Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Spennyboys Progress Journal (2008 - Closed Thread)

Start Date: 07/07/2008

Start Weight: 97kg

Start Pics: coming

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Spennyboys Progress Journal

Respect for posting in metric, I've never understood imperial measurements.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Any updates Spenny?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah sorry gants.

Im a bit all over the place this week, work is mad and i've not been online at home, hence lack of pics.

Diet also been a bit screwed this week, lack of planning. Was down gym last night, im upping everything still and pushing hard on the cardio.

Will be back down the Gym tonight for a good burnout.

My diet is still my weakest point, which is stupid because i've read and got meal plans i have all the information but for some reason i still hit gaps from time to time - for instance, late yesterday for work, left without time to prepare a lunch.

Got to work.. went out to the shops and all that is around is fucking take away/bakery/cafe etc - makes it hard finding something suitable to have. (ended up with a nutcrunch health eating bar type thing and bottle of water)

So i need to plan well in advance to make sure i have what i need

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spennyboy View Post
    Yeah sorry gants.

Im a bit all over the place this week, work is mad and i've not been online at home, hence lack of pics.

Diet also been a bit screwed this week, lack of planning. Was down gym last night, im upping everything still and pushing hard on the cardio.

Will be back down the Gym tonight for a good burnout.

My diet is still my weakest point, which is stupid because i've read and got meal plans i have all the information but for some reason i still hit gaps from time to time - for instance, late yesterday for work, left without time to prepare a lunch.

Got to work.. went out to the shops and all that is around is fucking take away/bakery/cafe etc - makes it hard finding something suitable to have. (ended up with a nutcrunch health eating bar type thing and bottle of water)

So i need to plan well in advance to make sure i have what i need
    I've got a great weeks meal plan - I'll post it in a seperate thread. Should help those preparing etc... and it's what I'm eating at the mo, with a few variations. You wont go hungry on it, but it does require quite a lot of prep.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeh post it up - i've a few already, pinched from roach and a few others.

Variety is the spice of life

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right, just back from a week in Corfu.

Diet was scattered, as i was adament to enjoy myself, first holiday away and all that.

I was quite scared to jump on the scales when i arrived home, however to my suprise, i've actually lost a pound! Amazing!

But in hindsight... i was swimming for 4/5 hours a day - that must of helped, i went for a couple 'beach runs' - fuck me that beach got hot, 40 degrees at one point, i was running so fast im sure i was floating.

Beach Diet...

Morning: 2x Egg White, Handful of Beans, 1 rasher of Bacon.

Lunch: Fruit (huge great apples and pears out there)/Ice Cream/Pack of crisps.

Dinner: Mixed Grill / Chicken Breat with Potatoe/ Pies dishes - loads of random tasty dinners.

All i drank out there was water all day and in the evening, fruit cocktails (no alc). Prob had 4/5 beers all week.

So i've returned pretty happy - i was pissed about going on holiday as i thought i might loose the motivation but i've not.

My shoulders are burnt to fuck, so im out of weight lifting for few days yet. But cardio will start up again today

Thanks
    Karma Level

dum de dum....... me again

Right, holiday sorted and post-holiday lazy week sorted also.

Monday the 28th... the race begins again, properly.

Im upping cardio to what ever i can manage in a session - gonna try my hardest to get down the gym for 45min-hour before work. Its going to be very hard, were talking being at Gym doors for 6am, out by 7-7.30 and off to work

Will start to update this thread properly now

Although i think i've fucked my start date, seeing as 2 weeks down, hard training. .... bugger. Back to focus on the big prize

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spennyboy View Post
    post-holiday lazy week sorted also.
    dont let it slip mate. i say this because i see lazy weeks as very dangerous. this isnt to say you're not motivated, this is something i see that can affect anyone, anyone at all.

i see all too often people taking a day off, then bunking another, followed by a day off because 'something cropped up'. then all of a sudden the rhythm lapses and what was once a good routine has become 'damn i havent been for two months', and then 'hmmm maybe i should cancel the direct debit'.

the next stage is being a fat shit and eating donuts all day with a remote control etc

Back to focus on the big prize
    adaboy spen

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    dont let it slip mate. i say this because i see lazy weeks as very dangerous. this isnt to say you're not motivated, this is something i see that can affect anyone, anyone at all.

i see all too often people taking a day off, then bunking another, followed by a day off because 'something cropped up'. then all of a sudden the rhythm lapses and what was once a good routine has become 'damn i havent been for two months', and then 'hmmm maybe i should cancel the direct debit'.

the next stage is being a fat shit and eating donuts all day with a remote control etc

adaboy spen
    Dont fear Zippy matey, i say lazy week because i didnt attend the gym. This was due to an almighty upper body pealing due to sun burn on holiday and the last thing i wanted was to flake all over the gym. Plus i doubt many people in the pool would have been happy to see me - hence i spent last week just doing manual bits around the home - press-ups/sit-ups etc.

Im completely regenerated now and been gagging to get back to some heavier stuff.

I've just spent the last 2 hours unloading 500 boxes from a truck to the floor... then from the floor to multiple trollys. Feel completely fucked....... but boy do i love it

Thanks
    Karma Level

After seeing Roachs bump, i decided its time to dust of this thread...

So where have i been?

No where, still here, still working towards my goal.

Why have you not posted updates?

My diet was pony for a while and i didnt really feel justified posting - defeated the object and a bit embarassed i couldnt sort it out.

How are you getting on?

Very well, weight is slowly coming of and im starting to 'size' up quite nicely.

Whats changed?

Got my diet decent for the minute - porridge in the mornings, little fruit/nuck snacks during the day. Plenty of protein, chicken, fish etc and dinners mostly fish/chicken/beef stir fry. Beans/eggs/chicken. All diff combos. Got protein shakes on the go now also.

I go for variation diets each week, some crash course eating the minium, others loads of meats etc. Experimenting with what foods/amounts do to my body and general well being.

Still very much motivated towards my original goal, got a pal coming down the gym with me as of last week so hitting that even harder now.

Other than that... stay tuned

Thanks
    Karma Level

keep it up pal

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mini achievment last night!

I find it difficult to run for long periods, not through fitness, just via getting so bored with the same thing (talking treadmil running).

If i do an hour cardio.. it will be 4x15, 3x20 and very rare will i do 2x30.

However, last night, due to a bet with a PT at the gym, i done 1 Hour straight running. No stopping.

Very proud

(i know its probably a warm up to most but am a fat unfit fuck so be happy for me )

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well done m8!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington