Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Roach-Rampino Progress Journal

Wednesday 30th July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate & blueberry juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder) + apples, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries (had a shopping delivery Tuesday pm!).

0945hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1300hrs 250gms mexican style rice with 16 large prawns.

1630hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 1 banana.

2000hrs Dinner: Large piece of haddock in beer batter (oven cooked) with carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn and mange tout.

Training: 100 press ups throughout the day. Abs/obliques session - circuit of 30 x crunches (feet on floor), 20 x crunches legs up on bench, 10 x knee to elbow each side, 20 x push throughs (feet flat on floor) 60 seconds static plank. Repeated x 3. Then finished with 20 x leg raises.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thursday 31st July 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate & blueberry juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Strawberries, blueberries, banana, apples and raspberries.

1000hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1330hrs 250gms egg rice with lemon & pepper prawns.

1700hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 1 banana.

2030hrs Dinner: Went out for dinner. Started with moules mariniere then liver on a bed of baby spinach with a side order of grilled vegetables. No wine just water.

Training: None.

Friday 1st August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate & blueberry juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Strawberries, blueberries, banana, apples and raspberries.

1000hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1330hrs 250gms basmati rice with roast chicken breast slices (no skin), chilli powder and black pepper.

1700hrs Protein shake - 40gms protein powder, splash of soya milk, water, 1 banana, 100gms Extreme carbs.

2030hrs Dinner: 2 haddock fishcakes with salad.

Training: Legs (TRX system): 20 x squat to row 4 sets, then 12 x straight squats (x 4) superset with 12 x inverted squats (x 4) then 12 x one legged squats (leg out in front) each leg x 4 sets, then 12 x one legged squats (leg behind) x 4 sets. Then inverted press-ups (one leg forward) x 12 each leg x 4 sets.

Saturday 2nd August 2008

0930hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1400hrs Shake 40gms protein, soya milk, water & 100ms porridge.

1800hrs At a bbq so 2 pieces of chicken, 1 spare rib, 4 prawns, some salad and 1 burger (homemade).

Training: None.

Sunday 3rd August 2008

0900hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate & blueberry juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Strawberries, blueberries, banana, apples and raspberries.

1300hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1830hrs Dinner - 2 x turkey breast steaks with ham and mozzarella, stir fry veg.

Training: Arms - bicep cable curls superset with tricep cable pull downs, 4 x 12 reps each (after 15 reps warm -up) added in an abs exercise after each superset of "edge of the bench" crunches. Then overhead tricep extension (resistance tube) superset with bicep concentration curls 4 x 12 reps with an abs exercise of decline crunches x 20 reps (x4 sets). Then triceps cable pull down (resistance tube) with bicep curls (resistance tube) x 4 sets with knees to shoulders as the abs exercise reps- until failure(between 5 and 8 reps).

Then came disaster, I went to move my bench with one hand as I was holding the baby monitor in the other (I was looking after the baby while the wife was out so was getting in a training session while he was asleep). As I twisted round my lower back popped again Not as bad as before as I knew what was coming so treated it as quickly as I could. I have one of those electric massage mats that goes over the back of the chair so went straight away and sat on that on Shiatsu mode for 20mins which seemed to help stop the muscles going into spasm as badly as they did the time before. Took a few painkillers and then a shower. Sitting around makes it worse and so does sleeping so I've got up today (Monday) and it's pretty painful. I've got my sports physio coming tonight and I will get an appointment for the chiropractor tomorrow.

Hopefully this will not be a major setback as I am really starting to see good results from my regime.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 4th August 2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: typos

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ohh bad luck m8!!

My back has been fooked all week-end tho not due to any work-out but due to fooking about with 2'x2' patio slabs on Friday evening!!

So you have my sympathy!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Monday 4th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, banana, apples, raspberries and redcurrants.

0930hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 100gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1300hrs Two homemade burgers (5% lean beef) with jalapeno chillies and mustard. A weird meal really but some protein in there.

1630hrs Shake - 40gms whey, water and a banana.

2030hrs Two pieces of haddock with stir fry vegetables

Training: None. Back is still bad but I had m usual 1 hour sports massage which was well timed. Sh e concentrated on my back because of my injury and legs as they were aching due to Fridays leg session. It really helped to ease off my back muscles that are in spasm but a night's sleep with little or no movement means that it's very stiff when I wake up in the morning (my back that is ).

Tuesday 5th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, banana, apples, raspberries and redcurrants.

1300hrs 250gms basmati rice with tomato & basil prawns.

2030hrs Stir fry chicken breast with stir fry veg and chopped mixed peppers too. No sauce but plenty of black pepper and chilli powder.

Training: None. Bad back :o(

Because I've not trained the past two days I've cut right back on my carbs purely because I won't need them or burn them off as I am not training.

Thanks
    Karma Level

unlucky mate, its the season for bad backs!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wednesday 6th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, banana, raspberries and redcurrants.

0930hrs Shake - 40gms protein powder, 75gms porridge, water, soya milk, 1 banana.

1300hrs 250gms basmati rice with lemon & pepper prawns.

1930hrs Small bowl of homemade chilli con carne. 5% lean mince, peppers, tomatoes, green chillies and seasoning. Delicious but too smaller portion. Father-in-law was staying so there was no chance of seconds as my missus had only made enough for 3 portions except they had rice and I didn't.

Training: None. Bad back :o( Actually I went into my gym and did a few close grip pull ups.

I am suffering a setback here so may extend the posting of my finish pics by a few weeks. Ideally until I get back from hols as a tan will look good.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thursday 7th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), grapefruitseed oil, porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, banana, raspberries and redcurrants.

1300hrs 250gms basmati rice with tin of tuna.

1600hrs Shake - 40gms whey, water and a banana.

1930hrs 3 small pieces of cod with mixed veg.

Training: None. Went to chiropractors after work. She likened my injury to twisting your ankle but in my back. She said the muscles in my lower back were very inflamed and that's why they felt "bruised" as I described it. She massaged the area, then tried some manipulation but the muscles were too tight. Bit more massage then managed to get my back to "click". I am going back on Saturday and possibly Monday.

Friday 8th August 2008

1000hrs Bowl of Alpen with soya milk

1300hrs American Hot pizza from Pizza Express.

A Crunchie.

1900hrs Chicken fajitas and two glasses of my favorite Rioja.

Training: None. Just doing back stretches morning and night.

I woke up this morning and was very down about the whole back situation. I think my diet has started to get to me too. Decided to have a proper cheat day and relax. Did me good as I have woken up today (Saturday) feeling much better and more positive about the whole thing

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Tuesday 12th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, banana, apple, raspberries and redcurrants.

1400hrs 250gms basmati rice with plain chicken breast, some chilli powder, black pepper and a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard.

1700hrs Shake - 40gms whey, water and a banana.

2030hrs Turkey breast stir fry with blackbean sauce.

Training: Chest and triceps. Started with flat bench press; 15 x warm up reps, 5 x 12 reps (increasing weight) then finished with 2 x 15 reps widest grip possible (less weight though). Close grip bench press 4 x 12 reps. Flat dumbell press superset with flat flies 4 x 12 reps. Tricep cable pull downs 4 x 12 reps superset with 4 x 15 pull downs (different finish position) with resistance tube.

Back is on the mend, went chiro on Sat and going again on Thurs. I trained chest and triceps to avoid putting any real stress on my lower back.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 16th August 2008 at 08:24 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Friday 15th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, banana, apple, raspberries and redcurrants.

1300hrs 250gms basmati rice with prawns, squid, clams and mussels. Chilli powder, black pepper and lemon juice.

1700hrs Shake - 40gms whey, water and a banana, dash of soya milk.

20o0hrs Chicken breast fillets with vegetable chilli.

Training:
    Trained back and biceps: Seated pull downs 15 x warm ups, then 4 x 12 reps. Then standing lateral row (resistance tubes) for rear delts, superset with front pull downs (resistance tubes) for lats. 4 sets x 12 reps each. Straight row 4 sets 12 reps. Then biceps curls (resistance tubes) superset with bear-hugs 4 sets of 12 reps each.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just having a look through your thread, well done so far.
    Think your idea of putting porridge in your shake sounds like a good idea, as when cooking my porridge in the morning im only actually eating 40gms, and the idea of cooking up 100grms sounds a massive breakfast to me, so just sticking the oats in shake seems much easier. Gonna try this tomorrow.

How's your back after training it Friday?
    [DF] RUDE BOI BEN C

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tried sticking the oaks in my protein shake today, stuck 45gms in my 200ml milk & whey. Didn't taste too bad, pretty much made my shake taste of oats, however the bitty-ness of the drink was quite hard to get down, blended it all up with a hand blender.

How much water/milk are mixing your 100gms of poridge, as sounds quite hard to drink.
    [DF] RUDE BOI BEN C

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by RUDE BOI View Post
    Just having a look through your thread, well done so far.
    Think your idea of putting porridge in your shake sounds like a good idea, as when cooking my porridge in the morning im only actually eating 40gms, and the idea of cooking up 100grms sounds a massive breakfast to me, so just sticking the oats in shake seems much easier. Gonna try this tomorrow.

How's your back after training it Friday?

It makes it much easier to swallow mate. Try putting them in the with the liquid the night before too as it softens the oats. I use 3/4 pint water with 1/4 soya milk.

Back was good thanks although I really trained upper back as opposed to my lower back area where the problem is. I think I am over it now.

I have been doing lots of ab work which my chiropractor did say can cause a build up of pressure in your lower spine, which may have caused the injury?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Tuesday 19th August 2008

1000hrs 2 poached eggs, black pepper & chilli powder.

1330hrs 125gms egg rice with plain grilled chicken breast. Chilli powder, black pepper and lemon juice.

1630hrs Shake - 40gms whey, water and dash of soya milk.

2000hrs Chicken breast fillet with mixed vegetables.

Training:

AM: 25mins elliptical (cardio).

PM:
    Trained shoulders: Seated shoulder press (barbell) 15 x warm up reps, 7 x 12 reps (ascending and then descending weights). Side raises super set with front raises 4 x 12 reps. Seated dumbell press 4 x 12 reps super set with a seated dumbell pump (half the movement held for the count of two then repeats) 7 reps. Rear delts (resistance bands) 12 reps superset with a lighter band "pump" set (held in finish position for 2 seconds) 7 reps.

I've finally got my sorry arse doing some cardio as I am not getting the results I need with weights and diet alone. Only 10 days until my holiday so it may be too late but we will see.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thursday 21st August 2008

0930hrs 2 poached eggs mixed with 130gms tuna, black pepper & chilli powder.

1330hrs 125gms basmati rice with lemon & pepper prawns, sliced cucumber.

1530hrs M&S large sushi selection.

1900hrs Two tuna & lime fishcakes and a large salad (Heart of Romaine lettuce, 1 x tomato, spinach, watercress and rocket - no dressing).

Training:
    AM:25 minutes elliptical trainer
    PM:20 ab rolls (with ab roller).

As you can see with my diet I am trying to rely less on whey powder for my protein intake and get it from proper meals instead.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 23rd August 2008 at 08:14 AM. Reason: wrong date

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Friday 22nd August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, apple, raspberries and redcurrants.

1000hrs 100gms wafer thin turkey breast, sliced cucumber and fresh spinach.

1330hrs Fresh tuna steak, half a baked potato and green mixed leaf salad. No dressing just black pepper, this was one of the nicest meals I've had in ages, the combo just seemed to work!

1530hrs 125gms Sliced roast turkey breast with wholegrain mustard (I find it makeS me salivate and so stops food being to dry in my mouth).

1700hrs 125gms sliced roast turkey breast (the rest of the packet from earlier).

2000hrs Post workout shake of 40gms whey protein and 15gms L-glutamine with water.

2030hrs Chicken stir fry with mixed veg.

Training:
    AM:25 minutes elliptical trainer

PM: Trained back: seated pull downs warm up 15 reps, then 4 x 12 reps. Seated row 4 x 12 reps super set with 7 reps seated row but with a "hold and squeeze" for the count of 2, then repeat. One armed row (seated) so pulling down on the cable pulley from above 4 x 12 reps each arms superset with 4 x 6 reps each arm. Deadlift 3 x 20 reps (went light because of my back but went high reps to drum in the movement). Finished off some biceps; standing barbell curls 4 x 12 reps superset with a "hold & squeeze" for a count of 2 4 x 7 reps. This is an absolute killer!!! I superset these with dorsal raises on the Swiss ball 4 x 12 reps.
    Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 23rd August 2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Karma Level

How did you find high rep deads? Could you feel your form slipping near the end when you got more tired?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    How did you find high rep deads? Could you feel your form slipping near the end when you got more tired?

Not at all (was only lifting 25kgs). I could have done a 4th set but didn't want to push my luck.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Where I have been fine tuning my carb/protein intake and using food groups as opposed to just whey powder coupled with closing the gap between meals to more like 2.5 - 3 hours, I have been experiencing an almost physical high, general sense of well being and uplifted mood. It's a great feeling, in stark contrast to the fatigue and almost mental shut down I was experiencing when cutting carbs and using just whey for my protein intake.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Tuesday 26th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, a pear, a banana, and some strawberries.

0930hrs Shake - 100gms porridge, soya milk, 40 gms protein and water.

1300hrs Turkey breast slices (not reformed) cucumber, basmati rice, black pepper and chilli powder.

1600hrs M&S large sushi selection

2000hrs Post workout shake of 40gms whey protein and 15gms L-glutamine with water.

2030hrs Turkey breast stir fry with spinach, red and yellow peppers.

Training:

PM: Trained shoulders: Seated military press; warm up x 15 reps then 4 x 12 reps. Side raises moving to the front at the top of the movement, then back to sides and down 4 x 10 reps, superset with front raises 4 x 10 reps. Seated dumbell press 4 x 12 reps, superset with an further 7 reps, held halfway for the count of 2. 4 x 7 reps. Standing pull backs (resistance band for rear delts) 4 x 12 reps superset with inverted side raises (not sure of the correct name but you lie on the inclined bench, facing the floor and hang your arms at your sides holding the dumbells, pull back and out until your upper arms are 90 degrees to the ground). 4 x 10 reps. Finished off with 4 x 10 knees to elbows (hanging from the pull-up bar).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Friday 29th August 2008

0630hrs - usual smoothie - pomegranate juice, green kamut powder, Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend (containing omega 3,6 and 9 oils), porridge, soya milk and 40gms whey protein powder). Blueberries, raspberries, redcurrants.

0930hrs 2 poached eggs with 130gms tuna, black pepper and chilli powder.

1300hrs Lemon and pepper prawns with small jackety potato, rocket, spinach and watercress salad, fresh lemon juice, chilli powder and black pepper.

1600hrs Wafer thin turkey breast (200gms) with fresh spinach and sliced cucumber.

2030hrs Two haddock fishcakes with steamed brocolli, string green beans and spinach (we've just bought a new 3 tier steamer).

Training:

PM: Trained arms: Standing bicep curls (straight bar) 15 x warm-up then 4 x 12 reps superset with tricep pull downs (resistance band) 15 x warm up then 4 x 12 reps. Then single concentration curls (dumbells) superset with wide-grip pull downs (standing). 4 x 12 reps of each. Then triceps pull-downs (resistance band) with wide "knuckles up" finish position 4 x 12 reps superset with single/alternate hammer curls 4 x 10 reps each arm. Then overhead extension (resistance bands) superset with cable curls 4 x 12 reps each. The did knees to elbows 4 x 10 reps to finish off with a bit of abs.

I'm off on my hols tomorrow but will take my resistance bands and door anchor to keep the pump over the course of the week. Also will be swimming, walking and eating well.

Will get some good pics once I have developed a bit of a tan

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast