Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Roach-Rampino Progress Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    Lol, the room I have it in has a glass panelled door so she can see if I am getting any "extras"
    would she call you on it if you suddenly had that glass door frosted?

and about the masseuse, would you?

LilacHarryQuinn

I would, and i've never even seen her !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gurucurt View Post
    would she call you on it if you suddenly had that glass door frosted?

and about the masseuse, would you?
    Nope. Good body but not my taste in looks. She is a personal trainer too. Lovely girl though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

a photo of the masseuse is in order methinks, couldnt you get a sneaky one in (photo of course) !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Tuesday 22nd July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - incl. strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate juice, bananas, apples, raspberries, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 50gms whey protein powder).

1030hrs Shake - 50gms protein powder, 150gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

14.30hrs 250gms basmati rice with chilli prawns

1700hrs Protein shake - 50gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 1 banana, 75gms Extreme carbs.

2030hrs Dinner: turkey breast steaks, stripped and stir fried in a minute amount of olive oil and plenty of fresh veg.

Training: Did a TRX session. Warm up, squat to row for 1 minute. Then 20 squats, 20 upright rows, 20 face down squats, 20 press-ups. Repeated 3 times. Then 20 lunges each leg repeated twice. Then 20 single lunges (one leg out in front off the floor) each leg repeated twice. Then 12 sprint starts each leg repeated 3 times. Then did abs, leg raises 10 x straight, then 10 times twists repeated 3 times. Then did leg ups x 10.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 23rd July 2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to add dinner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Interesting, 150gms whey sounds a lot but i guess only about 350cals. Im very impressed at the early start and brekkie, damn im in a coma at 6.30 !

I think you have hit the nail on the head with cutting in that late eating is baaaad. How do you fight the hunger pangs tho? I would be circling the fridge every few minutes like a vulture......

LilacHarryQuinn

Roach would you do me a favour please and post up the calorie count on whey you use ?

[EDIT]I mean all the nutritional info please[/EDIT]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    Interesting, 150gms whey sounds a lot but i guess only about 350cals. Im very impressed at the early start and brekkie, damn im in a coma at 6.30 !

I think you have hit the nail on the head with cutting in that late eating is baaaad. How do you fight the hunger pangs tho? I would be circling the fridge every few minutes like a vulture......
    I put away between 8 and 10 pints of water (minimum) a day. More when training. I also have 2 or 3 cups of white tea(not black tea with milk btw), and one camomile before bed (mild sedative quality as told to me by CJ). By drinking loads it helps keep my hunger at bay.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LilacHarryQuinn View Post
    Roach would you do me a favour please and post up the calorie count on whey you use ?

[EDIT]I mean all the nutritional info please[/EDIT]
    As per 30gms
    Energy 472.0kJ
    Energy 111.0cal
    Protein (dry basis) 26.7g
    Protein (as-is) 26.5g
    Fat 0.3g
    Carbohydrates 0.2g
    Calcium 120.0mg

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wednesday 23rd July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - incl. strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate juice, bananas, apples, raspberries, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder).

1030hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1330hrs 250gms basmati rice with lemon and coriander prawns

1700hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 1 banana, 100gms Extreme carbs.

2030hrs Dinner: Cod (line caught) fish cakes with plenty of mixed veg.

Training: The baby was playing up and the missus was in our gym on the elliptical so I decided to blast out a conditioning routine outside.

Started with 40 alternate leg squat thrusts, 60 seconds skipping, plank (15 seconds per position, full, 1 leg up, full, other leg up, full, 1 arm up, full, other arm up, full) then 30 crunches. Repeat all x 4 then finished with 3 mins skipping. Could have done more but cut it short as the baby was crying and I was on duty!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are you doing much cardio mate? I've been doing about 4 mins of low intensity every day for a while now and I've certainly noticed a difference.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Unconected View Post
    Are you doing much cardio mate? I've been doing about 4 mins of low intensity every day for a while now and I've certainly noticed a difference.
    Do you mean 4 mins or 40 mins?

I have been terrible with my cardio mate, piss poor. I really need to address it but as like most people I hate doing it as it is so monotonous.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If 4 mins a day is making noticable difference... i should be fooking arnie by now

Cardio for me needs to be a game, i need something to make me carry on. I find it hard to meet goals on the strength of "because i have to".

I'll make it a challenge or give myself something for doing it - if i complete all my cardio for the week, i'll allow something tasty and forbidden as a treat - if i dont do it, slack or just dont make the goal - i dont have it.

If you can be strict on that, your find out just how bad you want the evil little treats, and just how easy cardio really is - its the boredom and repatative nature that puts people of it.

LilacHarryQuinn

If you go and run outside as your cardio then knowing you are 3 miles from home and it's pissing down and freezing cold is usually enough motivation to make you crack on I find.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by LilacHarryQuinn View Post
    If you go and run outside as your cardio then knowing you are 3 miles from home and it's pissing down and freezing cold is usually enough motivation to make you crack on I find.
    when i was training for the marathon during the winter months it was a right task to get motivated but the best thing i used to do was get the missus to drop me off 10 miles away in the car no money or phone early sunday mornings gotta get your own ass back!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thursday 24th July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - incl. strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate juice, bananas, apples, raspberries, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder).

1030hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1415hrs 250gms basmati rice with 1 large chicken breast

1700hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 1 banana, 100gms Extreme carbs.

2100hrs Dinner: Home made burgers (5%lean beef mince, egg, herbs & spices, red onion) with plenty of mixed veg.

Training: None. Went to my osteopath yesterday for a regular maintenance appointment. I normally go every 4 -6 weeks sometimes longer, sometimes less depending on the state of my back. Had a fair bit of manipulation and he told me to avoid any heavy lifting or gardening (???) for a few days. That said I intend to train arms Friday (tomorrow).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit I was gonna ask you to pop over and help me with my patio laying too!

Onwards and upwards m8!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    2100hrs Dinner: Home made burgers (5%lean beef mince, egg, herbs & spices, red onion) with plenty of mixed veg.
    damn, i had a bowl of museli and goddamn that sounds yummy !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Friday 25th July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - incl. strawberries, blueberries, redcurrants, pomegranate juice, bananas, apples, raspberries, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder).

1415hrs 250gms basmati rice with turkey breast and some wholegrain mustard (to add some flavour!)

1700hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 100gms Extreme carbs.

2030hrs Dinner: Lemon sole with plenty of mixed veg.

Training: Arms; started off with 1 arm dumbell curls but went lower reps than normal (8-10) but went heavier than normal 4 sets. Then barbell curls 4 x 8-10 reps, then hammers 4 x 8-10 reps. Then onto triceps: cable pushdown (slightly wider grip) 4 x 12 reps superset with resistance tube pushdown with a "out to the side" finish position. Then a "body pivot" exercise for triceps 4 x 12 reps.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Saturday & Sunday were a complete write off as I was at Ascot all day Sat, then back into town in the evening and to Gaucho Grill for dinner and Mo*vida until 4am, so felt like death all Sunday.

Monday 28th July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, bananas, apples, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder).

1330hrs 250gms basmati rice with chicken breast.

1630hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 100gms Extreme carbs, 1 banana.

2030hrs Dinner: Prawn stir fried with plenty of mixed veg.

Training: 60 press-ups.

Tuesday 29th July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate & blueberry juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). (run out of fruit!).

1330hrs 250gms basmati rice with 18 large prawns.

1700hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 100gms Extreme carbs, 1 banana.

2030hrs Dinner: 300gms fillet steak ith jalapeno chillies and plenty of mixed veg.

Training: Shoulders; superset seated military press with side laterals 4 x12-15 reps. Front raises superset with rear delt pull downs (resistance tube) 4 sets x 15 reps. Then Leg raises 4 x20 sets superset with shrugs. Then more leg raises 3 sets x 20reps superset with calf raises 3 x 10 both feet, 3 x 10 left leg, 3 x 10 right leg.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast