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

would eb interesting ramos at united.. ramos is a brilliant player

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by honestDave View Post
    You support Chelsea and think you can lecture about true supporters???
    wtf is that supposed to mean, I've supported them since I was a nipper and go to the games when I can. Alright I haven't got a season ticket mainly due to the fact that I can't afford one.

The point I was making is that a lot of the Man U fans live down south and have never been anywhere near Manchester and call themselves supporters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast