Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Roach-Rampino Progress Journal

Well after 4 weeks of super strict diet, good cardio and weights, I have just come back from a relaxing week with my wife and my son in Mallorca.

The diet is very hard work, eating exactly the same amount of carbs and protein every single day with meals spaced 3.5 hours apart. All I ate for 4 weeks (apart froma total of 4 cheat meals) was: no fruit, minimal fats, only green veg and green salad (nothing red or any other colour because of sugars), only white fish (I went for cod and plaice), tuna, gallons of water and white leaf tea. Porridge, rice and protein powder and no alcohol (apart from one hefty session on the piss with school pals which totally knocked me for the few days afterwards having not drunk for 2 months).

Emotionally it really fucks your head up, going from emotinal highs to lows in a matter of hours. My wife was extremely patient and put up with me being a very moody chap over the course of the diet. She has also had to witness my constant posing and flexing in the mirror without sniggering at me too much and was decent enough to take some photos on holiday to keep me quiet lol.

My conclusion: The reason why more people don't have six-packs or are in really good shape is that it is fucking hard work. It takes good planning, discipline and strong will power.

I will diet down again in about 6 months and hopefully the fat will shift easier because I won't have held it for so long. A good physique is well earnt and takes time. Unfortunately for my body, I am extremely busy at work and spend almost 11 hours a day stuck at my desk, which long periods of no physical movement, I believe do not help to keep your metabolsim going.

Well you'd be expecting to see an Adonis from all this but sadly it's not that easy. I did well and learnt alot about dieting and how my body repsonds to foods. I lost just over a stone (15st 6lbs down to 14st 4lbs) and most of that was fat due to low intensity cardio, a good weights programme and the very strict diet.

Here are my pics, apologies in advance for the stupid facial expressions; pose down is actually quite hard and can make you look like you are taking a Jurassic shit.

Spoiler:

I took these 3 photos on the last day; my tan was better and where I was eating more (and drinking too!) I seemed to fill out more and my abs had a little more definition which I hope is evident from these shots. You do need to get the lighting right!!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Roach-Rampino; 13th September 2009 at 06:35 PM.